Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
some more pages from avengers academy #20 - Tom Raney - penciler & Scott Hanna - inker

Post 626 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Finally got this one back from the artist based on Alex Ross' Paradise X with Mistress Death, Mephisto, Mar-Vell, and Lady Marvell.

Unfortunately, the artist pulled the staples of the book. While I don't mind the incidental imperfections that come from an artist from working on a book but pulling the staples is a bit much so I guess this one will be submitted for an Art Label instead of a grade.

Post 627 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Finally got this one back from the artist based on Alex Ross' Paradise X with Mistress Death, Mephisto, Mar-Vell, and Lady Marvell.

Unfortunately, the artist pulled the staples of the book. While I don't mind the incidental imperfections that come from an artist from working on a book but pulling the staples is a bit much so I guess this one will be submitted for an Art Label instead of a grade.

That's great looking art but huh? The artist removed the staples? That's very strange. I find it hard to believe that anyone associated with comic books (such as an artist) would do that. They have to know how much value collectors put on the condition of their books. Even if the artists themselves aren't concerned about the books condition, they would have to know that you would. Or at least ask before removing the staples. Sucks man. I hope it doesn't ruin the art for you.
Post 628 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Gene Espy?
Post 629 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia I mean, it doesn't ruin the art for me, I just prefer my comics have a grade if they're going to be encapsulated but detaching the sketch cover seems like it would hurt the grade enough that I'd rather just leave it as an art label. It was strange too in that he's done a couple of other wraparound covers for me and this is the first time he's done that.

@Siggy yup
Post 630 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
David finch

Post 631 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received today - Tim Sale Sketchbook Kickstarter.
The sketch editions (Limited to 20 sketches) sold out within minutes.
Sketch is an insert on the 1st page of sketchbook

Post 632 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 love it!!!

love, love, love Tim Sale.
I only had the 1 chance to get a sketch from him and if he ever comes around again I will do all I can to see about getting another!!!

Post 633 IP   flag post
@KatKomics ditto!!!
Post 634 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 I've never looked at kickstarter until today...is there a special way to search for ones with sketches etc as the level rewards??

Also....really, really disappointed that when I clicked the drop down for Earth it was just locations on Earth...I was hoping for project from other planets
Post 635 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Kickstarter is so general that there really isn’t a built-in way to search for types of rewards.
Post 636 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I have a friend who sends me various Kickstarter initiatives. We generally like the same artists and are both into Original Art. I never actually asked (or ask) how he knows. He may be following various artist's Twitter feeds where they generally announce Kickstarter initiatives.
Post 637 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I got my first check from my second job last Friday. I got a little carried away over the weekend.

Audra Olivia-Lockwood

Post 638 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love constantine...
Post 639 IP   flag post
most of these are over what my current budget is...maybe later in the year

take a look!! - Spiderman Sunday Strips signed by Alex Saviuk, Joe Sinnot and some Stan Lee guy

clickable text
Post 640 IP   flag post
More junk in my boxes!!

Will have to get a Fabry sketch in person someday but this sketch will do for now!

Post 641 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics great scores man!! you're finding these treasures like they're dust bunnies!! Way to go!!!
Post 642 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
In the Fourth World thread I mentioned the "first generation" printouts I rescued from Mike Royer's recycle bin. One of them was the Splash Page for Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comics Magazine #10, penciled by Ron Frenz.

Yesterday I was looking through the CAF classifieds and saw it for sale, so I grabbed it
So that's two down, too many to go.

Post 643 IP   flag post
I received a Dell'Otto Punisher sketch cover in the mail today from forum member @Omega88. Best I can tell is it's a partial cover recreation of another book he did. Or maybe he just really likes this pose. This looks so good in person. I couldn't get my scanner to work so I apologize for the cell phone picture. Great price, great communication, and even better packaging. Thanks again.

Post 644 IP   flag post
This one is heading to CBCS! By JK Woodward via Comic Art House.

Post 645 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite that's an awesome cover!!! That would have gotten my 3 stars in the contest!!! Out of curiosity, did you get that direct from Woodward?
Post 646 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I organized it through Bob at Comic Art House
Post 647 IP   flag post
I managed to finish my Watchmen jam this week. It's been a couple years in the making but I'm pleased with the end result.
Contributing artists:

Matthew Clark - Pencil layouts
Mike Perkins - Silk Spectre
Robert Atkins - Comedian
Darryl Banks - Ozymandias
Bob McLeod - Dr. Manhattan
Alex Saviuk - Night Owl
Sean Chen - Rorschach and backgrounds

Layouts:

Finished:

Post 648 IP   flag post
That’s awesome! Am I the only one getting a Ra’s Al Ghul vibe from the Comedian?
Post 649 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite well now that you mention it...
Post 650 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I have been wanting a Mephisto original art for quite a long time. Came across this page from Avengers 32 page 17.

Ed McGuinness

So. I posted this on my comic art fans gallery. The guy who sold it to me just offered to buy it back at double the selling price. I politely declined as I have been looking for a Mephisto piece for a very long time. Funny thing though, I got an email from a guy who sold me a jim lee batman sketch wanting to buy back that piece too....

Apparently lotsa folks go to comic art fans....
Post 651 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
So. I posted this on my comic art fans gallery. The guy who sold it to me just offered to buy it back at double the selling price. I politely declined as I have been looking for a Mephisto piece for a very long time. Funny thing though, I got an email from a guy who sold me a jim lee batman sketch wanting to buy back that piece too....

Apparently lotsa folks go to comic art fans....

I purchased some of my favorite art there, and happily support them by signing on as a premium member. That site is awesome, and deserves it.
Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

Grabbed these from @soul_twice on Instagram. Thought it was a fun style of these classic characters! Check em out.
Post 653 IP   flag post
Had no idea CGC did sealed art sketches. It is a thick plastic like lamination. Not nearly as thick as a comic slab. It is still pliable.

Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
I cracked out a couple new ones. Having fun doing these!
Post 655 IP   flag post
601487 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?