Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
It’s more of a “be positive about CBCS or get banned group”.

Doesn't Jesse_O run that group?

I've been on the CBCS Facebook fan page from the beginning. It's IS a FAN page. But that said, the mods are far, far more tolerant of criticism of CBCS and themselves than say the fan pages of virtually any other FB group I've ever belonged to. Just like this CBCS forum tolerates criticism and discussion of competitors like 10,000% better than those guys across the street.

But ultimately it is a FAN page. If one despises CBCS, then they should go start their own "they suck" FB group or join some existing one.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector joe_kach private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I know this is a long-shot, but I'm hoping for some help from either Steve or Jake.

I understand sh!t happens, and appreciate y'all attempting to keep folks updated here, but charging as much as you do for these services & providing very little transparency during this debacle is really not cool. I also feel I was mislead by employees at cons.

In any case, I don't mind waiting, but I'm trying to get an answer to one question: I submitted some books at a con in CA in April. In that time, I've had to move out and am moving to TX next week. I was assured by representatives at a con last month that updating my address with customer service wouldn't be an issue. When I contacted customer service, they replied and said my books would be shipped out on the 6th & would get to me before my move. It's now the 11th & I have no way of knowing if they were shipped. I move in 5 days. I have 10 books with you.

I'm just looking for an answer to my question: Can someone at CBCS please update my shipping address to my new location?

Thank you.

--Joe K.
Post 152 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Joe, I have requested someone to get an answer and get in touch with you.
From what I can tell, your books are still in Dallas, but I want to have it confirmed and have someone from customer service give you the correct info.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector joe_kach private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Steve,
Thank you for the response. I called earlier today & a friendly gentlemen answered. This is the first time that's happened, so I was excited.

In any case, my address has been updated, I have been given a new delivery date, & have been given confirmation that my books from June have been received.

All good for now. Thank you again. I am sure dealing with this is annoying.

--J.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Also, thank you Poka!! Since you suggested the page, we have had 11 people sign up for the Club!! The vast majority of them said that they were referred from the forum!!

Sorry - didn’t realize. Just saw that quite a few employees are responding in the FB group.

But think positive about it - now you have 11 more members! Do I get referral fee 🙂
Post 155 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

Also, thank you Poka!! Since you suggested the page, we have had 11 people sign up for the Club!! The vast majority of them said that they were referred from the forum!!

Sorry - didn’t realize. Just saw that quite a few employees are responding in the FB group.

But think positive about it - now you have 11 more members! Do I get referral fee 🙂

I TOTALLY meant that as a compliment!!! The more the merrier!! As for a referral fee ... #soon. LOL!!!
Post 156 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O looking forward to my x-mas gift 🍺
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I've been away from the forum (and comics in general) for some time now and it looks like I missed a lot! While I am not quite ready yet to submit more books just yet, I am probably not that far off.

Could someone give me a quick recap of the situation at hand regarding the move, turn around times and maybe a guess as to when things will be even close to "normal".

Specifically what is the current TAT for "2-Day Modern" submissions and is there a goal/time-frame to when it will be closer to the advertised TAT?

Cheers!
Post 158 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Don't hold your breath. I'd wait until the moving dust settles.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Somebody erased @Varaek13 comment
Post 160 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yep.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yep.

Was it because of the bashing of the member or because of the mention of a CBCS FB bash page?
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
So much drama...
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping someone could answer a question for me.

I dropped off a few witnessed books at Dallas Fan Expo the first weekend of April. Going off of the spreadsheet at the beginning of the thread, it shows the adjusted standard TAT as 7/6 and VSP as 7/20. With the books being witnessed, should they have been done on the 6th, or is there a few weeks delayed due to there being a signature?

I emailed customer service last week about the possibility of picking up the books now that CBCS is nearby and received an answer within 30 minutes. I didn't think to ask them at the time because it was prior to the estimated completion date.

With as many emails and phone calls they're receiving on orders, I don't want to jam them up further.

Any info would be appreciated!
Post 164 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranthamJ

I dropped off a few witnessed books at Dallas Fan Expo the first weekend of April. Going off of the spreadsheet at the beginning of the thread, it shows the adjusted standard TAT as 7/6 and VSP as 7/20. With the books being witnessed, should they have been done on the 6th, or is there a few weeks delayed due to there being a signature?

No extra time for witnessed signatures. However, the "adjusted" TAT on the spreadsheet is not correct. If it were, I would have gotten my books two weeks ago.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
I believe that the spread sheet that Jake developed reflects what CBCS hopes to be a useful tool in a future time. A time when all of their issues are behind them. As I asked in an earlier post, the question is when will that time arrive?
Post 166 IP   flag post
@bythegram There was a post in the Facebook group today concerning 2 day moderns. The poster said that CBCS received the comics Monday and they were being shipped back to him today (Thursday). I believe that the day comics are received does not count as a day. So, in three days, they were graded, encapsulated and shipped. And I am not certain, but I believe that is what is considered a 2 day submission. I believe it is two days to grade and encapsulate and then ship on the third day, but I am not 100% certain on that. I know for a fact that they do NOT count the day the order is received. But regardless, two day moderns are either on time or one day behind.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector TranthamJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etkt
I believe that the spread sheet that Jake developed reflects what CBCS hopes to be a useful tool in a future time. A time when all of their issues are behind them. As I asked in an earlier post, the question is when will that time arrive?

So that was their standard TAT and not the estimated times due to the delay, thanks!
Post 168 IP   flag post
Quote:
@bythegram There was a post in the Facebook group today concerning 2 day moderns. The poster said that CBCS received the comics Monday and they were being shipped back to him today (Thursday). I believe that the day comics are received does not count as a day. So, in three days, they were graded, encapsulated and shipped. And I am not certain, but I believe that is what is considered a 2 day submission. I believe it is two days to grade and encapsulate and then ship on the third day, but I am not 100% certain on that. I know for a fact that they do NOT count the day the order is received. But regardless, two day moderns are either on time or one day behind.

I also find it highly convenient that said person is also one of CBCS's biggest fanboys on Facebook.

Post 169 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I was just passing along something that I knew concerning a question posted here. I was trying to be helpful. But go ahead and insinuate your conspiracy theories, I'm sure you have a few.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
What happened to the tool guy?

Ha.

My books, from my modern w fast pass, are only about a week late and arrive tomorrow, so that's mildly acceptable. I'm more concerned about my modern fast pass, fast press order that is approaching that 12 week mark

I got one more in system, standard, w a press, I'll look for that one in 2019
Post 171 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
What happened to the tool guy?

He got another suspension. This time for two weeks. It seems like he's working on a quick, permanent ban.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wow. CBCS actually got something through the system on time. I would be more impressed if they did that with a Canadian order and if they could show that they are capable of cutting other TATs. IMHO even if this was back to being on schedule you are not going to convince me to submit again. I can't afford to keep sending in books on 2-day (which was always 2 weeks for me) or fast pass. I got a stack waiting and I am sure it will still be there in a year. Maybe then I will just pack it away and forget the whole slabbing thing.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
@kaptainmyke I was just passing along something that I knew concerning a question posted here. I was trying to be helpful.

Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:

Jesse_O - we all want CBCS the best - otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Think about it as we are the crooks who keep the police busy, alert and on their toes!

I think the above example illustrate one of the main issues. It would seems that not all books which were moved from Florida have been unpacked whereas books submitted in Texas get graded first. I could be wrong, but this is the perception and it is unfortunate and unfair. Books should be graded in the order received!
Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Jesse_O - we all want CBCS the best - otherwise we wouldn’t be here. Think about it as we are the crooks who keep the police busy, alert and on their toes!

I think the above example illustrate one of the main issues. It would seems that not all books which were moved from Florida have been unpacked whereas books submitted in Texas get graded first. I could be wrong, but this is the perception and it is unfortunate and unfair. Books should be graded in the order received!

But that goes against the entire "2 day" order reasoning. The only way that 2 day works is that it jumps ahead of everything else, and you pay a premium for it.

Don't get me wrong mind you, the fact that my 13 week order is now on week 20 has me pretty upset. There has to be a balance somewhere. The unfortunate thing is that we are all being given the same copy/pasted email response, and told that this will eventually pass, without any real consequence for how poorly this came out. At the end of the day, we're all comic fans and we all just want our books to look their best, in a timely fashion.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a call from CBCS today about my order. They are working on it but my dashboard still says submitted. Motto is don’t take the dashboard as gospel. It obviously is not being updated properly if at all.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane313
Quote:
Quote:

But that goes against the entire "2 day" order reasoning. The only way that 2 day works is that it jumps ahead of everything else, and you pay a premium for it.

Don't get me wrong mind you, the fact that my 13 week order is now on week 20 has me pretty upset. There has to be a balance somewhere. The unfortunate thing is that we are all being given the same copy/pasted email response, and told that this will eventually pass, without any real consequence for how poorly this came out. At the end of the day, we're all comic fans and we all just want our books to look their best, in a timely fashion.

Yeah but the 2 days fast past submitted in Dallas should not go ahead of the 2 days submitted in Florida!
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector Bane313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yeah but the 2 days fast past submitted in Dallas should not go ahead of the 2 days submitted in Florida!

Oh definitely, I must have misunderstood you originally.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
I just got a call from CBCS today about my order. They are working on it but my dashboard still says submitted. Motto is don’t take the dashboard as gospel. It obviously is not being updated properly if at all.

Are you actually clicking on the invoices in the dashboard and opening them? I find a lot of people don't realize that once you open the invoice you can see the sub-status listed. For example all of mine say "Received" but when I open the invoice I can see they are in "Grading"
Post 180 IP   flag post
597898 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.