Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

Verification color change?6883

Collector kevinlmillard private msg quote post Address this user
I had heard a couple months ago that the red verification would be changing color soon. Is there any legitimacy to this? I have a couple books that I want to bring in but have been waiting until a color change because I hate the red labels.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
That would be great. Its almost harder to sell a red than a green these days, and that just aint right!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
The red screams verboten!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
The red screams verboten!

Perfectly stated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Since yellow is the witnessed signature label color, how about gold?

Verification of older signatures is a premium level tier, so that would seem to be a logical choice.
Post 5 IP   flag post
From what I heard it would be green. The red just screams don't buy me!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I say switch the red to orange

It's not yellow which is a verified, but not as nefarious as red
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlmillard
From what I heard it would be green. The red just screams don't buy me!

That would be worse. Green equals fake grade in CGC world. Would be kinda pushing the wrong message there lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
They could go to plaid.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
They could go to plaid.

That would implee a wee thriftier grade, laddy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Rainbow 🌈
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Rainbow 🌈

LOL
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
As I read through this and I think hard about it, I believe there is truth to the color of a label signifantly impacting the value of a slab. What I can't determine if it's understandable or flat out pathetic.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
As I read through this and I think hard about it, I believe there is truth to the color of a label signifantly impacting the value of a slab. What I can't determine if it's understandable or flat out pathetic.

It's undesirable.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:

It's undesirable.

I suppose that's true. Dunno what the general populace thinks in total. On one hand I feel I'm buying the service of the grade and verification of signatures and who really would care about a label color. On the other hand it's sort of like buying a new car. Someone will pay 20k for a black Honda but wouldn't dare put out 17k for the exact same car in red. Ahhh... vanity at its finest
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It's undesirable.

I suppose that's true. Dunno what the general populace thinks in total. On one hand I feel I'm buying the service of the grade and verification of signatures and who really would care about a label color. On the other hand it's sort of like buying a new car. Someone will pay 20k for a black Honda but wouldn't dare put out 17k for the exact same car in red. Ahhh... vanity at its finest

Yep, you nailed it!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The red just looks so stand off to me. I see the red and it looks bad to me.
It's undesirable.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
I like the red label, but red has always been my favorite color. But I do see how it could detract being a very bold color though.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
I'll happily buy red labels at lower cost. No problem.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
I'll happily buy red labels at lower cost. No problem.

Me too. Once cracked, I can't see the label color at all.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Initially I read the title as "Vilification Color Change"

I got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too excited. FYI
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Initially I read the title as "Vilification Color Change"

I got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too excited. FYI
I was told by a rep a couple months back that it would be happening, but I don't know if he was full of it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
What about shiny silver or shiny bronze?
Post 23 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I like the red. It matches the red foil of my Spider-Man 2099 #1.

I think the best all round solution is to make all witnessed and verified sigs in yellow; just read the label if you need the details.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Should be yellow.. The sig is verified, either by witnessing or via analysis..
Post 25 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think they should be the same color. With a verified signature there is always a margin of error of whether or not it is actually authentic. With a witnessed signature, there should be no question as to its authenticity.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I don't think they should be the same color. With a verified signature there is always a margin error of whether or not it is actually authentic. With a witnessed signature, there should be no question as to its authenticity.

That margin of error is very, very slim, but the fact that they aren't exactly the same is why I was thinking Gold. It's close enough to the current witness signature color, but a slight differentiation reflecting a costlier tier achieving the same result.

I'm sure other ideas would work just as well, for instance the bronze suggestion isn't bad. I pretty much agree with the consensus that keeping red isn't desirable & green would probably be an epic fail.

PS: I wouldn't bet on all those witnessed signatures being safe. Sacha Baron Cohen is always looking for celebrity targets to spoof.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't realize so many folks didn't like the red labels. I think they're pretty cool myself.
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
The red doesn't bother me, either. However, it is an internationally recognized color that means stop or danger when communicating information visually.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I actually think about whether the red or yellow label will compliment the book asthetically when considering signatures. Red doesn't go with a lot...maybe because red is just a bold statement color. Yellow/blue seems to go with most anything.

I have a detective comics 880 that would look better in a red label than gold, I think. One of the few.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601338 83 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?