Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The cover to East of West #33. I collect OA with strong female characters. Nuff said.

Post 126 IP   flag post
The cover art for Green Lantern #50. I Cannot wait to get this framed.

Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Venompool done by Rob Liefeld

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
WIP by Ryan Pasibe. I have the print framed already, but I wanted a B&W pencil & ink, so...#soon.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Say what you want about Liefeld, he McFarlane, and Jim Lee changed the comic book industry.

(no feet were mutalated in the process of this sketch)

Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
I got these done at a local con by local artists in October. They were sent to CGC and I didn’t see me them until they came back.

Post 131 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

This is beautiful
Post 132 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

anybody interested in all or any of these, looking to sell or trade
Post 133 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
A Lobo page by Kieth Giffen from an unused story, shelved because it was too offensive

Post 134 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

This is beautiful

Thanks! Grabbed a copy of the book for a group photo. Just noticed how he worked the 50 into the piece lower right

Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

I don't remember if I posted this. I've had it awhile. After several offers to sketch a cover, things eventually fell in place on the 4th sketchbook. Georges was at the last comic show I attended, but he wasn't setup. He was just attending as a regular person in the crowd. He says he will be setup at the next show in Atlanta.
Post 136 IP   flag post
The Demon (1990) #17 pg 29 splash page by Semeiks/Smith.

Post 137 IP   flag post
O.M.A.C. (2011) #4 pg5 and #7 pg16, Kirby-esque art by Giffen/Koblish.

Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito Chris Stevens?
Post 139 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a couple I just had done by Steven Wilcox..The R & M was done on a sketch cover the Spawn was done on a #285 1/2 sketch cover

Post 140 IP   flag post
@Gotlift that Spawn looks great. I wanted to make use of that half blank cover as well but I was nervous how the inks would take since the cover was on standard paper and not the heavier card stock of blanks.
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t had a mail call in a while. I ordered a commission from Stefano Landini a year or so ago and was so pleased with the work I decided to commission a Daredevil and Spider-Man connecting sketch cover. While working on the covers Stefano received other work and got a little bogged down with the work. He felt so bad he decided to send me a free copy of his Euro variant cover signed by him and made out to me. The sketch covers turned out great and I very much appreciated the free signed book. I recommend anyone to get art from Stefano% stellar guy!

Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got myself a piece of Original Flash art from Manapul

Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector emme_jay private msg quote post Address this user
My only piece of artwork, but it's a good one...to me anyway!

Post 144 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@emme_jay hells yeah!!!!!!
Post 145 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just got this today from an artist friend of mine on facebook. His name is Bryan SilverBax. I'm really liking it!!!

Post 146 IP   flag post
Collector Jklugh private msg quote post Address this user
My Tom King Original. Love how he apologizes for the pic.
Post 147 IP   flag post
This makes me happy Years ago I bought a copy of The Art Of Comic Book Inking Vol 2 because Mike Royer was a contributor so it was an item he could sign (plus it's cool). As you can see from the short video, it's a series of a few drawings of Dark Horse's Ghost, done by different pencilers and inkers. What isn't shown in detail (just a quick glance at the end with NOW IT'S YOUR TURN) are the Blue Line images of each drawing.

I found 3 of the pages for the first series penciled by Brent Anderson- 2 are the Blue Line copies (their's weren't folded) inked by Steve Leialoha and Mike Royer, and the 3rd is the original penciled/inked page by Anderson. All are signed (Anderson twice).

Leialoha / Royer / Anderson

Post 148 IP   flag post
Yay!

Post 149 IP   flag post
A Val Mayerik sketch that I won arrived today. It's just an 8" x 10" pencil sketch, but I like it!! It's of Frankenstein's Monster. Val was the main penciler for "Frankenstein Monster" issues 12-18.

Post 150 IP   flag post

Post 151 IP   flag post
I won another Val Mayerik sketch. This is actually a twofer. There is a sketch on both sides of this paper. I'm trying to think of an unique way to frame it. The signed side is Howard the duck. The flip side has Man-thing. I'm open to ideas on framing!!! LOL!!! It's about 8"x10". I did darken the scans a bit because the scanner really seemed to blow out the pencil. In real life, they are not this dark, but this is closer than the scans were.

Post 152 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O if you go to Michael's art supplies, or any store for art supplies. They carry a holder that's clear plexiglass. We use them for a home show we do to promote our business. They hold a 8x10. Are you getting the sketch's from a guy in la Verne ca? I got this from him, adventures into fest 19, thought it was appropriate
Post 153 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

I was thinking something like this. Obviously not so cheap looking, but the swivel would allow easy viewing of both sides.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/mud-pie-reg-5-inch-x-7-inch-industrial-metal-rotating-frame/5266779?skuId=66714903&&enginename=google&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_homedecor_online&product_id=66714903&adtype=pla&product_channel=online&adpos=1o2&creative=224261976365&device=m&matchtype=&network=s&mrkgadid=3140840057&mrkgcl=609&rkg_id=0&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-8PjBRCWARIsADc18TLhfWOYb4YU2r7xPMxj6R5UrCOOReqzGSYztXf-K3GnFYwltoTDRG8aAtL0EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Post 154 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Yep, that's the guy!!! I actually sent him a question because they don't really say that these pieces are drawn by Val, just signed by him. This was his reply: "Val Mayerik is a friend and used to be part of our company and used to work for us back when we were Pacific Comics. We also sell his personal collection for him online and at shows. These are art pieces by Val himself and signed by Val. He is a wonderful man and we have some great stuff still to go up from him. If you look through our store, you will see many art pieces by him."

And I actually messaged Val on Facebook and he confirmed that he drew these pieces. I was questioning because I was looking at these sketches and he just signs his last name. The commission I got from Val he signed with both names. He told me that it is about 50/50 that he'll add his first name. And thanks for the lead!!! I'll check out Michael's.

@Bronte I actually like that one!!! It's got a kind of industrial feel to it!!! Thanks!!
Post 155 IP   flag post
598019 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?