Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
SO I got a preliminary shot today of this one..it still will be colored apparently..most will miss the concept of this cover...but back when Howard the Duck began in issues 12, and 13 he finds a skull or body in a mental asylum, and when he moves it, out comes the Band Kiss in a clouds of smoke and fire...their first appearance ever in a comic book.
Since nothing gets done here without Zatanna, I added her into my homage, and the comic Itself is a Kiss #1 Blank...and if you look very closely you will see Howard cowering away in a back corner ….

Remember when life was simple Howard, and your mind wasn't just a big bowl of ducks head soup?
Post 351 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
My latest commissions from Dave Aikins are on the way.

Post 352 IP   flag post
Great timing with your post Siggy

Brother got me tickets for the show Wednesday night...on their "End of the Road Tour" Apparently the tour was going last year and runs all this year and into next year as well...suppose to be the final one supposedly...with Gene celebrating his 70th birthday a few days ago....the tour has been stopped a few times already for Gene and Paul to have surgery apparently
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
Few pick ups from C2E2 all at CBCS for grading.

Mary Jane, Rachata Lin

Harley Quinn, Mirka Andolfo (from last year but she was here this year so it’s off to grading)

Kitty, Dan Parent

Harley Quinn, Anna Zhuo

Mary Jane, Ryan Kincaid

Zatanna, Scott Blair

Catwoman, Elias Chatzoudis

Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Recently had the opportunity to grab a commission from Mark Bagley, who's been my favorite artist since I started reading Spider-Man in the early 90s. It's my first ever commission, and all I asked for was that he include both Spidey and Venom. Super excited for what I got:

Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@kon_jelly Did you see him at a show and set it up or do it some other way. That turned out great.
Post 356 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I just picked these up from my fed ex post.
This one is mine.
the Foot Elite is my buddies book he got at Asronomicon.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@kon_jelly Did you see him at a show and set it up or do it some other way. That turned out great.

Spencer from the Artist's Choice made a post on the CGC forum about Bagley having some openings and I sent in an email. Let me know if you want the contact info and I can send it to you.
Post 358 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I just picked these up from my fed ex post.
This one is mine.
the Foot Elite is my buddies book he got at Asronomicon.

Love the Krang sketch. Jealous.
Post 359 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentstrider
Few pick ups from C2E2 all at CBCS for grading.

Mary Jane, Rachata Lin

Harley Quinn, Mirka Andolfo (from last year but she was here this year so it’s off to grading)

Kitty, Dan Parent

Harley Quinn, Anna Zhuo

Mary Jane, Ryan Kincaid

Zatanna, Scott Blair

Catwoman, Elias Chatzoudis

Digging sketch and colors of the Rachta Lin MJ. I'll have to remember to check her out at future cons
Post 360 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Two pick-ups from C2E2

Bruce Timm - Fightin' Femmes of WW2. The characters appeared in Giant-Size Kung Fu Bible Stories

Cover to Birds of Prey #116 by Stephane Roux

Post 361 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Two more pages for my Rich Buckler Collection.

Post 362 IP   flag post
Everytime I see the artists depictions of dinosaurs and they draw the hands facing down it gets me amused....dinosaurs had primitive wrists and arm designs that did not allow them to pronate their hands...the correct posture would always be either neutral, or semi supinated but never facing down like that except in a very few very specialized species.

I love the mammoth in the image though..wow , just pure energy to it all. congrats there Siggy...so are you off the wagon again for major purchases? ha
Post 363 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Everytime I see the artists depictions of dinosaurs and they draw the hands facing down it gets me amused....dinosaurs had primitive wrists and arm designs that did not allow them to pronate their hands...the correct posture would always be either neutral, or semi supinated

Yeah, but if you're gonna do it wrong, he did it well lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
congrats there Siggy...so are you off the wagon again for major purchases? ha

lol
I was meaning more along the lines of comics with four-digit prices. Any comics I get these days are usually Bronze Run fillers, "relatively" inexpensive since I'm okay with affordable mid-grades as long as they present well.

Art... might test me, but I've been eyeing these pages for years after I found a small stack of his lesser known Tekno Comix work for $50 each. The comic books might be drek, but the OA is great!
Post 364 IP   flag post

davideichenburg.com
Post 365 IP   flag post
Davideichenberg.com, haha, I spelled my buddy’s last name wrong.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, does anyone know what to enter in the “year box” when subbing original art that isn’t dated? (for the OAP program) I tried “0000” and “n/a” that didn’t work. I don’t want to make up a date. Any ideas? Thank you.
Post 367 IP   flag post
I just [*carefully] delivered these to Mike Royer who agreed to ink them. Hopefully I'll have pics next week.

[*Set on his door step, rang the bell, stepped back out the gate, put on my mask, and kept back 6ft as we chatted for maybe 30 minutes. We haven't visited since returning from SDCF last month, and he hoped I'd come in, but since I'm still working I told him it's too risky for him and his wife.]

Post 368 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I know this isn't the intended reason for this thread but I hope no one minds (if so, I can delete it with no problems at all). This is my youngest sons' drawing, he's 13. I've been trying to keep him creatively busy (away from video games as much as one can during an isolation). Anyway, I told him to draw something and he came back to me with this. I thought it was pretty cool.

Post 369 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC waaay better than I could draw, awesome talent
Post 370 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 lol!! Thank you! I thought it was very cute and it is pretty good...better than I can do for sure. It's original art so I figured I'd share with you guys in this thread.
Post 371 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Batman66 lol!! Thank you! I thought it was very cute and it is pretty good...better than I can do for sure. It's original art so I figured I'd share with you guys in this thread.

It's fine with me, and I love seeing them. The way this forum is structured, and as infrequently as posts are made to this thread, any artwork is welcome (and will help keep the thread recent).
Post 372 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Lobo vs Bizzarro by Tommy Lee Edwards - NYCC 2008 or 2009?
Post 373 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
About two weeks ago, I did a blind pull of comics that a friend of mine was doing on Facebook. He had several "mystery" picks where you could choose the comics (sight unseen) or you could choose the mystery item. The mystery item could be free shipping, choice of a print, extra draws or choice of original art. I got a mystery pick and won my choice of original art. He had two Death pieces, and I went with the "cute" version.

Post 374 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Probably one of my last commission pieces for a while. I have two more coming that I am waiting on. This one is a Tank Girl that I commissioned from one of my favorite artists, Primo Cardinalli. He is on Facebook and his only source of income is his artwork. Anyway, I thought it turned out pretty cool.

And on my wall ...

Post 375 IP   flag post

Post 376 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I got a Storm Shadow sketch from Larry Hama at a con a couple years back. I asked Robert Atkins to ink it. I sent him a high res scan and he blue lined it then printed and inked it. Original pencils are still intact. I'm happy with the results.

Post 378 IP   flag post
While waiting for my commissions, I picked up these 2 pages from Married With Children: The Quantum Quartet #1, pg 16 & #2, pg 7

Post 379 IP   flag post
I was mistaken- Both pages above are from #4.
Post 380 IP   flag post
600440 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?