Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

RoboCop Reboot (Again)6864

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, it appears another RoboCop film is on the way. The script is a reworking of a project that was intended as an installment in the original series.

Looks like they’re going with the darker tone of the original.

This one will be Directed by Blomkamp. I’d be more interested in his sequel to Aliens. Sigourney Weaver Was so enthusiastic about what he had in mind for that. Oh well, this could be interesting.

http://comicbook.com/movies/2018/07/11/new-robocop-movie-neill-blomkamp/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Why did the Alien deal fall through? He was posting like crazy about that for a while, concept art and all kinds of cool ish
Post 2 IP   flag post
First it got moved back due to fear it would cause confusion with Alien: Covenant, since Blomkamp’s project is a direct sequel to Aliens (1986), ignoring (or at least taking place before) Alien 3.

Now with the Fox/Disney deal, it may be lost in the shuffle.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@00slim That blows, he was definitely excited to being new energy to the franchise.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Agreed.

Maybe we’ll see movement on it once Ridley Scott finishes his prequel trilogy.

Disney isn’t going to let the franchise die, maybe they’ll give him the green light once the dust settles around the buyout.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Blomkamp should be able to do a decent job with RoboCop...Hoping if they're following it as a direct sequel then we'll get the original style clunky suit and not the reboot version.

I was really hyped for his take on Aliens...Ridley Scott...I appreciate him as a Director, but wasn't a huge fan of the latest entries he did...I understand Blomkamp only had some concept art done up and a story, but man....it looked like a movie the fans would have wanted from the images.

Anyone else looking forward to the Predator flick coming out later this Summer?
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Paulbg2000 I'm willing to go into the new Predator film with no expectations and see how it works me over.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
booooooooooooooo Blompkoff would ruin it anyway
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I'm in for RoboCop and Predator
Post 9 IP   flag post
But what I really want is a Dredd sequel (Other than the Mega City One show)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Dredd was surprisingly good.

Didn’t they do a comic book sequel?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ah, Mega City was the name?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not sure to be honest, but I do know the did a prequel comic based on Ma-Ma
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
Reminds me of when I met peter weller. Aka The original and GOOD robocop. He was cool. We talked for like 40 minutes or so about Cuba, which is where my father is from. Really cool guy as for the reboot don't even. I don't care enough to even watch.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Glad to hear Weller is nice in person. He also did a great job voicing Batman in the awesome two part animated adaptation of ‘Dark Knight Returns’.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Peter Weller is legend.
Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll check out the new Predator flick but not too excited for this Robocop reboot. Like @Aliens said, Peter Weller will always be the original & best Robocop there is (imo)! But who knows? It could rival the original & not that remake dreck; only time will tell.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Would love to see Peter Weller in a cameo as some old SOB boss that gets skewered or blown to bits.

"I will F U up!"

Post 19 IP   flag post
“I’d buy that for a dollar”!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 21 IP   flag post
I mean, at the very least, he could play that part.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Would love to see Peter Weller in a cameo as some old SOB boss that gets skewered or blown to bits.

"I will F U up!"

Play Clarence Buttlicker.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Either one of those two would be great, or switch it up and have him play sergeant Reed, Dick Jones or “the old man” himself!
Post 24 IP   flag post
600851 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?