Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

What was your first submission694

COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the first 2 books I submitted to CBCS last year. Picked up both at the Gem City Con in Dayton Ohio.
The ASM #23 is probably one of my all time favorite Spidey covers. This one really caught my eye with how bright and clean the cover is. Bone white with no hint of browning or foxing. Plus it has perfect wrap and centering. As soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it.
The Aquaman #35 really jumped out at me too. It has sentimental value to me as a copy of #35 was the 2nd Aquaman book I purchased off the rack new back in 1967. Of course my original copy is long gone and this the first time I have owned another copy in probably 46 years. Not only that, the value of this book has gone off the rails recently.
Enjoy.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector howardknoah private msg quote post Address this user
My first submissions were: Batman Adventures #12 - graded at 9.2 & Forever People #1 - graded at 9.0. Have upgraded the BA 12 since then and sold the Forever People.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector userX745 private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission that showed up on dashboard. It wasn't too bad. Started collecting the 90's then stopped for many years and just recently got back into collection books again. Learning a lot about grading and this first batch of books gives me a better idea what to look for in future submissions.

Thank you CBCS.

Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
These books were my first submission.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I no longer have it, but it was a Batman #608 Jim Lee 1:100 variant. Graded out at a 9.8 which made me sell it. I made about $500 profit on that book.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
My first submission was my Byrne X-Men run, about 15 issues and were almost all 9.6/9.8 sold them all and bought some nice detective keys and more books to flip.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I just got back my first submissions. They aren't very high grades but I'm happy I had finally got some of the comics I wanted when I was younger.

I am surprised it's not noted Captain America picks up Mjolnir in Thor #390 though. It's listed in Overstreet so figured it be on the slab.
Post 57 IP   flag post
598080 57 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?