Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

Your book with the most views on MSC6916

Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how often (if ever) they update this site/app? The user interface and lack of features kinda gives me the vibe that it is a somewhat newer site; however, i have seen a few accounts that are 5-6 years old. I just started loading in some of my collection last night (I have a long way to go still) but there are definitely some features/improvements I'd love to see and wondering how likely it is that any are being made?
Post 26 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
They have a username on here, maybe you can message them and see if they respond.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/profile/MySlabbedComics
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks I’ve been using the site for a while and I can’t say I’ve noticed a large number of really obvious additions but I also haven’t looked for more than just a place to post pictures of my slabs online.

I do remember them adding CBCS red labels and .1, .3, and ART (I think) labels, but those seems like obvious minor additions
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
This one has the most hits in my collection:
Post 30 IP   flag post

So I emailed the them using their online contact form and asked about a few updates/features and they said they saw this thread on the CBCS forum and provided some insight to some features they are considering. Awesome to see they are involved and working on the site (and on the CBCS forum)
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector MySlabbedComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Whatever you do - do not chose add with assign. It is painly and takes a long time. Just use add

Hi! We haven't heard this issue before- is it a loading problem, searching or other?

Using the Assign function helps us better track the true slabbed census on the site, I recommend doing it whenever possible. When you do Assign an issue it then has a link on your item page to the Grand Comic Database information with all the issue details as well as shows how many other copies of that comic are uploaded to the site(as long as they are assigned). It may in the long term be linked to original art pages from comicartfans or other features as well!
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
So I emailed the them using their online contact form and asked about a few updates/features and they said they saw this thread on the CBCS forum and provided some insight to some features they are considering. Awesome to see they are involved and working on the site (and on the CBCS forum)

It was nice to talk with you Ryan!

We are always trying to adjust as the site grows, and always welcome suggestions. If anyone has specific questions please let me know!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

That was a cool year one upload!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlabbedComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Whatever you do - do not chose add with assign. It is painly and takes a long time. Just use add

Hi! We haven't heard this issue before- is it a loading problem, searching or other?

Using the Assign function helps us better track the true slabbed census on the site, I recommend doing it whenever possible. When you do Assign an issue it then has a link on your item page to the Grand Comic Database information with all the issue details as well as shows how many other copies of that comic are uploaded to the site(as long as they are assigned). It may in the long term be linked to original art pages from comicartfans or other features as well!

I don't want to speak for @poka, but I think he is referring to how long it takes to navigate through the UI; not so much the loading time. This was one thing I noticed as well as i started adding my books, for example, when i want to assign an Amazing Spider-Man book, I type "Amazing spider-man" into the search and 170 results pop up; and they aren't sorted by most popular or best matched or anything. So then i have to manually look through the list with no filtering capability to find which amazing spider-man series i need to select. After clicking the radio button, i have to manually scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to click the "next step" button and then it shows me the issue numbers. a lot of the issue numbers have (v), for variant next to them, but there is no way to know what the variant is without clicking the "Review" button...for the most part, i can assume that the regular is the Direct version and the (v) is the newsstand but sometimes the (v) is the pence copy...again, no way to know without clicking "Review". And then again, once i figure out the issue and click the radio button, i have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to finally assign.

Now, none of that is a deal breaker for me but it does take much longer than just clicking "add" and when you are adding hundreds of slabs, i could see how the "assign" feature could not seem worth it; especially when the end user doesn't directly see the benefit of assigning (yet).
Post 35 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks I definitely agree that the process is a bit lengthy and it’s a shame that the database has to be updated by MSC manuslly.

As for the benefit of assigning, an assigned book will have a link showing you all the other books on MSC with the same assignment
Post 36 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySlabbedComics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

That was a cool year one upload!

Somewhere there is a recreation of the unused cover of X-Men 56 that goes with it.
Post 37 IP   flag post
598080 37 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?