Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

New Original Art, commissions, sketch covers thread6768

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Batman Who Laughs by Skan. Newton rings were free.

My Esad Ribic Weapon X sketch I got at NYCC came back earlier this week from CBCS. Had it pressed and graded

For those who care about TATs the BWL came back after CBCS. My cbcs non pressed books from NYCC came back last month and my friend who dropped off his books is still waiting. TATs go in cycles.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I've posted a couple of these before, but I only bought six pieces of original art this year. (Which is a lot for me!) So, here are my top five.

A sketch I just received a few days ago. Harley Quinn by Jeehyung Lee:

Green Arrow, by Jim Aparo:

Superman #1, from HeroesCon in Charlotte this year, an up-and-comer named AC Zamudio. Isn't she fantastic?

Black Canary, also from HeroesCon, by Jeff Dekal:

And last but not least, an Action Comics page with both Lois and Jimmy by Kurt Schaffenberger:

Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user

Just bought the original on the top from Al Jaffe's site. (the bottome picture is the finished piece). Can't go wrong for $250 for a published original Al Jaffee piece
Post 303 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 that's awesome! I didn't realize there was an Al Jaffe site! I'm definitely going to be checking that site out! He and Sergio Aragones were my heroes when I was a wee one!
Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O There sure is!
I hope it's not against forum rules to post his site, so I'll just say google "originalaljaffee" and that will steer you there. There are still expensive ones there (like the fold-ins) that I just can't afford
Post 305 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I bought this on eBay yesterday. I saw it while looking at some Brett Parson original Tank Girl art (there is a charity auction that has a cool sketch cover by him and several other pieces by various UK artists). I put it on my watch list because I wanted to research the artist, Chris Foreman. It appears that he has had some work published by indy publishers. While I was doing that, the seller sent me an offer. It was listed at $18 and he offered it to me for $15. For that price, I took it! I like the look the artist gives here here. She looks like a total bad ass!

Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I got an email from Ron Frenz' handler (hate that title) this morning- My Christmas gift to myself is finished and shiping today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector nik private msg quote post Address this user
Did this for a customer, who ended up not wanting it so I'm keeping it. All done with Prisma Markers

Post 308 IP   flag post
276331 308 8
destitute