Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureQuestions

Bulk Shipping Help6798

Collector stanley1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all. I'm in a bit of a conundrum and looking for some options. Long story short, some of my collection and I are apart. Now one option is driving and picking it up, but that's rather far and expensive. Is there a trustworthy method to have say a long box or two shipped? I'm not sure how i would package it, nor whom I should trust, UPS, USPS, Fedex....?

Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a good way to do it, or am I SOL, and have to wait until i cant transport it myself? I'm deathly scared of how the courier would handle it, even with all the fragile marking in the world.

Opinions and insight would greatly be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Box in a box and use bus service (Greyhound??)
I've used them in the past for large car parts so risk of damage was minimal but the box had no markings/blemishes on it and shipping was relatively cheap - just takes a week or two
Post 2 IP   flag post
I've never know about bus shipping! this is definitely something to look into!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
How valuable is the collection?
What condition is it in?

I'd be reluctant to ship a long box without making very sure that the books were protected.
If the collection is with someone you trust, can you have them ship a priority box at at time?
Post 4 IP   flag post
its nothing too crazy but its nice books, not drek thats for sure. Piecemeal-ing it out like that would be possible, but too time consuming and the price would be much higher obviously. I really dont know what to do
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I would wait until you can transport them yourself
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeWiz
Personally I would wait until you can transport them yourself

Thats my current mindset, unless i find a preferable alternative, hence my post.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597866 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?