Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

Amazing Spider-Man 15 Variant Covers680

Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know where, (besides EBay scalpers),to find the J. Scott Campbell and Alex Ross variants for ASM 15? They are stunning!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
The Alex Ross cover is the normal cover, so you can find that anywhere. The J. Scott Campbell one was exclusive to his store and is sold out, so only place to get it now is ebay.

I would suggest signing up for his newsletter to get notifications on his projects.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1537247

https://jscottcampbell.com/collections/jsc-exclusive-covers
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks! I appreciate it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Abrowncoat private msg quote post Address this user
"Limited Quantities" of the J. Scott Campbell one will be available at SDCC.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrowncoat
"Limited Quantities" of the J. Scott Campbell one will be available at SDCC.

Wow, just one? That pretty limited.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
It really bums me out that I missed the window and scalpers snagged these first. The prices on EBay for them are just ridiculous.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I have to ask this because I never understood it but, why is J Scott Campbell the hotness of the last 2 years or so? Does he have dome slow burn disease where all his books will be super valuable? I noticed that his variant covers were going for ridiculous amounts. I started to notice it with Star Wars then with Spider-Man.
Post 7 IP   flag post
People like his art. There are very few covers of his I don't like.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I don't buy new books but I went to see what all the commotion was about and I like the Alex Ross cover the best

Post 9 IP   flag post
I've got all 3 ordered. I'm glad I got a set of the Campbell variants before they sold out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
What store has that Alex Ross cover?
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, check the start of this thread. Guy says it's the normal cover and Midtown has them. There is a guy on Selling them for $5.00 each. Might be a good book to slab-n-sell? Guys name is "Setzermason" (on EBay)
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Muggyman84 private msg quote post Address this user
The alex ross is the standard cover should be at your lcs and showing up all over ebay also there is another cover the "death of x" i picked up at my lcs today idk if its suppose to be a ratio variant or a 1 to 1
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
Dude, this cover is off the hook! I just got lucky enough to pick up the last one at Up Up and Away (the comic store I shop at)! Who cares about the variant, that Ross cover is enough to cradle me asleep at night lol.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Looks like the Midtown one got sold out, so the A cover might go quickly if you don't have many lcs in your area.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Yeah, that Ross cover is beautiful. I pre-order all my new regular cover books from TFAW. Apparently this book sold out on their pre-orders awhile ago which is why it flew under my radar as it didn't show up when I did my usual browse of what is releasing in the next week. I just grabbed a copy off eBay $8 free shipping.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
TFAW?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Things From Another World

http://www.tfaw.com/?utm_source=AdWords&utm_campaign=TFAW&adgroup=TFAW&ad=FD&gclid=CjwKEAjw2PK7BRDPz5nDh9GjoGcSJAAybcS3XE8OMAGuyAnyDCkWKd54S6YJp-23dMP7eaPDk9Wk-xoCoJXw_wcB
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector SleepyZ private msg quote post Address this user
J. Scott Campbell: The poor man's Michael Turner.
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I wander what the second printings going to look like
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'm a Poor Man because I keep buying all these dang variant covers. I'm going to actually have to cut ✂ myself off from eBay for the rest of the month so I can build up some slabbing cash.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Have the Turner covers shipped yet? They were supposed to start on the 6th right? Anyone gotten an e-mail?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Have the Turner covers shipped yet? They were supposed to start on the 6th right? Anyone gotten an e-mail?

They arrived at Aspen from the printer yesterday, they posted a picture of the first box being opened.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome. Thanks!
Post 24 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got mine at Hastings.com just now. Love the Alex Ross
Post 25 IP   flag post
I've got 3 sets of the J Scott Campbell sketch/color autograph variant covers coming. They'll be going straight to CBCS for grading and encapsulation. By the time I get them back, I should have a good idea what they'll sell for on EBay. I'll keep 1 set for myself and sell the other two. I have to do stuff like this to pay for the ever increasing cost of the older books I collect.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
I've got 3 sets of the J Scott Campbell sketch/color autograph variant covers coming. They'll be going straight to CBCS for grading and encapsulation. By the time I get them back, I should have a good idea what they'll sell for on EBay. I'll keep 1 set for myself and sell the other two. I have to do stuff like this to pay for the ever increasing cost of the older books I collect.

I call dibs.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, one set has your name on it Darth. As I've so wonderfully been reminded, right now, you know it'll be about 3 months from the time CBCS gets them until I see them. We'll figure out a fair price for them then. But it will be less than they go for on EBay at that time.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I only got a set of the autographed ones. I didn't think they'd sell out that quickly. I only got them because I love his work and MJ in the Iron Jane outfit is pretty awesome. Mine will also be going to cbcs, but I won't be selling them. I considered selling the B&W until I looked closer at the cover. It's got additional artwork in the background that makes it really unique.
Post 29 IP   flag post
With the Iron Jane costume, once again, we're reminded just how much Tony Stark permeates the MCU. Kind of the thread that runs through all of it.
Post 30 IP   flag post
598060 47 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?