Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignatures

Hulk 340 Wiacek Signature?6872

Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
I have two high grade copies of Hulk 340 that I had planned on sending to be graded. There is a local Con next weekend and Bob Wiacek will be there. I'm wondering if having him sign the books would actually decrease the value of the book without Todd's signature. With not knowing if / when Todd may appear at FanExpo Dallas or Dallas Fan Days, could anyone let me know if I would be better off having the books graded with or without Bob Wiacek's signature?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve seen Wiacek’s signature decrease the value. The only ones that really boost a Hulk 340 is McFarlane and Stan Lee *puke*.
Post 2 IP   flag post
That's what my gut was telling me.

Thank You!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
For slabbing you can only get a yellow label in an exclusive signature event in order to get Todd McFarlane.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
I’ve seen Wiacek’s signature decrease the value. The only ones that really boost a Hulk 340 is McFarlane and Stan Lee *puke*.

Wait, Wiacek's signature decreases the value of the book??
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
For slabbing you can only get a yellow label in an exclusive signature event in order to get Todd McFarlane.

Currently, CBCS cannot witness Todd McFarlane's signature for yellow label; he is exclusive to CGC. Only option for Todd is Red label or CGC which can be cracked and regraded by CBCS while maintaining yellow label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
Quote:

Wait, Wiacek's signature decreases the value of the book??

Its not that his signature decreases it, its just that his signature is not that desirable so people aren't seeking out that book with his signature alone nor would they pay more for that over say a blue label in the same exact grade.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If you are ok with a red label, you can get Todd to sign for free. Yellow label from CGC is gonna cost a lot.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
I would recommend Red labels for artists and creators who are no longer with us, if you want to get books signed at shows, go straight with yellow labels for maintaining value. With the increased costs of paying for higher profile signatures, there isn't much meat on the bone as a business model.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Don't forget Lou Ferrigno.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranthamJ
I have two high grade copies of Hulk 340 that I had planned on sending to be graded. There is a local Con next weekend and Bob Wiacek will be there. I'm wondering if having him sign the books would actually decrease the value of the book without Todd's signature. With not knowing if / when Todd may appear at FanExpo Dallas or Dallas Fan Days, could anyone let me know if I would be better off having the books graded with or without Bob Wiacek's signature?

Better off how? Financially?

As a general rule: Don't let people scribble on your high grade comic books. Have them scribble on your low grade comic books. It is the same signature, but is not harming a highly collectable comic.

When I go to Ebay looking for this book or that book. There are so many signed books that I will not buy. Unscribbled on books seem rarer and rarer.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
As a general rule: Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your own property. If you want a signature on a book, get it. If you're thinking about adding a signature for the purpose of selling that book, then take a little time and do some research on how signed vs. unsigned may affect the price.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
I also require that signature.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
You're referring to the North Texas Comic Book Show, right? I'll be at that one also and I plan on getting 2 books signed by Wiacek! Do what makes you happy, man!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
As a general rule: Don't let anyone tell you what to do with your own property. If you want a signature on a book, get it. If you're thinking about adding a signature for the purpose of selling that book, then take a little time and do some research on how signed vs. unsigned may affect the price.

I was considering selling one and keeping one. I did check to see if I could find sold copies, with only his signature, on EBay. I found none, I took that to mean there isn’t much demand without Todd also signing. I figured people here would know more about it than I do.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@TranthamJ here is the data to prove the point. 1st screen shot shows 9.8 unsigned VS. 9.8 wiacek signed. They sell for the same price on average!

2nd screen shot shows a Todd signature sells for about $200 more than unsigned

Unless you are a huge Wiacek fan, you are wasting your time.

Post 15 IP   flag post
600444 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?