Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestionsWant to Buy

Batman Damned6960

Collector Topsykrets private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I wonder if the 2nd printing will have a variant cover? Bruce naked with a fig leaf covering his privates would be funny.
that had me rolling thank you lol 😂
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I know CBCS cant grade it because of the size, but if they could would they because of the nudity? Whats the CBCS stance on that kind of thing?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I think cbcs can raw grade that size.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
lets hope no one tells batman its too big to grade....
Post 29 IP   flag post
Update** they as of right now are doing no reprints
Post 30 IP   flag post

Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
With no reprints will that mean the original uncensored version will be in higher demand?
Post 31 IP   flag post
That’s my assumption
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykrets
Update** they as of right now are doing no reprints

What is this?
Post 33 IP   flag post
An update straight from dc on the Batman damned series
Post 34 IP   flag post
MCS has three of the B Lee Covers for.....72 apiece in apparent Near Mint condition...yikes. And that may turn out cheap if the book keeps climbing
Post 35 IP   flag post
Man I’m happy I preordered it lol
Post 36 IP   flag post
I see other sites are now reporting the same thing. So this is now a tri-monthly series...so much for this black label taking off.

Why wouldn't DC want to take advantage of the hype and demand, especially those who may want a "reader" copy of issue 1 or just don't want to pay $70 for a copy and don't need to see a penis?

I think this may even hurt issue 2 pre ordering...making that a tough issue to get ahold of as well. People are going to forget about Damned come final order cut-off in November...

Bad move on DCs part...good for those who are still hording copies, I suppose...value should hold for a while.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Its brilliant on Dc's part when you think about it..You just created the sensation of the year in comics and can ride it into next year now that release of issue 2 has been postponed till December...this lets the frenzy build to ridiculous levels and lets everyone that wants issue 2 to to order it. They are taking advantage of the hype...but letting everyone who missed the pre order boat get set with the rest of the series.Those who missed it can buy digital to read, or wait for the inevitable trade to come....
Post 38 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I think this may even hurt issue 2 pre ordering...making that a tough issue to get ahold of as well. People are going to forget about Damned come final order cut-off in November...

I had previously heard the ordering cutoff had already passed for #2, and they were stuck at the original number - whatever it was before #1 spiked. But it sounds like that's no longer the case. Did they delay it, you think, so they could increase the print run? I don't know how the printing / ordering aspect works, but that makes sense ... a LOT of people will change their orders for #2 if they can.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I placed my preorder for #2 earlier today from an eBay seller. I just checked and he sold out already with 13 sales. That listing was just put up today.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid to my knowledge orders were not yet closed for issue 2. All sites that post FOCs had it still open even before this news. I think the rumor is unsubstantiated.

@Darkseid_of_town the hype will die down waaay before December. Delays have never been good for sales and hype. If anything, you lose readers if the story drags out.

@Jesse_O you can't rely on eBay sales. A Lot of uniformed/misinformed buyers are there. Go to midtown , unknown comic books, golden apple, etc. I'll check again but I think they haven't closed open orders...or at least they are still offering typical 35% discounts as they do with all open orders prior to FOC.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I placed my preorder for #2 earlier today from an eBay seller. I just checked and he sold out already with 13 sales. That listing was just put up today.

Thanks for the info. I ordered mine last week from DCBS (because they are 40% off and I've never tried them). Looks like they, at least, are still selling them. Here is the link.

Unknown Comics has them, too, but for $1.75 more. (They are $5.94, vs. $4.19 at DCBS.)
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Drogio I can see your point, but I don't believe that any of those stores post the numbers of preorders sold. Plus, whether they are informed or not, these are still buyers and these are still sales. I did check Midtown just now, they are offering 25% off. But I refuse to deal with them after a bad experience I had.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Yeah, I just checked and midtown and UKCB were only 25% off...odd.

BTW, did you know there's a Batman Who Laughs comic coming out in December? And cover A is by Jock? Holy cow! More excited about that. Should have made Jock the virgin cover.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
I was lucky to get three copies which are now all very original and rare because my dog chewed one, my cat shat on one and my wife's budgie chewed the other one to pieces.

As such these are unique pieces which I am offering here for $1000 each.

Be quick folks these are going to be snapped up.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O agree with you on midtown. I'm torn now as if I order a copy that far out I'd like to pair it up with some othe comics like Batman Who Laughs and Batman 60 (Mattina variant) all coming out in early/mid December to save on shipping....but I think midtown may be the only shop that has those pre sales that far out. Still researching....will keep a close eye on this. Very odd.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@Drogio MyComicShop takes preorders. But generally, when a new Preview comes out, the old one goes away. Since Batman Damned #2 was in last month's Preview, you can't preorder it now from them. But anything in the October Previews, you can order. And actually, I'm kind of debating about Batman and the Outsiders. That was one of the few DC titles that I enjoyed in my younger years. I might add it my MCS "to get" list or just keep an eye out for it when it is released. I seriously doubt it will be a "hot" comic. I may even wait to hear reviews of it. But I do like this promo cover art!!

Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsykrets
Man I’m happy I preordered it lol

My thoughts exactly. Preordered A&B for less than cover. Need to decide if I’ll sell one.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio That is a sweet Jock cover.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I just received my 2 copies of Batman Damned #1 (variant) yesterday that I ordered from ZoomComix. I bought them after prices went up past $30 and they had their last 2 copies for $16.99 each. I was worried because I never heard of or ordered from ZoomComix, but they arrived in perfect condition and were even placed in Topload Holders!
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I just received my 2 copies of Batman Damned #1 (variant) yesterday that I ordered from ZoomComix. I bought them after prices went up past $30 and they had their last 2 copies for $16.99 each. I was worried because I never heard of or ordered from ZoomComix, but they arrived in perfect condition and were even placed in Topload Holders!
That is good to hear. Will have check them out.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't researched this but, is the Jim Lee cover going for more right now? I preordered one awhile back. Looking forward to getting it assuming I don't get screwed out of it. time will tell.

Post 52 IP   flag post
There is an eBay auction for an Uncorrected proof copy, 36 bids already at $355!! SAY WHAT!?????
Post 53 IP   flag post
OMG, auction just ended and sold for $525!!! THAT IS JUST CRAZY TOWN NUTS!!!!!!!!!
Post 54 IP   flag post
And here is some more crazy...clickable text
Post 55 IP   flag post
600742 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?