Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Collector dalkeil private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if I was the only one with a backup from the past few weeks, thanks everyone for this thread! My biggest concern is the lack of billing for the past 3 shipments of mine sitting there, around $300 each. I can't be trusted to make sure that money will be there forever LOL! I do think at this point forward tho, I'm going to start sending money orders. That way what's in the bank is mine and not CBCS'.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
People with March 12, 14 & 29 subs are setting in Grading? Yet my March 10 is still languishing in "PROCESSING"?

Im REALLY, REALLY trying to give CBCS a chance. Are there any competent people in charge of this company?

Where is this Steve Shrock (or whatever his name is?) For being touted as such a hot shot in building Comic Book grading companies, he sure has been absent from the current train wreck.
Post 127 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Where is this Steve Shrock (or whatever his name is?) For being touted as such a hot shot in building Comic Book grading companies, he sure has been absent from the current train wreck

He’s in “grading”
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkeil
I was wondering if I was the only one with a backup from the past few weeks, thanks everyone for this thread! My biggest concern is the lack of billing for the past 3 shipments of mine sitting there, around $300 each. I can't be trusted to make sure that money will be there forever LOL! I do think at this point forward tho, I'm going to start sending money orders. That way what's in the bank is mine and not CBCS'.

I started paying cash after my 1st submission not being charged for 3 months
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
People with March 12, 14 & 29 subs are setting in Grading? Yet my March 10 is still languishing in "PROCESSING"?

Im REALLY, REALLY trying to give CBCS a chance. Are there any competent people in charge of this company?

Where is this Steve Shrock (or whatever his name is?) For being touted as such a hot shot in building Comic Book grading companies, he sure has been absent from the current train wreck.

BigRed - I am surprised you are still around in this Forum. Kudos to you for being a loyal CBCS'er although not sure I understand why since you have been moaning and complaining for the past year (and with good reasons), but my guess is that you will continue to do so and still be here a year from now.
Post 130 IP   flag post

To all the new CBCS Forum members who have signed up to this Forum with the single purpose that you are concerned about you orders and the TAT.

Welcome to the Forum but if this is the only reason you signed up - sorry to break the news - but this is the wrong place. Very few CBCS employees read this Forum. Instead they like FB.

So if you are concerned about your orders - suggest you instead join the following FB group and take your grievance there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbcscomics/?ref=br_rs
Post 131 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

March 10th is the date you filled out the invoice. It was received by us on March 19th.
Your order is not in grading. It has already been graded and is in slab.
Post 132 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

March 10th is the date you filled out the invoice. It was received by us on March 19th.

It seems part of the problem is the updating of the dashboard for everyone. It seems to run behind what is actually happening. Therefore getting people angry and upset. Maybe Steve this is an area that needs looking at.
Post 133 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
the problem is the updating of the dashboard for everyone.

This. Times infinity. And beyond.
Post 134 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
I received a few books that are still in shipping status last week. No tracking or update. They just showed up. Meanwhile.... my 2 day moderns from may 25 are going on 2 months....
Post 135 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
It's crazy how that guy with the March 19th date was told his books are slabbed already and my order and orders before it are still "being slabbed" it must be a huge mess with random orders all over a table with no order
Post 136 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert86m
It's crazy how that guy with the March 19th date was told his books are slabbed already and my order and orders before it are still "being slabbed" it must be a huge mess with random orders all over a table with no order

I said his order was in slab. Meaning that it is graded and in the queue to be slabbed. The same status that your order is in. They've been graded and in the queue for slab.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I been told there in "queue" to be slabbed and been given 2 dates that all failed to complete , CBCS had no problem taking the 1,200$ fast but very slow on providing a finished product with zero idea of when March orders are supposed to be done with a solid date, But keep taking 2 day orders and pushing everyone's orders back further and further
Post 138 IP   flag post
By the time I get any books back, I'll be in a nursing home.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
To all the new CBCS Forum members who have signed up to this Forum with the single purpose that you are concerned about you orders and the TAT.

Welcome to the Forum but if this is the only reason you signed up - sorry to break the news - but this is the wrong place. Very few CBCS employees read this Forum. Instead they like FB.

So if you are concerned about your orders - suggest you instead join the following FB group and take your grievance there:

Poka, actually people who complain about the slow TAT in this Facebook group have been banned from the group. So not the best way to get your grevance resolved.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Seems like it's the "ignore it and it will go away" stance.....
Post 141 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Poka, actually people who complain about the slow TAT in this Facebook group have been banned from the group. So not the best way to get your grevance resolved.

Agreed, I don’t think the group is official in any way. One of the mods was angry at people for complaining about CBCS slab security, likening All of them to kids that were never beaten into submission by their parents, I got banned for calling him out on it.

It’s more of a “be positive about CBCS or get banned group”.
Post 142 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

Much appreciate the info Steve, In light of the frustrations and concerns many(myself included,)have been expressing, I can only image the frustrations on the CBCS side of things. Despite some of the criticism's I have voiced recently, I really am rooting for CBCS to be successful.

Thanks Again for Chiming in.

John
Post 143 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
#SOON
Post 144 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
March 22 - Grading
I got two other orders in processing.
My fast pass from March 28 is back (no joke)

Just sitting back drinking a cold brew pressed juice!
Post 145 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

Doesn't Jesse_O run that group?
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

Really? I have no idea who dropped the banhammer there, could be.
Post 147 IP   flag post
Yes. Definitely him. I've heard stories.
Post 148 IP   flag post
Quote:
Yes. Definitely him. I've heard stories.

Uhhhh ok. Hopefully my post doesnt count as openly questioning the decisions of a moderator then. Not looking to get a strike in that thread here 😑
Post 149 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I DO run that page. And I TRY to keep the Club and the forum separate in terms of how I moderate. Believe it or not, people do act differently in different settings. I try to not let someone's actions or words there effect how I interact with them here, and vice versa. I do not always succeed at this, but I do try. I also try to look out for what is best for group harmony. I think anyone who is currently on the Facebook page can tell you that there are PLENTY of people complaining about slow TATs!!! People do not get banned for that sole reason. I will not discuss why an individual got banned on that page here, any more than I would discuss why someone got banned here on Facebook. As for stories about me, always consider the source.

Also, thank you Poka!! Since you suggested the page, we have had 11 people sign up for the Club!! The vast majority of them said that they were referred from the forum!!
Post 150 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I've been on the CBCS Facebook fan page from the beginning. It's IS a FAN page. But that said, the mods are far, far more tolerant of criticism of CBCS and themselves than say the fan pages of virtually any other FB group I've ever belonged to. Just like this CBCS forum tolerates criticism and discussion of competitors like 10,000% better than those guys across the street.

But ultimately it is a FAN page. If one despises CBCS, then they should go start their own "they suck" FB group or join some existing one.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector joe_kach private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I know this is a long-shot, but I'm hoping for some help from either Steve or Jake.

I understand sh!t happens, and appreciate y'all attempting to keep folks updated here, but charging as much as you do for these services & providing very little transparency during this debacle is really not cool. I also feel I was mislead by employees at cons.

In any case, I don't mind waiting, but I'm trying to get an answer to one question: I submitted some books at a con in CA in April. In that time, I've had to move out and am moving to TX next week. I was assured by representatives at a con last month that updating my address with customer service wouldn't be an issue. When I contacted customer service, they replied and said my books would be shipped out on the 6th & would get to me before my move. It's now the 11th & I have no way of knowing if they were shipped. I move in 5 days. I have 10 books with you.

I'm just looking for an answer to my question: Can someone at CBCS please update my shipping address to my new location?

Thank you.

--Joe K.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Joe, I have requested someone to get an answer and get in touch with you.
From what I can tell, your books are still in Dallas, but I want to have it confirmed and have someone from customer service give you the correct info.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector joe_kach private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Steve,
Thank you for the response. I called earlier today & a friendly gentlemen answered. This is the first time that's happened, so I was excited.

In any case, my address has been updated, I have been given a new delivery date, & have been given confirmation that my books from June have been received.

All good for now. Thank you again. I am sure dealing with this is annoying.

--J.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Also, thank you Poka!! Since you suggested the page, we have had 11 people sign up for the Club!! The vast majority of them said that they were referred from the forum!!

Sorry - didn’t realize. Just saw that quite a few employees are responding in the FB group.

But think positive about it - now you have 11 more members! Do I get referral fee 🙂
Post 155 IP   flag post
601281 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.