Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I won another Val Mayerik sketch. This is actually a twofer. There is a sketch on both sides of this paper. I'm trying to think of an unique way to frame it. The signed side is Howard the duck. The flip side has Man-thing. I'm open to ideas on framing!!! LOL!!! It's about 8"x10". I did darken the scans a bit because the scanner really seemed to blow out the pencil. In real life, they are not this dark, but this is closer than the scans were.

Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O if you go to Michael's art supplies, or any store for art supplies. They carry a holder that's clear plexiglass. We use them for a home show we do to promote our business. They hold a 8x10. Are you getting the sketch's from a guy in la Verne ca? I got this from him, adventures into fest 19, thought it was appropriate
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

I was thinking something like this. Obviously not so cheap looking, but the swivel would allow easy viewing of both sides.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/mud-pie-reg-5-inch-x-7-inch-industrial-metal-rotating-frame/5266779?skuId=66714903&&enginename=google&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_homedecor_online&product_id=66714903&adtype=pla&product_channel=online&adpos=1o2&creative=224261976365&device=m&matchtype=&network=s&mrkgadid=3140840057&mrkgcl=609&rkg_id=0&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-8PjBRCWARIsADc18TLhfWOYb4YU2r7xPMxj6R5UrCOOReqzGSYztXf-K3GnFYwltoTDRG8aAtL0EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Post 154 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Yep, that's the guy!!! I actually sent him a question because they don't really say that these pieces are drawn by Val, just signed by him. This was his reply: "Val Mayerik is a friend and used to be part of our company and used to work for us back when we were Pacific Comics. We also sell his personal collection for him online and at shows. These are art pieces by Val himself and signed by Val. He is a wonderful man and we have some great stuff still to go up from him. If you look through our store, you will see many art pieces by him."

And I actually messaged Val on Facebook and he confirmed that he drew these pieces. I was questioning because I was looking at these sketches and he just signs his last name. The commission I got from Val he signed with both names. He told me that it is about 50/50 that he'll add his first name. And thanks for the lead!!! I'll check out Michael's.

@Bronte I actually like that one!!! It's got a kind of industrial feel to it!!! Thanks!!
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Might be more expensive (and certainly slower) than the suggestions so far, but you could go for an art slab. I did that for a blank comic that I commissioned front and back drawings.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

The link is not going to fit your art. I was just suggesting that as an idea for the display.

If you do a search for "rotating display frame," you might be able to find other frame designs to consider with appropriate size.

On a side note. Gratz on the art!
Post 157 IP   flag post
@xkonk I'm thinking about doing that with the Frankenstein Monster piece. But the max size for the ART program is 10.25 inches tall by 7.25 inches wide. That would effect the art if I trimmed this piece.

@Bronte Yep, I noticed that, but it's a great style!! I wasn't aware that they made a rotating frame like that. And Thanks!!!
Post 158 IP   flag post
223910 158 8
destitute