Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Ant-man and the Wasp6789

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I had the chance to see Ant-Man and the Wasp on a Tuesday night! It was lots of fun, you’ll like it if you enjoyed the first film.

Let’s keep this thread spoiler free. But has anyone else seen it yet? Any questions about it? There isn’t much spec-wise tbh

Here is a review I posted recently of it

Antman and the Wasp Review

Post 1 IP   flag post
That's weird, can anybody see the embedded video? It's not showing up for me @Jesse_O
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics I tried to fix it, but to no avail. Perhaps it is a temporary glitch in the forum. I'll see if the tech is available, but since it is the 4th, don't hold your breathe.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Alright, no worries! Thanks for trying and Happy 4th!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
If you are talking about the movie review, I could see it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
(snip)

You have the path set as a url link. It should have youtube tags around it.

[edit... something odd is going on]
Post 6 IP   flag post
@X51, I embedded a YouTube with the tags and it wasn’t showing (that’s what the large blank space is) so I made a hyperlink instead
Post 7 IP   flag post
There are more problems, I'm still troubleshooting. The board can't parse the info it needs from the url because of other parameters in the url path.
Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post
I updated the YouTube video url

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
@X51, I embedded a YouTube with the tags and it wasn’t showing (that’s what the large blank space is) so I made a hyperlink instead

Do you have the video set to block external viewing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Quote:

Do you have the video set to block external viewing.

It shouldn’t be but I will check
Post 12 IP   flag post
The "&t=9s" will cause problems. The url is telling youtube to start 9 seconds into the video rather than at the beginning.
Post 13 IP   flag post
http://www.youtube.com/v/cbXQjGphxSs

That simplified link works on my board, but not here.

If I click that link it says "Flash embedded videos are no longer supported."
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
http://www.youtube.com/v/cbXQjGphxSs

That simplified link works on my board, but not here.

If I click that link it says "Flash embedded videos are no longer supported."

I had the same issue yesterday in another thread...could view my embedded posted Youtube vid had to go with the clickable link.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Video link fixed!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Awesome @Jesse_O ! Thank you
Post 17 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics I'm just the message boy!! I'll pass on your thanks to the right guy,
Post 18 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Seeing it tomorrow afternoon!
Post 19 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Saw it last night. A good film for dads, moms, and kids (there are a few four-letter words here and there). Has the same fun vibe as the first one, and although is a stand-alone movie, it ties-in with Avengers/Infinity War.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent movie; highly recommended, especially if you enjoyed the first film. Has plenty of clever lines, well developed characters and great pacing. There are very few moments that drag, IMO.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I also saw it today with my son and daughter. It had a lot of good action scenes and was witty and clever. Like @esaravo says, ties right into Infintiy Wars movie.
Post 22 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Just came back from the film with my 2 boys. Really enjoyed it. Lots of fun. Highly recommended!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Great film. I wasn't sold on Evangeline Lilly after Ant-Man; but yeah, Ant-Man & The Wasp took care of that right quick. Fantastic work; and the script did a much better job w/ her character this time around. Michael Douglas was great (as usual); and the rest of the supporting cast did a wonderful job.

Special praise for Hannah John-Kamen; that was *not* an easy role to play, especially the way they chose to write it. Ready Player One didn't give her much of an opportunity to shine, but I think this was a much stronger performance. I can't wait to see her in more films, but after Ready Player One & Ant-Man & Wasp, I hope she picks up some protagonist work; would be a shame to see her typecast into only female villain roles.

My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that Walton Goggins was somewhat wasted. The guy can do so much more, but was boxed in with a bit role. Unfortunate, but not terminally so.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Walter Goggins is a great actor, but he seems to keep getting these 2-dimensional villain roles - GI Joe, Tomb Raider and now this movie
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
Thoroughly enjoyed it. I still can't believe people leave before the closing credits are done though. We've only been doing this for 10 years now!
Post 26 IP   flag post
I thought it was a fun and well rounded movie. The deal with the "regulator" detracted a little from the plot. I'd rather have seen Antman do what he does. Ghost was a sexy, but not pretty character which made her interesting to watch. Didn't realize Egghead was in the movie even after watching it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Walter Goggins is a great actor, but he seems to keep getting these 2-dimensional villain roles - GI Joe, Tomb Raider and now this movie

Also Hateful Eight.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
btw I haven't seen the movie yet but I've already seen set photos for Avengers 4 and I see teammates are wearing pym tech wrist watches .... So..... welp, thanks, Internet.

could mean too that Captain Marvel doesn't end up saving the day like everyone thinks
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Going to see it in IMAX tomorrow. Looking forward to it. 👍🏼
Post 30 IP   flag post
601508 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?