Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Divinica #4 painted interior page from Dawn McTeigue.

Green Arrow #5 interior page bought from Dan Jurgens

Nightwing #3 from Greg Land

Green Arrow New 52 #0, Freddie Williams and Rob Hunter (I think I bought it from Freddie and ran over to get Rob to sign too....or vice versa)
Post 176 IP   flag post
Green Lanterns #3 Rob Hunter

Superman #12 Rob Hunter

Green Lantern #18 Syaf and Irwin

Posted this on "new to collection" but Mark of Kings #3 cover art by Kincaid and Clark

Red Lanterns #36 by Calfiore

Also have, but no pics Teen Titans #13 Ale Garza, and New Superman #24 by Peeples and Santorelli
Post 177 IP   flag post
Dan Mendoza

Tom Raney x2 (2nd was a quick sketch he did when I bought his art book)

Joe Giella

Ale Garza

Mark Texiera (obviously just some remarks)

Also have a color remark on Deadpool #21 Mayhew variant I bought graded from Mike and a Detective comics #713 remark and graded from Bob McLeod (need to take pics)
Post 178 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I nabbed the cover art for Black Hammer: Age of Doom #12.

Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 Those are some nice pieces.
Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I nabbed the cover art for Black Hammer: Age of Doom #12.

I like your frame matting and the art.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@etapi65 Those are some nice pieces.
Thanks, just started doing some original art in the past 4 years. Nothing crazy, nothing key, but it's fun to get some interiors, occasional cover and some original sketches. I love the Giella piece I got from him in particular and I am getting a two character colored original art done from Al Bellman right now, I'm really excited about. Guy is soooo nice.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
This was the only page colored for unpublished Schism crossover by DEFIANT comics. The company shut down before the crossover was published. Recently, a website used this page of art to accompany an article that was written for their site. I smiled and said to myself, "Hey! I own that!"

Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I gave a woman a page of Cavewoman art for her birthday because she liked it. She wanted me to have something to replace it, so she gave me this.
Now I'm hoping they make the sequel to the movie.

Evan Dorkin art.

Post 184 IP   flag post
James Pascoe originals,

Ariel Olivetti from Green Lantern Space Ghost. This was for the interiors and was an overlay he used for the page picture.
Post 185 IP   flag post
More like remarks, but a little more detailed than the typical remarks
The afore mentioned Mike Mayhew

And Bob McLeod

Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I was waiting until I had a good scan to post my HeroesCon haul. Here's my Watchmen jam so far.

Pencil layouts - Matthew Clark(at home)
Silk Specter - Mike Perkins(Oak City Con 2018)
Comedian - Robert Atkins(HeroesCon 2019)
Ozymandias - Darryl Banks(HeroesCon 2019)
Dr Manhattan - Bob McLeod(HeroesCon 2019)

I'm very pleased with it. 4 down and 3 to go!
Post 187 IP   flag post
Black Hammer / Justice League crossover #2 cover art. Michael Walsh did this one. Yoink!

Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I need to get my Kirby Art scanned before SDCC for Tom Kraft at The Kirby Museum, so I'll be doing that at a local print shop. I may as well scan all my other art while I'm there, so soon I'm going to bomb this thread lol.
Until then, I scanned the Vigil page I recently got- looks much better than the photo.

Post 189 IP   flag post
@MR_SigS Can't wait, sounds awesome
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
A couple from earlier this year - hope to get an Arthur Adams this year too (may not have budget $$ left though)

I love Rocketeer! That is awesome!
Post 191 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
These are my latest sketches by Tim Vigil at HeroesCon.

Post 192 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Should arrive in a CBCS slab tomorrow!
Post 193 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
While I was attending Smallville comicon today I was pondering the posting Mr sigs recently made of a Zatanna done for him by Vigil. Despite having a massive collection before today I had no blank sketch cover books.I decided to commission Alfred Trujillo of 183 Degrees studios to do a Zatanna cover for me...I loved his rendition....shown here with the artist and his model...the ever amazing Arizona Powergirl Cara Nicole....

Post 194 IP   flag post
Dustin Nguyen

Post 195 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased a piece of art work from a fella and he stated it was from Dell'otto. Looking at other art things he has done it kinda looks legit. The only bad thing is the sketch is unsigned.

While I really like the piece regardless and I have zero plans on selling it. What are your thoughts about buying a sketch without signature? And does the art look like Dell'otto work to you?

Post 196 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
That's a great looking piece!!

If I like a piece, I'll consider buying it regardless if it is signed or not. I have a piece that was reportedly done by Joe Simon. I even have a COA from the seller, a respectable auction house. I showed it off on facebook and was contacted by Joe Simon's son. He doubted the legitimacy of it. I'm not really shook about it. I like the piece and I try to research it from time to time to see if it was ever published. But the price was right and I'd like to think that I have a piece drawn by him.

Post 197 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. Your piece looks very cool as well. As for the son contacting you, I'm kinda surprised he has so much free time to police his father's works.

Regardless, it is a nice work. The only thing I'm kind of stumped by is the blank spaces??

As for my sketch. Regardless of who drew it, I'm happy with the purchase. None of my current pieces show that type of intensity.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Regardless, it is a nice work. The only thing I'm kind of stumped by is the blank spaces??

This is a page layout for a comic book or a magazine. The entire piece is like 13" x 19". The backing is actually like stiff cardboard. The pieces are done on heavy duty artists paper. It's my understanding that many artists in the 60's and 70's would draw or ink panels on paper, cut them to size and then glue them to the storyboard. It appears that the other pieces were taken off or fell off.

That's part of the problem with identifying it. I have two of presumably 5 panels of a page. Plus, it could be that the other three panels made the magazine/comic and he redrew these two panels. It's near impossible to tell. I've been tempted to mount and frame the larger panel, but I just can't bring myself to do that!!!

I've also thought of getting another artist to ink three panels that would make sense and then finding a way of displaying it without permanently attaching them. I'm thinking like a thin piece of mylar that I attach the new pieces to and place in front of this piece in a frame. For now, it's just sitting in a box in my bedroom and that bugs me. I'd like to display it.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Ok. I thought it looked kinda like a photo scrap book with a glue stick.

Have you thought about using glue dots?
Here is a description.

Features & details

Roll of Removable Dots, 200 Clear Adhesives, perfect for many projects!Works on paper, foam, plastic, metal, glass and more!Removable, Pressure-Sensitive AdhesivesNo fumes, mess or drying time is great for kidsAcid-free, Lignin-free, conforms to ASTM D-4236Removable glue dots are double-sided adhesive dots that are repositionable on a variety of clean dry surfaces including paper plastic metal wood glass and moreGlue dots are mess free remove cleanly and will not damage most surfacesIdeal for crafts school projects scrapbooking decorating and moreBond instantly remove easily and will not leave residue

Glue Dots Removable Adhesive Dot Roll, Contains 200 (.5 Inch) Diameter Dots (08248) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00161UBTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_iOtkDbMESE0X8

My thoughts are similar to yours. You can use the glue dots to put "place holders" such as the recreation of panels or even a blank tile to cover the existing adhesive residue. I copied and pasted the description from my phone so it didnt crossover well but it says The dots are acid free. They are not permanent. And some other terms I wont pretend to know.

Keep in mind. I have never used this before. However it looks like a simple and fairly inexpensive way to make it more presentable.
Post 200 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O

Have you ever tried using Googles reverse image search? I'd do it for you, but my phone is limited.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/1325808?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Post 201 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte and @Jesse_O - It brings you to this:

clickable text
Post 202 IP   flag post
@esaravo

Very interesting. It seems there were more pages originally.

Funny it said the art was from Joe Simon estate.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Bronte and @Jesse_O - It brings you to this:

clickable text

That IS interesting!!! Thanjks for that!!

And @Bronte, I've never heard of nor tied glue dots. But they sound very promising!!! When I get t that point, I may very well go that way!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Post 204 IP   flag post
Thanks @Bronte and @esaravo!!! I figured out that the magazine cover in that lot is from Sick #26!! This is the best lead I've had so far!!! I'll probably get a copy of it next month and see if that art is in it!! Thanks again!!

Post 205 IP   flag post
601333 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?