Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

A sunny day in Dallas, Julius Schwartz signature6727

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I visited Dallas Fantasy Fair in 1992 and spent an afternoon wandering the venue and burying myself in comic lore. I noticed two elderly men at tables that the better part of the crowd was seemingly ignoring.
I wandered up to the first gent, Julius Schwartz as it turned out. Here was the man responsible at DC comics for the silver age rebirth of all those amazing characters, costumes and updated origin stories !
I had brought along a copy of showcase 22, in hopes of having Gil Kane sign but he was apparently a now-show. I stood there pondering what to ask Mr Schwartz to sign and it came to me...Showcase..let him sign it. My copy was a 2.5-3.0 range copy and a pen signature on the first page just isn't going to alter that grade tremendously so...why not?He signed my book we chatted awhile, and I wandered off...missed opportunities. He is of course gone now sadly..when I think of all the books I could has asked him to sign I get annoyed with myself.
The other man at the table was Mart Nodel, the golden age green lantern artist and I will share his story in another thread.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Mispelled his name in the title in case someone knows how to edit or fix my glaring mistake
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Mispelled his name in the title in case someone knows how to edit or fix my glaring mistake
Go to "edit". Click on that and you can make changes. Then click "Submit"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Someome stepped right up and fixed it for me...wow fast too, thanks!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
600502 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?