Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Have you guys seen the new comic from Image coming up? Die,Die,Die #1 from Kirkman.Bloody cover.One thing i thought was strange is they have Hillary on cover as President and not Trump.He is the president now.Is Kirkman being politico?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Very murky waters to tread once you take a political stand as a singer/actor/artist

People in the 1960s didn't care. In 2018 they do because it could tarnish their brand/identity and alienate half their fanbase.

Very risky.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
It's an alternate present/future maybe?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Great imaginary story line, President Hillary! I will get it as the authors could have a feel’d day with that one too. (Sorry Bill) Depends on how they play it, but it has potential. Should know after issue #1.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The only place i know that sales that comic is Forbidden Planet UK.On the cover it shows liquor bottles all around Hillary i guess if it was Trump we would see fried chicken all around.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Image "Thank you" Variant revealed.

Coincidence?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to lots of pantsuits. 😬😬😬
Post 7 IP   flag post
Do we even know that’s Hillary
Post 8 IP   flag post
Info came from Bleeding Cool.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Chris Burnham is a fantastic artist.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Our local store got a bunch of these in for tomorrow, I already have one put aside...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Name of store please?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Do we even know that’s Hillary

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/10/image-comics-robert-kirkman-diediedie/

Not sure how one would assume that's Hillary as president from that pic but bleeding cool seems to think it is. Maybe they know something beyond the info. in the article.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
I read it. Its Hillary. It doesn't really cast her in a positive light.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Have you guys seen the new comic from Image coming up? Die,Die,Die #1 from Kirkman.Bloody cover.One thing i thought was strange is they have Hillary on cover as President and not Trump.He is the president now.Is Kirkman being politico?

When I saw the thread title my first thought was that he died.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Some stores never heard of this comic.I am hoping to get one are two myself.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Any comic store that ordered Oblivion Song #1 should have received as many copies of Die Die Die as they did of their order of Oblivion Song #1...

This was the Letter from Kirkman printed on the back of a poster arriving to retailers....It's a long one.

Hey look! It’s another letter printed on the back of a poster! This is old hat now, right? Has DC done this yet? Should I stop pointing this out? Okay!

To get this out of the way from the jump, I love comics and I really love comic stores. It would be an understatement to say that the direct market changed my life. Your support of THE WALKING DEAD from its earliest of days, as well as my other successes in comics (thanks for getting behind OBLIVION SONG!), have made it possible for me to do cool things like what we’re doing today.

Maybe you’ve already seen it.. maybe this is the first thing you pulled out of the box. But you should have gotten a shipment of a brand new series today, a book called DIE!DIE!DIE! (it’s awesome) by myself, Scott M. Dimple and Chris Burnham! We matched your orders to the recent OBLIVION SONG launch, so that’s how we determined what to send you.

We’ll be doing a targeted media blast today, getting the word out that this book is IN STORES THIS WEEK! Hopefully the excitement of a surprise launch like this will bring people into your stores, and we can all celebrate another successful series launch together.
The reason for all this insanity? Well..

There’s something magical about going into a comic shop. For me, the heyday of this magic was in the early ’90s when I was around 13 years old. Back then… you didn’t know what was coming out months in advance. There were ads in comics, sure… but when you walked into a comic shop and looked at the new comic rack, it was full of something that I think modern comics is very much lacking… SURPRISE.

I remember walking across the store, seeing the new rack from afar., scanning the covers, trying to figure out what they could be as I got closer and closer. Back then you could arrive at a store and say, “What the heck is Sleepwalker?” and it was just there, on the shelf waiting for you to find out. I remember when I first saw the cover for Infinity Gauntlet. what the heck could that be? All the Marvel heroes in one comic? That’s special–it’s not like they did that twice a year back then! As time went on and the Internet started feeding us more and more information than we could ever want about every little thing in existence… those surprises pretty much faded away.

I want to bring that excitement back. I want the comic shop, the place you’re probably standing in to be a place of discovery again! I want it to be a place where a customer can come in and find out about something new and exciting!

Huge thanks to the teams at Image and Skybound for working tirelessly to figure out a way to make this happen. But most of all to you, dear comic book retailer, for working in the trenches to keep bringing us this art form we love to enjoy week in and week out!

Thank you for your time, and once again—always, in fact—thank you for your support.

-Robert Kirkman
Post 17 IP   flag post
What do you think of Oblivion Soung.I was thinking of purchace one.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme - Oblivion Song is a good read.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
It's been confirmed that there are 10 different covers of this each with different word bubbles (and one with out any).
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
The mentions of ultra-violence reminds me of Clockwork Orange. Kirkman doesn't really strike me as the kind of guy who thinks about politics much so I doubt it will be very pointedly political.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentstrider
It's been confirmed that there are 10 different covers of this each with different word bubbles (and one with out any).

11 if you count the one coming out as a one per store next week.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Seems nothing different besides a few words on the closed captions.Very bloody cover.I like.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Ok, so I went a little nuts with the slight variants...my local CBS didn't know much about the book and didn't realize the covers were different...just put everything out as regular issue. I was able to snag 9 of the different covers...I seemed to be the only person in line who knew about this book.

Post 24 IP   flag post
The words is the only thing different.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Jetpack Comics told me the following: They are all evenly allocated and distributed. Nothing special.

The print run is the same as Oblivion Song #1. FYI
Post 26 IP   flag post
I just got 8 out of 10 just for the fun and a Oblivion Song #1.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Yeah, it's a large print run, but I figure dividing it by the 10 different covers through the print run it at least splits the numbers down of each copy...and I'm sure people buying it are going to be buying in numbers to collect the covers.

My train of thought (and I could certainly be out in left field) is that it was worth the small price gamble since Scott Gimple is now moving to Chief Content Officer of Walking Dead at AMC, working with Kirkman again on this series assuming it'll get developed into a show run once the writers end Walking Dead in a few years. Typical TV mindset, start working on your next series to start when the current one ends...

That all being said, I really enjoyed the first issue of Die! Die! Die! and I can see how it could easily be adapted for television...
Post 28 IP   flag post
I notice 1 out 10 Hillary speaks?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn’t going to pick this up but my store was giving them out for free. It was an okay read.
Post 30 IP   flag post
602399 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?