CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@bythegram There was a post in the Facebook group today concerning 2 day moderns. The poster said that CBCS received the comics Monday and they were being shipped back to him today (Thursday). I believe that the day comics are received does not count as a day. So, in three days, they were graded, encapsulated and shipped. And I am not certain, but I believe that is what is considered a 2 day submission. I believe it is two days to grade and encapsulate and then ship on the third day, but I am not 100% certain on that. I know for a fact that they do NOT count the day the order is received. But regardless, two day moderns are either on time or one day behind.

Jesse_O - we all want CBCS the best - otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Think about it as we are the crooks who keep the police busy, alert and on their toes!

I think the above example illustrate one of the main issues. It would seems that not all books which were moved from Florida have been unpacked whereas books submitted in Texas get graded first. I could be wrong, but this is the perception and it is unfortunate and unfair. Books should be graded in the order received!

But that goes against the entire "2 day" order reasoning. The only way that 2 day works is that it jumps ahead of everything else, and you pay a premium for it.

Don't get me wrong mind you, the fact that my 13 week order is now on week 20 has me pretty upset. There has to be a balance somewhere. The unfortunate thing is that we are all being given the same copy/pasted email response, and told that this will eventually pass, without any real consequence for how poorly this came out. At the end of the day, we're all comic fans and we all just want our books to look their best, in a timely fashion.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a call from CBCS today about my order. They are working on it but my dashboard still says submitted. Motto is don’t take the dashboard as gospel. It obviously is not being updated properly if at all.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane313
Quote:
Quote:
@bythegram There was a post in the Facebook group today concerning 2 day moderns. The poster said that CBCS received the comics Monday and they were being shipped back to him today (Thursday). I believe that the day comics are received does not count as a day. So, in three days, they were graded, encapsulated and shipped. And I am not certain, but I believe that is what is considered a 2 day submission. I believe it is two days to grade and encapsulate and then ship on the third day, but I am not 100% certain on that. I know for a fact that they do NOT count the day the order is received. But regardless, two day moderns are either on time or one day behind.

Jesse_O - we all want CBCS the best - otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Think about it as we are the crooks who keep the police busy, alert and on their toes!

I think the above example illustrate one of the main issues. It would seems that not all books which were moved from Florida have been unpacked whereas books submitted in Texas get graded first. I could be wrong, but this is the perception and it is unfortunate and unfair. Books should be graded in the order received!

But that goes against the entire "2 day" order reasoning. The only way that 2 day works is that it jumps ahead of everything else, and you pay a premium for it.

Don't get me wrong mind you, the fact that my 13 week order is now on week 20 has me pretty upset. There has to be a balance somewhere. The unfortunate thing is that we are all being given the same copy/pasted email response, and told that this will eventually pass, without any real consequence for how poorly this came out. At the end of the day, we're all comic fans and we all just want our books to look their best, in a timely fashion.

Yeah but the 2 days fast past submitted in Dallas should not go ahead of the 2 days submitted in Florida!
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yeah but the 2 days fast past submitted in Dallas should not go ahead of the 2 days submitted in Florida!

Oh definitely, I must have misunderstood you originally.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
I just got a call from CBCS today about my order. They are working on it but my dashboard still says submitted. Motto is don’t take the dashboard as gospel. It obviously is not being updated properly if at all.

Are you actually clicking on the invoices in the dashboard and opening them? I find a lot of people don't realize that once you open the invoice you can see the sub-status listed. For example all of mine say "Received" but when I open the invoice I can see they are in "Grading"
Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Am thrilled to report that my submission of March 22 has now been shipped. It was ten Moderns, with nothing extra whatsoever (no pressing, no autographs, just grading). Everything seems perfect. Got the shipping notice email right on time, and the grading seems perfectly consistent with the top quality CBCS grading from before the move. Could not be happier with this submission from CBCS!
Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareComics
Am thrilled to report that my submission of March 22 has now been shipped. It was ten Moderns, with nothing extra whatsoever (no pressing, no autographs, just grading). Everything seems perfect. Got the shipping notice email right on time, and the grading seems perfectly consistent with the top quality CBCS grading from before the move. Could not be happier with this submission from CBCS!

mine should be right behind yours then. mine were received same date. 5 books all signature series
Post 182 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Still no finished order another week down , submitted on March 12th for 65 comics
Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
March 14 sub, 8 moderns, standard - still in grading
March 27 sub, 7 modern, 3 expanded - still in grading
...and yet @RareComics is getting his back (happy for ya btw)
This is really bordering on the ridiculous now. Contacting customer service does no good. "Look at your dashboard" I'm told. Yeah..I do that, at least 10 times a day. As I said before, graders should have been trained ahead of the move and weren't. sad.
Post 184 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
and yet, someone who just got comics last week submitted on monday and had his books by Thursday. This is no conspiracy theory, Jesse.

You want to tell me where my books are, Jesse_O ? Hrmmmmm?
Post 185 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got your conspiracy theory right here, brah

My books have no invoice numbers because @TrinityComics dropped them off at a con sometime in March and filled out the paperwork by hand. Does this sound right to you? I have nothing. No email, no invoices, nothing.
Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
Kaptainmyke this is the same fanboy who gets his books at lightspeed?
Post 187 IP   flag post
Yes. You know it.
Post 188 IP   flag post
The simple fact is... if you bought and paid for 2-day services, even before the move, there is in no way whatsoever fanboy should be pushed to the front of the line.
Post 189 IP   flag post
Lol, I'm with ya there...
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
as stated earlier
Post 191 IP   flag post
Seems like a good kid, but extremely obsessed with cbcs. Kind of weird...
Post 192 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
and yet, someone who just got comics last week submitted on monday and had his books by Thursday. This is no conspiracy theory, Jesse.

You want to tell me where my books are, Jesse_O ? Hrmmmmm?

How come 1 variant is "Weatherman" and another variant is "Weather Man"?
Post 193 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I got your conspiracy theory right here, brah

My books have no invoice numbers because @TrinityComics dropped them off at a con sometime in March and filled out the paperwork by hand. Does this sound right to you? I have nothing. No email, no invoices, nothing.

Did he use his own account? If he used your email or account number for your books you should have seen those hit your dashboard months ago.
Post 194 IP   flag post
of course he didn't use my account or even ask me for my account
Post 195 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I can't tell you where your books are because, as I've stated numerous times, I do not work for CBCS. Quite honestly, why are you pissed at CBCS and not at Trinity? Trinity should have your invoice number. If they submitted under their account, they should be able to give you updates. If they submitted under your name, they STILL should have an invoice number for you. I'm not trying to bash Trinity. I've always heard good things about them. But honestly, I don't see why you are upset at CBCS about this.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Just saw your last post. I'd be hounding Trinity for the info.
Post 197 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
of course he didn't use my account or even ask me for my account

If he uses his own account then the books are shipped to him first... kind of a weird way to do business, especially trying to figure out who’s books are who’s when he gets shipments!

Good luck.
Post 198 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJ
Quote:

Are you actually clicking on the invoices in the dashboard and opening them? I find a lot of people don't realize that once you open the invoice you can see the sub-status listed. For example all of mine say "Received" but when I open the invoice I can see they are in "Grading"

I am clicking on the invoice and seeing submitted there too.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
If he uses his own account then the books are shipped to him first...

Jake, That's another issue entirely. I won't speak in public about that.

Jesse,

I am frustrated, Jesse, because of situations like the fanboy example given.
Post 200 IP   flag post
Quote:
I am frustrated, Jesse, because of situations like the fanboy example given.

I don't know why or how "fanboy" got his comics back so fast, but I seriously doubt there is any conspiracy on CBCS's part. From what I see, that is how 2-day moderns SHOULD work.

As for your frustration ... totally legit!!!! I get it!!
Post 201 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'd be hounding Trinity for the info.

Every. day. Every. single. day.
Post 202 IP   flag post
He just said they are stuck in “grading”
Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector eloreto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

My dashboard has said my submission book from feb is "shipping" for 2 weeks or so now. no grade posted.
BUT.... the book arrived in mail 4 or 5 days ago. No ones running the website I dont think.
Post 204 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't realize about clicking on the invoice - mine still says submitted.
Although....only submitted on June 2nd at the Niagara Falls Convention, so I guess only 6 weeks in to what should be 24 weeks (pressing with no fast passes etc.)

On the plus side - when looking at the invoice I had completely forgot I sent in 3 batman family #6's!!
At least one should pull high 9's the other two 8.5 to mid 9's?? depending on clean and press and then up for sale when next suicide squad movie comes out (if I have them back by then )
Post 205 IP   flag post
600882 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.