Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Ebay bad packaging job, can I ask for refund?6906

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
I won the following auction, it was advertised as NM 9.0 or 9.2, I am attaching pics of how it arrived and packing job

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
I would ask saying book is damaged due to packaging.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
When will people figure out that putting a piece or two of cardboard around a bagged comic placed in an envelope will not protect it no matter how many times you write or stamp DO NOT BEND on it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
send it back
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
ouch

refund!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
You can always get a refund. Every time I think. I probably purchased 3 to 400 books on eBay since I started. Asked for 2 refunds I think. Could have asked for 6 or so, but I did not do my own due diligence so ate a few.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladic you may wish to redact your personal info on the envelope
Post 7 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

I asked the moderators to do it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Eat the loss and learn your lesson. Quit buying from people who don't know how to protect what they are shipping.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Get a refund. Teach the seller a lesson in protecting what they ship.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Who did this to you??

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Eat the loss and learn your lesson. Quit buying from people who don't know how to protect what they are shipping.

How are you supposed to know their shipping habits unless you have forewarning? I've gotten bad packages, even from those who have 100% feedback.

I didnt see the package, but if you feel they didn't ship as advertised Force a return and tell others to avoid.
Post 12 IP   flag post
So I paid $41 + $4 shipping for this item. After request of refund, seller replied if it is ok to refund $15 and I can keep the comic, is that fair?
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
So I paid $41 + $4 shipping for this item. After request of refund, seller replied if it is ok to refund $15 and I can keep the comic, is that fair?

Will you be satisfied with that comic in that condition? For about $30 you can buy another raw copy in around 6.0 to 7.0 condition.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:

Will you be satisfied with that comic in that condition? For about $30 you can buy another raw copy in around 6.0 to 7.0 condition.

which grade would you say this on is at with those damages?
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:

I dont understand why most folks on message boards are so secretive about who they are. Facebook has most of the comic conversations nowadays and that is wiiiide open. What’s the difference?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I never ask (or give) a partial refund - don't believe in it. I get what I paid for, or I get my money back - all of it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I'd return it. I did this to 2 comics I was not happy with condition. Do it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
thanks I have contacted seller again asking for full refund, waiting for reply.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
What else was the book wrapped in? Still looks like it could be a 9.0 but hard to tell from the photos.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
What else was the book wrapped in? Still looks like it could be a 9.0 but hard to tell from the photos.

A yellow mailer (not paded) and 1 thin piece of cardboard.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I just returned a comic earlier this month, same situation as listed here...eBay seller sent comic in a flimsy mailer with a couple pieces of cardboard. This manner of packaging is absurd but still persists!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
I was looking at a listing on ebay for an early X-Men comic this morning. Even though the seller is asking over $200 for this raw comic, he is only charging $3.75 for shipping. Based on his own description, here’s how he packages his books:
“Mailed, bagged, and boarded in bubble envelope with cardboard protection.”
Guess what? I won’t be purchasing any comics from this seller unless I can pick them up in person.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

How are you supposed to know their shipping habits unless you have forewarning? I've gotten bad packages, even from those who have 100% feedback.

I didnt see the package, but if you feel they didn't ship as advertised Force a return and tell others to avoid.

I quit buying online. I do trust certain companies because I've seen how they package. I still got tired of receiving things that aren't packaged well. I have to gather documentation for freight claims, so I'm pretty familiar with how to spot inadequate packaging. I'm dealing with $300,000 or more of damaged product at work where the carrier has denied freight claims and no one wants the scrap costs to hit their cost center. It's been piling up for 2 years.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Quote:

I dont understand why most folks on message boards are so secretive about who they are. Facebook has most of the comic conversations nowadays and that is wiiiide open. What’s the difference?

Why? Because I know of two collectors that simply disagreed about something on a message board and one started calling the neighbor of the other guy to stir up trouble for him.
I conversed with a guy online who had to deal with a hostile person that kept calling his boss trying to get him fired. The individual showed up at the house of someone he knew thinking they'd figured out who he was. They were going to confront him at his door step, but they got the wrong person and wrong house.

Identity theft. Harassment. Stalking. I can think of a lot of reasons. Some people have fragile egos. Some have agendas that don't fall into alignment with anything you'd imagine. Your personal info should be dispensed on a need-to-know basis.
Post 25 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why? Because I know of two collectors that simply disagreed about something on a message board and one started calling the neighbor of the other guy to stir up trouble for him.
I conversed with a guy online who had to deal with a hostile person that kept calling his boss trying to get him fired. The individual showed up at the house of someone he knew thinking they'd figured out who he was. They were going to confront him at his door step, but they got the wrong person and wrong house.

Identity theft. Harassment. Stalking. I can think of a lot of reasons. Some people have fragile egos. Some have agendas that don't fall into alignment with anything you'd imagine. Your personal info should be dispensed on a need-to-know basis.

bingo!!!!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That's not acceptable. What did the description say about packaging?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:

That's not acceptable. What did the description say about packaging?

doesn't say anything, he charged $4 for shipping, but the package had a price of $3.50
Post 28 IP   flag post
Likely sent first class...and I was just making the point that media mail is a better option as you can send a comic in a robust mailer for under $3 as opposed to being compelled to put the bare minimum (comic in bubble mailer with one piece of thin cardboard) and getting charged $4.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Burglars read internet. Showing your home address and letting the world know you have comics at home is just an invitation waiting to happen.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601455 45 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?