Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureQuestionsSignatures

She-Ra first comic appearance6858

Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
Trying to figure out what her first appearance is I have a chance to meet Melendy Britt who voiced her if I can find her first appearance I'd like to get it signed for my niece thanks in advance for any and all help
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty sure its; He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Vol 2 #18
Post 2 IP   flag post
@GAC that's the info I found some where's on the net but what I don't understand is there's books that came out before that one
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@ONLINE_209 correct...scratch that...read this:

DC Comics presents #47 is considered to be the first appearance of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in comics. It has long been a key book that commands substantial prices in high grade. Strangely, his famous twin sister Adora has not received such prestige. There is currently no official “first appearance of She-Ra” recognized by CBCS or CGC. Some characters have an obvious first introductory appearance. Some have last page, shadowy cameos or a preview that fans argue over endlessly. The precedent for a “true first appearance” is not black and white. The market tends to pick the winner not by technical means, but by popularity. This can be can be any number of circumstances including; rarest early appearance, best cover appearance or first in standard american comic format. Depending on your personal definition, She-Ra may be one of the more complicated first appearances I have come across.

The Princess of Power action figure line was introduced early in 1985. Like MOTU, every figure came with a mini comic. This is the first She-Ra in comic form, dated 1984. Of course the He-man figure also came with these books and the market does not recognize this as his first appearance. The figures were distributed in many countries. Here is a selection of her first mini comics from the U.S, Brazil and Italy.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/05/03/princess-power-comics/
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll keep looking...stay tuned.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@GAC thanks for the info you found a lot more information then I was able to 👍
Post 6 IP   flag post
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/she-ra/4005-46389/
Post 7 IP   flag post
my pleasure...She-ra is proving difficult for a definitive 1st appearance.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@GAC maybe I'll try to find the #18 as that is a nice cover
Post 9 IP   flag post
http://www.he-man.org/publishing/section.php?id=52

this is a list of comics in chronological order. it includes mini comics as well. might be the best we can do. her 1st appearance is not widely known that's for sure.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@GAC he man.Org is pretty awesome
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
First Appearance
Princess of Power: Disappearing Treasures #1

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Scorpion @ONLINE_209 There you go!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
That's a mini comic that was packaged with Castaspella and Glimmer figures...

You can see it in the packaging on this auction...
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mattel-1984-Vintage-Princess-of-Power-Castaspella-She-Ra-Action-Figure-MOTU/332686742387?hash=item4d75acd373:g:~mUAAOSwsEhbIusl
Post 14 IP   flag post
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help I really truly appreciate it @Paulbg2000 @GAC @Scorpion
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

This is her first appearance.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Whats the deal with #14 then?
Post 17 IP   flag post
To be honest I always thought it was one of the mini comic books
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
I assumed it was as well @ONLINE_209
Post 19 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Issues #13-#17 are the " origin retelling " of She-Ra. (Whatever that means)

#18 is the official breakout appearance of She-Ra.

Mini comic 1st appearance? Do we really want to see another 200 word page report on whether or not this is her first appearance? Do we really want another Good Morty situation? Because that's how you get another Good Morty Situation.

I know, right? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Post 20 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Let the report commence.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector chaos136925 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector chaos136925 private msg quote post Address this user
I like to think this is her first appearance. I just can’t count the mini comics that came with the figures no more than I could count “Almost got im” for Harley Quinn’s first appearance.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

This is her first appearance.

She-ra the character was introduced sometime in the mid 80s. I can't imagine this 2014 book is her 1st appearance. That's almost 30 years to make it to comic book form. Seems strange.
Post 24 IP   flag post
600860 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?