Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

From "The Trouble with Tribbles."

I recently bought the Blu Ray box set of the original series, and have been watching them in order, but had to watch that one first.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Do you like the new CGI effects or prefer the original?
Post 152 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick_Pontoon

Don't tell me they Lucused up Star Trek?
Post 153 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:

Don't tell me they Lucused up Star Trek?
I think it adds to it. Where they could they inserted better planet shots and cleaned up the special effects where they could. And yes there are still people running around in rubber suits and such so they didn't destroy any of the characters it's more all the peripheral stuff
Post 154 IP   flag post
Oh and it's clear as heck
Post 155 IP   flag post

Cool
Post 156 IP   flag post
I'm not sure about the new effects, but I'm glad you get the option of original vs. new.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Yup, I like the new effects, and as JWKyle pointed out .. Oh! the clarity
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Having grown up with the originals, I of course prefer them to the episodes with the new effects
Post 159 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:

Having grown up with the originals, I of course prefer them to the episodes with the new effects

Same here, you can't beat the classic Star Trek.

Although I do enjoy the colorized version of "War Of The Worlds" over the original bw. Some things can use a little improvement.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
It's interesting to me. My son is only 21 yet he appreciates the art of moviemaking to the extent that he prefers live action ( as do I), over CGI wherever possible. If its the only way to shoot a scene, we're okay with it. We both love Avitar and look forward to the sequels. But appreciate what it took to make movies without CGI.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Quote:

Although I do enjoy the colorized version of "War Of The Worlds" over the original bw. Some things can use a little improvement.

I'm more annoyed that the classic Star Trek episodes you see on TV are edited. Some scenes are chopped out. I see the same thing when I watch Next Gen on BBC America. Some of the edits are quite wrenching. I guess I'll have to invest in the DVDs one day.
Post 162 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm more annoyed that the classic Star Trek episodes you see on TV are edited. Some scenes are chopped out. I see the same thing when I watch Next Gen on BBC America. Some of the edits are quite wrenching. I guess I'll have to invest in the DVDs one day.

Most definitely get the DVDs. Up until a couple years ago, I hadn't seen an original Star Trek episode in probably over 3 decades. I was in Fry's Electronics (Arlington TX) and found a Star Trek box set consisting of all 3 seasons. I wore out the DVD player on my computer,... I mean the motor was grinding. LOL
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Post 164 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
24 hours to go.
We're down to minutes...

Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Stormnut private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
24 hours to go.
We're down to minutes...

Nice
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
24 hours to go.
We're down to minutes...

You interrupt a serious Star Trek discussion just for a count down to our new Message Board?....

COOL!
Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you watched it on a B/W TV set as a lad? War of the Worlds is a glorious Technicolor film and always has been except for the opening newsreel montage.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd invest in the Blu-rays. They'll look much, much better.

If you're watching them on METV, I assume you've noticed they broadcast the versions with the new CGI. I enjoy them; when those scenes come up they're like a version from a dream (notably when on a planet) where things aren't quite right, since the originals are permanently imprinted on my brain.
Post 169 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts That clock is broken, except 2 times a day, much like this forum. :rimshot:
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you're watching them on METV, I assume you've noticed they broadcast the versions with the new CGI. I enjoy them; when those scenes come up they're like a version from a dream (notably when on a planet) where things aren't quite right, since the originals are permanently imprinted on my brain.

Yeah, I miss that shot of looking at a planet through the view screen as if you are in the captain's seat and it being that awesome orange color lol
I do have almost all of the originals on VHS that I taped off TV many years ago.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
24 hours to go.
We're down to minutes...

I love the countdown clock. A very low tech appearance in this hi tech world.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I miss that shot of looking at a planet through the view screen as if you are in the captain's seat and it being that awesome orange color lol
I do have almost all of the originals on VHS that I taped off TV many years ago.

It’s also streaming on both Netflix and Amazon, IIRC. I watched Arena with my son a few months ago. He was curious about Star Trek, as that’s one of the more kid friendly epsiodes with more action than usual plus a cool monster. When I was really young, there was always too much talking on ST.
Post 173 IP   flag post
They do look amazing on Blu Ray! Sometimes a little too clear. In the episode "Charlie X" Kirk's workout clothes are so tight you can tell Shatner's Jewish.
Post 174 IP   flag post
That's how I first noticed this watching the remastered episode.

Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle

Which part? The James R. Kirk or the dates?
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle

Which part? The James R. Kirk or the dates?
The R on the tombstone. I never noticed it til watching the remastered. Is there something I'm missing in the dates also?
Post 177 IP   flag post
I couldn't fine anything about the dates. I was wondering if you knew something I didn't.
Post 178 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D84
Quote:

From "The Trouble with Tribbles."

I recently bought the Blu Ray box set of the original series, and have been watching them in order, but had to watch that one first.

Trials and Tibble-lations from DS9 is such a fun follow-up to that episode. I think it's even included as a bonus on the TOS blu ray (along with the animated More Tribbles, More Troubles)

Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a non Star Trek question. Will this amazing thing happen at midnight on 07/15/16, or some time during the day?
Post 180 IP   flag post
597975 292 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?