Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Batman Who Laughs by Skan. Newton rings were free.

My Esad Ribic Weapon X sketch I got at NYCC came back earlier this week from CBCS. Had it pressed and graded

For those who care about TATs the BWL came back after CBCS. My cbcs non pressed books from NYCC came back last month and my friend who dropped off his books is still waiting. TATs go in cycles.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I've posted a couple of these before, but I only bought six pieces of original art this year. (Which is a lot for me!) So, here are my top five.

A sketch I just received a few days ago. Harley Quinn by Jeehyung Lee:

Green Arrow, by Jim Aparo:

Superman #1, from HeroesCon in Charlotte this year, an up-and-comer named AC Zamudio. Isn't she fantastic?

Black Canary, also from HeroesCon, by Jeff Dekal:

And last but not least, an Action Comics page with both Lois and Jimmy by Kurt Schaffenberger:

Post 302 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Just bought the original on the top from Al Jaffe's site. (the bottome picture is the finished piece). Can't go wrong for $250 for a published original Al Jaffee piece
Post 303 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 that's awesome! I didn't realize there was an Al Jaffe site! I'm definitely going to be checking that site out! He and Sergio Aragones were my heroes when I was a wee one!
Post 304 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O There sure is!
I hope it's not against forum rules to post his site, so I'll just say google "originalaljaffee" and that will steer you there. There are still expensive ones there (like the fold-ins) that I just can't afford
Post 305 IP   flag post

I bought this on eBay yesterday. I saw it while looking at some Brett Parson original Tank Girl art (there is a charity auction that has a cool sketch cover by him and several other pieces by various UK artists). I put it on my watch list because I wanted to research the artist, Chris Foreman. It appears that he has had some work published by indy publishers. While I was doing that, the seller sent me an offer. It was listed at $18 and he offered it to me for $15. For that price, I took it! I like the look the artist gives here here. She looks like a total bad ass!

Post 306 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email from Ron Frenz' handler (hate that title) this morning- My Christmas gift to myself is finished and shiping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Did this for a customer, who ended up not wanting it so I'm keeping it. All done with Prisma Markers

Post 308 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure this is my last item of the year. Maybe one more will arrive, but that's been a few years in the making, and hopefully I'll be able tell the whole story. In the meantime, another commission:

Post 309 IP   flag post
@Siggy how I missed you posting that Kurgan, I don't know. It is a beautiful piece!,

I know I have been blessed to make some great friends online. Almost all my comic book friends I can trace back to meeting them through my involvement with CBCS. One of those friends just sent me a message. We have bought,sold and traded comics and art over the years. He knew that I have been having health issues and he wanted to get me something to cheer me up. He remembered me posting some Tim Vigil sketches that I bought. He found this lot on eBay for $50. He is going to be sending all 4 pieces to me. Of course, the main one is Vampirella by Vigil! I'm floored!! Does anyone recognize any of the other characters?

Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Siggy how I missed you posting that Kurgan, I don't know. It is a beautiful piece!,

I know I have been blessed to make some great friends online. Almost all my comic book friends I can trace back to meeting them through my involvement with CBCS. One of those friends just sent me a message. We have bought,sold and traded comics and art over the years. He knew that I have been having health issues and he wanted to get me something to cheer me up. He remembered me posting some Tim Vigil sketches that I bought. He found this lot on eBay for $50. He is going to be sending all 4 pieces to me. Of course, the main one is Vampirella by Vigil! I'm floored!! Does anyone recognize any of the other characters?

Jesse, the one on the far left is McFarlane & Kirkman's Haunt.
Post 311 IP   flag post
@Hcanes Cool! Thanks for the info! It looked vaguely familiar to me, but I was thinking Faust and didn't even think of McFarlane. The one on the far right looks familiar also, but I can't place her. The gunslinger I have no clue on, but it looks like quality work.
Post 312 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Hcanes Cool! Thanks for the info! It looked vaguely familiar to me, but I was thinking Faust and didn't even think of McFarlane. The one on the far right looks familiar also, but I can't place her. The gunslinger I have no clue on, but it looks like quality work.

She might be Jinny Hex, the great-great-granddaughter of Jonah Hex
Post 313 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid that's a great lead! I had to look her up. She first appeared in 2018. If the date on the piece is 2019, that's probably correct. If it's 2017, the search will continue. I can't make out the date in the photo. It looks like it's either 17 or 19.
Post 314 IP   flag post
I got the original art pieces today! That Tim Vigil Vampirella just floors me. If anyone recognizes the signatures of the rest, I'd love to know!!

Post 315 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Had Mr. Bellman sketch this great Red Skull cover for me in June...got to walk it over to the CBCS booth but finally back in my hands.
I think this may be my 2nd or 3rd sketch cover and 1st where I got to watch it being done....guess it's better than no sketch but I would prefer it in my sketch book...super nice though!

Not many golden age artists around anymore!

Post 316 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a new one to my collection.

Vampirella by Colton Worley

Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

When you spend an hour talking vintage bondage covers with Larry Welz its difficult to not want him to do your favorite Cherry characters...
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

I stumbled on upon this while looking for something else. I bought it due to the subject matter, the fact that is was original art, and the price (only $10). It's by a cartoonist named Bo Brown who did cartoons for magazines such as The Saturday Evening Post and The New Yorker.
Post 319 IP   flag post
I met a young artist at the last Sacramento Wizard Con, Manuela Martinez, and commissioned a Hulk vs The Thing from him, and they're on their way- He provided these scans.

Post 320 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Not one of my recent pieces but certainly one of my favorites that I own...The Crow by Bill Sienkiewicz.

Post 321 IP   flag post
The Crow by James O' Barr, just one of the few that I own from the master himself.

Post 322 IP   flag post
The Crow by Jim Lee, quite rare nowadays to get a frontal sketch by Jim for free so I was quite lucky indeed.

Post 323 IP   flag post
Another from my collection of sketches based on "The Crow" this one done by Ethan Van Sciver.

Post 324 IP   flag post
Here are a few of my Batman pieces, starting off with one by the legendary Bruce Timm.

Batman and some of the villains by Aaron Lopresti who went beyond the call of duty on this one.

Batman by Sean Gordon Murphy, very humble guy, and doesn't do many commissions nowadays but he did this inside one of my Batman White Knight tradepaperbacks.

My most recent Batman piece done by Jae Lee, incredible artist and quite a nice guy too.

Post 325 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
The Crow by James O' Barr, just one of the few that I own from the master himself.

This is effing incredible!!! congrats man!!
Post 326 IP   flag post
@GAC Thanks man, James is a friend of mine, my first commission I got from him was way back in 1993 and then met with him again when the movie was being filmed and he told me all about the filming and showed me behind the scene photos of him and Brandon. I have gotten a few more pieces by him. I did own some of the original pages from the second issue but sadly (and stupidly) sold them to buy my first house. I major regret as I never wanted to part with them as they were four pages all in order, but they went to very good homes so I know they are being cherished just as much. Here is another one James did for me from 2007.

Post 327 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Kinsella5 wow!!! that's amazing!! I'd imagine having to sell that OA was painful but you got part of a house so that's pretty good!!
Post 328 IP   flag post
@GAC Yeah but the pages I had weer quite nice, I am sure we all have things we have sold over the years whereas we look back nowadays and say "Why did I sell that?" so I know I am not alone.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Mr. Bellman wasn't able to go to the con where I was to pick this up.
He sent it to (what it seems) the only facilitator he trusts and they only do CGC.
Never even saw the book.
Just got it back today and am pretty excited about having original Al Bellman art. Such a cool guy.
I had met him 2-3 times prior and didn't think he did commissions, but a big thanks to the forum for turning me on to the process.

I actually won this in a drawing for purchasing some of Dawn McTeigue's stuff from her website. Got it last month, but figure now is a good time to share. She did this one live on twitch during the raffle.
Post 330 IP   flag post
601201 722 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?