Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Jim Starlin Authentic Signature w/ CBCS6839

Collector czarnickolas private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone (either as a collector or a witness at a convention) have (recent) experience conducting an authorized signature witnessing with Jim Starlin? I know he has publicly severed his ties with another grading company, but I wasn't clear on his relationship with CBCS. I have a few books I wanted to get signed at SDCC, but would prefer ASP over VSP if possible. Thanks all!

EDIT: Thanks for all the great input. Warms my heart to hear the great stories about one of my favorite creators.

Note, though - it looks like Mr. Starlin will not be at SDCC. I misread a post he made where he requests that someone pick up these Infinity Gauntlet Pin Mates for him if they're at SDCC.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector chameleoncolors private msg quote post Address this user
Jim said he will no longer be signing for cgc but is a ok with doing witnessed sigs with cbcs or PGX
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens
Jim said he will no longer be signing for cgc but is a ok with doing witnessed sigs with cbcs or PGX

Great - thank you!
Post 3 IP   flag post
My pleasure
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
At another board, they said that he is still doing cgc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
Had Jim sign some books recently and we talked for about 15 minutes. Told him I was a witness with CBCS and he had no problems signing what I gave him. A great experience
Post 6 IP   flag post

From his facebook account
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Just had him sign a CGC SS two weeks ago.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck really, I guess he is doing cgc again, cool
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone.

Do any of you have a sense of what his typical witnessed signature fee is? He mentioned one in the FB post @Aliens shared, and I want to make sure I'm carrying enough money. I assume it's in the $10-20 range?
Post 10 IP   flag post
No idea in witnessed sigs I know he used to sign for free on raw books don't know if he still does it that way
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I had books signed by starlin by Trinity a CBCS facilitator
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, this is the first time posting on the site. I have been reading all the great information this site gives and decided now was a good time to give some back.

I attended the Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con last week, where Jim Starlin was the headliner. Mr. Starlin had a sign on his table that stated: signatures $5 and half of this fee would go to the Hero Initiative. $20 for any witnessed signatures, no matter the company. Mr. Starlin represented all companies on his sign.

Jim Starlin was one of the coolest people to meet and I watched how he interacted with his fans. People wanted pictures with him, wanted Mr. Starlin to pose with their Infinity Gauntlet actually on his hand and he signed anything anyone wanted signed.

I did not know Mr. Starlin was attending SDCC this year, do you know what booth number he will be at?

I hope this information is helpful.
Post 13 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
i can re-affirm that jim is doing cgc again because he signed my iron man 55 and cgc authenticated his signature back in feb.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Jim signed my Iron Man #55 for $5 and then took a picture with me holding the book back in February. He’s one of the coolest, nicest guys you’ll ever meet. I had heard he’s doing signatures for all companies now.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
I am having Mr Starling sign the following comics soon:

Infinity Gauntlet 1-6
Thanos Quest 1-2
Death of Capt Marvel (not sure which print)
Batman Death in the Family (the 4 issues)

Are any of those worth slabbing?
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Ladic IMO Infinity Gauntlet #1 and both Thanos Quests (if they are first printings) are must slabs (if you're into slabbing your books, of course). One could make the case that the other IGs are worth slabbing, but I feel that depends on their condition. That said, once they have Jim Starlin's autographs on them, having them slabbed with an ASP label would be a nice touch, and how I would likely do it were these my books.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckets
I did not know Mr. Starlin was attending SDCC this year, do you know what booth number he will be at?

Ah - it looks like I was wrong about his being at SDCC based on this FB post from him:

I misread this as he would be there, and was asking if someone could pick up one of those sets for him while he was anchored to his table. What this actually looks like is that he will definitely not be there.
Post 18 IP   flag post
600879 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?