Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Issue with slab that came back, who do I contact?6778

Collector Nick2181 private msg quote post Address this user
I created this account, because I planned on having some comics graded in the future encase I had some questions to ask, so thank you for the add.

I purchased a comic awhile back from a company that sent them off to get slabbed by CBCS (Action Comics #1000 FELIPE MASSAFERA Ultimate)and just recently received it in the mail. There are some issues with the slab and I was wondering who would I contact? I did email the customerservice at CBCS, that was on June 26th. The company I purchased the comic from said to get in contact with CBCS and see what you could do. Just wondering did I contact the correct email and how long is the average wait for a response?

Thanks in advance
Nick
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector jdennis3 private msg quote post Address this user
Have pictures of the issue? Maybe users on the boards can help.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah here are my pics. The side of it is scuffed and chipped. The other two are some sort of dirt/flake inside of the case, as well as a hair of some sort inside. At first I was like oh ok, that's odd stuff got inside, but then that scuff/chip on the side has been bothering more and more every day.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector jdennis3 private msg quote post Address this user
Ya, figured would be sides of case. This is normally from the molding process of the plastic. Same thing on CGC slabs as well. As for the debris in the case I would contact CBCS about that. Or if it is not in the inner well might be able to pry outer part open a tiny bit and get it to come out. But, only do if comfortable doing so.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the boards. If you haven't heard, CBCS recently moved their operations from FL to TX and it created a bit of a back log. It may take a little bit to get a response from them.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The side actually looks like it was dropped or tried to pry apart. Parts of the plastic is actually chipped away. For the stuff on the inside, I am not comfortable doing anything at all, seeing the nature of this cover. Some said spray a can of air in it... yeah no thanks. That's why I'm just waiting on CBCS response on the email, just thought I would get some insight here. Thanks for the reply.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
The side is fine. That's how it looks. Same with other companies outer holder. It's molded plastic and that is where the "runner" - the point the molten plastic enters the mold - was at. It looks chipped because it essentially is. It comes out of the mold and extra plastic is cut away.

The other two things need a look at. IDK what they are. Customer service is typically very good at taking care of stuff like this. Right now it just may prove a bit hard to get ahold of them. I called 3x today - a few hours apart each time - and got to a person with the final call around 4:00 pm.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
Those are the result of the manufacturing process of the cases. They are a normal part of the case and are quite common. They are not a defect and they do not harm the integrity of the case.

Post 8 IP   flag post
I have never got one like this ever from CGC, so how can it be a normal process? IMO that's not acceptable, but that's just me. Even the company that sent out my comic said it was not right, and to contact them to get an possible replacment.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
@Nick2181 not true.

I have many cases by cgc like this

compared to Scorpion's examples, yours looks amazing

the hair though would bother me
Post 10 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I choose the CBCS rough slab edge over CGC’s newton rings without question. Just my preference.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
@Nick2181 not true.

I have many cases by cgc like this

compared to Scorpion's examples, yours looks amazing

the hair though would bother me

Exactly!! All my slabs have that side/edge thing......don't like the hair tho.
Post 12 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
Those are the result of the manufacturing process of the cases. They are a normal part of the case and are quite common. They are not a defect and they do not harm the integrity of the case.

All my slabs look like this too!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
THats a normal look
Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The issue about the marks is even covered in the posted FAQ thread.

FAQ thread
Post 15 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Also, for the hairs or plastic fibers... try opening the side of the slab with your thumb and index finger and blow a can of compressed air inside of it. It will shake the loose material out of the case. I've done this twice successfully now.
Post 16 IP   flag post
598003 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?