Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

‘Black Widow’ movie news6876

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, the movie will be helmed by indie Australian Director Cate Shortland. Since I’ve seen literally none of her films, I have no input on the selection, but I’m glad to hear progress is being made in the production.

Other than that, it seems the movie will be set before the first Avengers, which makes sense. They’ve only scratched to surface of her origin in the movies thus far.

If any more Black Widow movie news surfaces, fell free to add it to this thread.

Edit: I forgot to post a link to the source:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/07/12/black-widow-movie-mcu-prequel-timeline-setting/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=180712_174814_Comicbook.com%20Daily%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
I’m sure this movie will do ok because it’s marvel, but I think if any marvel movie has a chance to bomb, its this one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Marvel’s degree of success will set the bar for the Black Widow movie. If they give us an espionage thriller in the vein of the Captain America movies, Black Widow will do just fine.

It’s no stretch to say this is the movie I’ve been waiting for since day one of the MCU.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I've been waiting for a Black Widow movie for 10 years now lol
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I’d still love to see a Black Widow Netflix series, even if they have to use Yelena (actually, I might prefer it if they did), with a bunch of globe/hopping espionage action (not unlike a Jason Bourne adventure)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Captain Marvel’s degree of success will set the bar for the Black Widow movie. If they give us an espionage thriller in the vein of the Captain America movies, Black Widow will do just fine.

It’s no stretch to say this is the movie I’ve been waiting for since day one of the MCU.

Truth is, I'm more excited about the Black Widow movie than Captain Marvel at this point. At least Black Widow is based on an original Marvel concept, not a character that has been reinvented an infinite number of times under multiple publishers. When it comes to Captain Marvel, which version are we talking about? Is it Captain Marvel 3.0, 4.0 or something altogether different? There are just too many versions in the D.C. & Marvel universes to please the character's fans.

Is he/she based on the classic Fawcett original character? ...Or the sad SPLIT! aberration concocted by a small independent publisher to take advantage of a copyright loophole while the Captain Marvel character was in limbo? ...Or Marvel's male space hero of the late 60's with the licensed name? ...Or D.C.'s acquired Fawcett/C.C. Beck line featuring the original character rechristened with the ridiculous SHAZAM! monicker due to Marvel controling the name Captain Marvel?

This character has been bounced around so much over the years that his/her after-egos probably need psychiatric counciling just to keep track of all those split personalities!

Yeah, I know, whichever version of Captain Marvel is selected there's zero possibility of satisfying every fan, but what else is new in comics?
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
We have seen this movie a half a dozen times. Hot chick is raised to be an assassin and goes from bad to good. Blah, blah, blah.

The only thing that may help it, is if Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Iron Man and a couple of other characters familiar to us show up.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Something happened with Black Widow and Hawkeye in Budapest in the past, its been referenced a couple times in the MCU. I could see Hawkeye appearing in the Black Widow movie
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
We have seen this movie a half a dozen times. Hot chick is raised to be an assassin and goes from bad to good. Blah, blah, blah.

The only thing that may help it, is if Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Iron Man and a couple of other characters familiar to us show up.

Totally agree.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Deprnds on if they use the comic origin. Her memory has been manipulated, so, I’m not sure. There’s the death of her husband (Red Guardian) & a lot more to work with.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Since we will have Natasha, maybe Danny DeVito will play Boris?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Since we will have Natasha, maybe Danny DeVito will play Boris?

He never would have crossed my mind as a candidate to play Boris, but I wouldn’t complain if he got the part.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know....im such a fan of comic books and their movies that ill support these films with atleast one viewing. I remember being a kid and loving all these characters so much and wishing to see them in any way I could in theaters or tv. every time I sit in a theatre I feel like a kid again. I want them to make every one they can. I'll watch them all.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Truth is, I'm more excited about the Black Widow movie than Captain Marvel at this point. At least Black Widow is based on an original Marvel concept, not a character that has been reinvented an infinite number of times under multiple publishers. When it comes to Captain Marvel, which version are we talking about? Is it Captain Marvel 3.0, 4.0 or something altogether different? There are just too many versions in the D.C. & Marvel universes to please the character's fans.

Is he/she based on the classic Fawcett original character? ...Or the sad SPLIT! aberration concocted by a small independent publisher to take advantage of a copyright loophole while the Captain Marvel character was in limbo? ...Or Marvel's male space hero of the late 60's with the licensed name? ...Or D.C.'s acquired Fawcett/C.C. Beck line featuring the original character rechristened with the ridiculous SHAZAM! monicker due to Marvel controling the name Captain Marvel?

This character has been bounced around so much over the years that his/her after-egos probably need psychiatric counciling just to keep track of all those split personalities!
Yeah, I know, whichever version of Captain Marvel is selected there's zero possibility of satisfying every fan, but what else is new in comics?

It's the comic book Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers version) but they decided Captain Marvel was a better name than Ms. Marvel.

But I hear what you are saying. Heck, the reason DC used the title Shazam! for their relaunch of the Fawcett Captain Marvel is because of potential legal fights over the name Captain Marvel. And it wasn't just Marvel using Captain Marvel. I believe CC Beck had some degree of ownership of the names and characters as well. It was a fight not worth it. DC hired Beck and they ducked Marvel Comics by titling the book Shazam!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Black Widow is a character - both in the comics and the movies - that seems most at home as part of a team.

That said, there are lots of ways to approach and make an interesting solo Black Widow film. Bring in a young Nick Fury, tell us a bit about her training and time as a Russian operative. And her turning. Explain the Hawkeye back story.

Or skip all that and just do an Atomic Blonde type movie (crazy good movie, terrible title) with just a few snippets of her past.

I think Black Widow has plenty of good potential. Marvel has shown it can (usually) make great movies
Post 16 IP   flag post
598062 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?