Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

Just grabbed these off of eBay, no idea of the artist. So if anyone has any clues as to who it that would be great!
Post 601 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Firehawk2069 I got Julie out of the signatures. I doubt that helps any.

I bought a Joker painting on ebay and the seller couldn't remember the artist's name. I put it up on my Comic Art Fans page as artist unknown. About 3 or 4 years later, I get a message on CAF from the artist saying it was hers!!! I never thought I'd get the answer to that one!!
Post 602 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O ComicArtFans is a great resource for identifying artists. I put up my sketchbook sketches that I had lost track of the artists for and shortly afterward started getting messages and comments identifying the artists
Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector Batfan77 private msg quote post Address this user

The last 2 commissions I got, both from Gus Mauk. Huntress is 11x17 and Catwoman is on a blank cover.
Post 604 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My son made this for me for Christmas.

Post 605 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Age of Apocalypse Iceman by Michel Fiffe of Copra fame.

Upper left corner, along with the comics, got dinged up due to the savage handling of USPS.

Post 606 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Dan Parent "Archie style" Punisher.

Post 607 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Not mine, but it's easier to share here.
2 part scan of Mike Royer's latest recreation commission. He gave it the Royer's touch rather than "slavishly", as he puts it, recreating Colletta.

Post 608 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a recent pickup of mine from the infamous manga artist Toshio Maeda. This dynamic action scene stopped me dead in my tracks when I first saw it, and I just knew I had to have it. That eyeball is everything!

Post 609 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Holy cow Ed!! That's amazing!!!! Your son is clearly very talented!!!
Post 610 IP   flag post
Finally came in today!!

Liam Sharp was one of the artists that defined the look of Venom for me back in the 90s; up there with McFarlane, and Bagley so I was super excited when I got the chance to meet him early last year and was able to commission this later that year. I'm hoping I can get another one this year! Maybe a connecting Carnage cover!

Post 611 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these on Tues. I'm a fan of Armando Ramirez (you can find him on IG); he's done a couple sketch covers for me. But over the holidays, he put a number of his OA up for sale.

The left is, well, you know. The right is the unedited (the profile on the top left was removed for the final) variant cover for "Night is Falling" 1.

The girlfriend and I were going back and forth over which print to get, and said "screw it, let's get them both." AR was nice enough to throw in the color prints of both as well (you can see DV behind).

Post 612 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Cool style!
Post 613 IP   flag post
Collector monjoody private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Cool style!

Yeah, he's got his own thing. It reminds me a lot of the grittiness from the Tex art in 90s Ghost Rider, and the use of shadows like the Jae Lee run of Namor, or G.I.Joe vs Transformers.
Post 614 IP   flag post
Just got a scan of a Spider-Carnage commission from the artist!

He also shared a pic of a character study he did to prepare! I might buy that from him too. It seems unlikely but I hope it would fit in a slab for an art label!

Post 615 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
picked up a few Peach Momoko covers and GoT pinup by Matías Bergara.

Post 616 IP   flag post
Another scan came in, this one from Dean Yeagle!

Post 617 IP   flag post
I commissioned Sean Chen to do Skull Knight from my favorite manga, Berserk. Here's the scan he sent me today. It was nice to take a break from Punisher commissions. 11x17.

Post 618 IP   flag post
Got this scan of an Earth X Venom today! This should be heading to CBCS shortly along with the Spider-Carnage from a few posts up

Post 619 IP   flag post
I bought some Keith Giffen art today.

Infinity Man & The Forever People #9 pg 1 & 4- Scott Koblish inks

Countdown #33 pg 19- Splash page- Giffen breakdowns, Carlos Magno pencils, Jay Leisten inks

Post 620 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
avengers academy #20 Tom Raney

Post 621 IP   flag post
Looks like Captain Marvel is playing footsie with Spider-Woman.
I approve.
Post 622 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark original oil painting by Fred Ian
Post 623 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user

Despicable DeadPool #300 original art by Mike Gustovich. He created the superhero team Justice Machine in 1981. He penciled, inked and did covers for several publishers from the 80's to 90's. And he still knows how to create depth and give personality to a character. Great work for his first ever DeadPool. ^_~ HavaTaco
Post 624 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back from the framer:

(Something is Killing the Children #11 Original Cover Art)
Post 625 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
some more pages from avengers academy #20 - Tom Raney - penciler & Scott Hanna - inker

Post 626 IP   flag post
Finally got this one back from the artist based on Alex Ross' Paradise X with Mistress Death, Mephisto, Mar-Vell, and Lady Marvell.

Unfortunately, the artist pulled the staples of the book. While I don't mind the incidental imperfections that come from an artist from working on a book but pulling the staples is a bit much so I guess this one will be submitted for an Art Label instead of a grade.

Post 627 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Finally got this one back from the artist based on Alex Ross' Paradise X with Mistress Death, Mephisto, Mar-Vell, and Lady Marvell.

Unfortunately, the artist pulled the staples of the book. While I don't mind the incidental imperfections that come from an artist from working on a book but pulling the staples is a bit much so I guess this one will be submitted for an Art Label instead of a grade.

That's great looking art but huh? The artist removed the staples? That's very strange. I find it hard to believe that anyone associated with comic books (such as an artist) would do that. They have to know how much value collectors put on the condition of their books. Even if the artists themselves aren't concerned about the books condition, they would have to know that you would. Or at least ask before removing the staples. Sucks man. I hope it doesn't ruin the art for you.
Post 628 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Gene Espy?
Post 629 IP   flag post
@AndyRexia I mean, it doesn't ruin the art for me, I just prefer my comics have a grade if they're going to be encapsulated but detaching the sketch cover seems like it would hurt the grade enough that I'd rather just leave it as an art label. It was strange too in that he's done a couple of other wraparound covers for me and this is the first time he's done that.

@Siggy yup
Post 630 IP   flag post
600771 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?