Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestionsWant to Buy

Batman Damned6960

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I just received my 2 copies of Batman Damned #1 (variant) yesterday that I ordered from ZoomComix. I bought them after prices went up past $30 and they had their last 2 copies for $16.99 each. I was worried because I never heard of or ordered from ZoomComix, but they arrived in perfect condition and were even placed in Topload Holders!
That is good to hear. Will have check them out.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't researched this but, is the Jim Lee cover going for more right now? I preordered one awhile back. Looking forward to getting it assuming I don't get screwed out of it. time will tell.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
There is an eBay auction for an Uncorrected proof copy, 36 bids already at $355!! SAY WHAT!?????
Post 53 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
OMG, auction just ended and sold for $525!!! THAT IS JUST CRAZY TOWN NUTS!!!!!!!!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
And here is some more crazy...clickable text
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That 10 looks fake as hell
Post 56 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I haven't researched this but, is the Jim Lee cover going for more right now? I preordered one awhile back. Looking forward to getting it assuming I don't get screwed out of it. time will tell.

Initially, the Jim Lee cover was slightly more. Then there were SO many more of the cover 'A' I thought that was going for more. But maybe people were just holding onto their Jim Lee's? Hard to tell. Also, I think the fact that so many more of the eBay sells were cover 'A' that it skewed the numbers.

But now MyComicShop has both covers in. They are selling 'A' for $63.00 and 'B' for $72.00. So that's pretty definitive. For now.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think it matters (A or B). They are both equally nice covers and seem to be plentiful.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Azzarello/ComicSketchArt are getting in on the action too...

Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Yeah, I just checked and midtown and UKCB were only 25% off...odd.

BTW, did you know there's a Batman Who Laughs comic coming out in December? And cover A is by Jock? Holy cow! More excited about that. Should have made Jock the virgin cover.

I might actually figure out how to preorder a comic ha. That cover looks pretty sweet.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Deleted
Post 61 IP   flag post
WOW!

Quote:
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks

say what you want about Stan Lee's prices...at least he's consistent no matter what you're having signed...

Not a fan of charging a different price based on a specific book. I think Cates was doing that with Venom #1s.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

say what you want about Stan Lee's
prices...at least he's consistent no matter what you're having signed...

Not a fan of charging a different price based on a specific book. I think Cates was doing that with Venom #1s.

That’s some bs right there talk about a cash grab
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Not being a DC guy usually, I submitted to the hype and cracked and ordered a copy of this book...Midtown has a DF Damned #1 signed Azarello Lee variant preorder for $52...

Doesn't ship until end of December...so guess will see if prices have come down to earth a bit by then.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Midtown has, in the past, offered signed books for cover price. I've gotten a Deadman glow-in-the dark signed by Neal Adams, a Weapon H #1 (Pak) old Man Hawkeye (Saks) to name a few. But the last few months they've jacked up the price...likely this would have been a $20 or maybe cover if it wasn't for The Penis...
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yeah... had already shipped off books for signatures when they quoted $10. Then I get a call to let me know it’s now $25..... then Diamond says they aren’t reprinting anytime soon and suddenly it’s $50!?!

$120 price increase on my 3 books ... better be worth it when I get them back 3x signed/Graded
Post 67 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykrets
Quote:
Quote:

say what you want about Stan Lee's
prices...at least he's consistent no matter what you're having signed...

That’s some bs right there talk about a cash grab

Agree 100%!

Raw = $5 but Batman Damned raw is a 1000% mark up and CGC is $10 but Batman Damned CGC is a 500% mark up....yup! seems fair.
Post 68 IP   flag post
601289 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?