Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
The Crow by James O' Barr, just one of the few that I own from the master himself.

This is effing incredible!!! congrats man!!
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Thanks man, James is a friend of mine, my first commission I got from him was way back in 1993 and then met with him again when the movie was being filmed and he told me all about the filming and showed me behind the scene photos of him and Brandon. I have gotten a few more pieces by him. I did own some of the original pages from the second issue but sadly (and stupidly) sold them to buy my first house. I major regret as I never wanted to part with them as they were four pages all in order, but they went to very good homes so I know they are being cherished just as much. Here is another one James did for me from 2007.

Post 327 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinsella5 wow!!! that's amazing!! I'd imagine having to sell that OA was painful but you got part of a house so that's pretty good!!
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Yeah but the pages I had weer quite nice, I am sure we all have things we have sold over the years whereas we look back nowadays and say "Why did I sell that?" so I know I am not alone.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Mr. Bellman wasn't able to go to the con where I was to pick this up.
He sent it to (what it seems) the only facilitator he trusts and they only do CGC.
Never even saw the book.
Just got it back today and am pretty excited about having original Al Bellman art. Such a cool guy.
I had met him 2-3 times prior and didn't think he did commissions, but a big thanks to the forum for turning me on to the process.

I actually won this in a drawing for purchasing some of Dawn McTeigue's stuff from her website. Got it last month, but figure now is a good time to share. She did this one live on twitch during the raffle.
Post 330 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a few prelims by Greg Hildebrandt from the Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Trading Card set!

Post 331 IP   flag post
Still too many creators that will only do CGC.
Last outstanding commission from 2019. Scott Blair.
Post 332 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A four legged friend from a while back now...
Post 333 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Andrew Bell
Post 334 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Just got a few prelims by Greg Hildebrandt

The Hildebrandt brothers are something else. Love their art. I'd say the prelims are the only thing in my price range
Post 335 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Mr. Bellman wasn't able to go to the con where I was to pick this up.
He sent it to (what it seems) the only facilitator he trusts and they only do CGC.
Never even saw the book.
Just got it back today and am pretty excited about having original Al Bellman art. Such a cool guy.
I had met him 2-3 times prior and didn't think he did commissions, but a big thanks to the forum for turning me on to the process.

I actually won this in a drawing for purchasing some of Dawn McTeigue's stuff from her website. Got it last month, but figure now is a good time to share. She did this one live on twitch during the raffle.
that kitty Pryde and Lockheed is amazing. If you ever decide to sell it I would definitely be interested!
Post 336 IP   flag post
Greg Capullo and Clay Mann saw a Dawn McTeigue quick face sketch I got at a con. Both were really impressed and asked who it was that drew the Wonder Woman. She does spectacular work. I'm was very excited to win this and I plan on keeping it. But if I..like get cancer or something I'll keep this in mind.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
This is kind of different.. Drawn and Signed by Stan Goldberg..

Post 338 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift - I have ever seen anything like that, Tom! Very unique and very cool!
Post 339 IP   flag post
Very nice artwork but makese wonder where that falls regarding defacing federal currency
Post 340 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

🙈🙉🙊. shhhhhhhhhhhh. Lol your probably
right. But I thought it was cool and really different.
Damn Russians (yeah that’s the ticket).
Putin did it. 🙀 🖖
Post 341 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
These are really common. Was fun to watch though

Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey
These are really common. Was fun to watch though

I met Grell at a con and had him do a figure on my jam. What a nice guy. He let me come around behind his table and watch him work over his shoulder. It was a great experience.
Post 343 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I shared this here.

160-page FULL-COLOR HARDCOVER - by Jack KIRBY, edited by John MORROW
In cooperation with DC Comics, TwoMorrows compiles a tempestuous trio of never-seen 1970s Kirby projects! These are the final complete, unpublished Jack Kirby stories in existence, presented here for the first time! Included are: Two unused Dingbats of Danger Street tales (Kirby’s final Kid Gang group, inked by Mike Royer and D. Bruce Berry, and newly colored for this book)! True-Life Divorce, the abandoned newsstand magazine that was too hot for its time (reproduced from Jack’s pencil art—and as a bonus, we’ve commissioned Mike Royer to ink one of the stories)! And Soul Love, the unseen ’70s romance book so funky, even a jive turkey will dig the unretouched inks by Vince Colletta and Tony DeZuniga. PLUS: There’s Kirby historian John Morrow’s in-depth examination of why these projects got left back, concept art and uninked pencils from Dingbats, and a Foreword by ’70s Kirby assistant Mark Evanier!

I purchased them, but agreed not to share them until after the release. This story, only 3 pages, feels almost like an afterthought. While complete, it feels like an additional page would have really helped smooth out the 'twist'. Included are the scans Mike worked from- Not an easy task with pg 3. It's unknown where the originals are.

TwoMorrows ( sorry) is releasing Jack Kirby's Dingbat Love in Oct, and commissioned Mike Royer to ink an unreleased Kirby story (from images, not pencils).
Post 344 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy - Wow! That's absolutely amazing stuff! It does seem like it could have been a four-page story, and I wonder if the last panel was unfinished - why is the doctor now bald and wearing glasses?
Post 345 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Siggy - Wow! That's absolutely amazing stuff! It does seem like it could have been a four-page story, and I wonder if the last panel was unfinished - why is the doctor now bald and wearing glasses?

I think the bald guy is a narrator, like the old witch in Ghost Manor comics.
Post 346 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, you see his head by the intro box on the first page, he is the narrator.
Post 347 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Correct x2
Post 348 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O and @Siggy - I thought it was a Professor X doppelgänger.
Post 349 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Very nice artwork but makese wonder where that falls regarding defacing federal currency

Those laws exist solely for the purpose of the currency staying in the economic stream, available for reissuing. Wouldn't count as these can't be spent as a sheet. These are sold as novelty items directly by US printing and engraving solely as a collector's item with no ability to be spent or re-issued.
Post 350 IP   flag post
SO I got a preliminary shot today of this one..it still will be colored apparently..most will miss the concept of this cover...but back when Howard the Duck began in issues 12, and 13 he finds a skull or body in a mental asylum, and when he moves it, out comes the Band Kiss in a clouds of smoke and fire...their first appearance ever in a comic book.
Since nothing gets done here without Zatanna, I added her into my homage, and the comic Itself is a Kiss #1 Blank...and if you look very closely you will see Howard cowering away in a back corner ….

Remember when life was simple Howard, and your mind wasn't just a big bowl of ducks head soup?
Post 351 IP   flag post
My latest commissions from Dave Aikins are on the way.

Post 352 IP   flag post
Great timing with your post Siggy

Brother got me tickets for the show Wednesday night...on their "End of the Road Tour" Apparently the tour was going last year and runs all this year and into next year as well...suppose to be the final one supposedly...with Gene celebrating his 70th birthday a few days ago....the tour has been stopped a few times already for Gene and Paul to have surgery apparently
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
Few pick ups from C2E2 all at CBCS for grading.

Mary Jane, Rachata Lin

Harley Quinn, Mirka Andolfo (from last year but she was here this year so it’s off to grading)

Kitty, Dan Parent

Harley Quinn, Anna Zhuo

Mary Jane, Ryan Kincaid

Zatanna, Scott Blair

Catwoman, Elias Chatzoudis

Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Recently had the opportunity to grab a commission from Mark Bagley, who's been my favorite artist since I started reading Spider-Man in the early 90s. It's my first ever commission, and all I asked for was that he include both Spidey and Venom. Super excited for what I got:

Post 355 IP   flag post
601452 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?