Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Would be smarter if they stopped taking any submissions at all until the current books are received and in grading.

Kapainmyke, that WOULD be the ideal thing to do... but that's common sense, which isn't too common these days....geez, even pgx resolved issues quicker, and responded to emails and calls...
Post 101 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix
Got one book back with a tear, that wasnt there prior. But whatever...

Unless there are photographs to back that claim, it is unsubstantiated allegations.
Post 102 IP   flag post
I have pics of all my books
Post 103 IP   flag post
Got an 8.5, although it was nm/m when I sent it. But again, whatever. I've learned my lesson with 2 of the 3 grading companies.
Post 104 IP   flag post
I'm sure the response would be that I packed it improperly, although I've been shipping comics for 20+ years, and haven't damaged one yet. LikeI said, lessons learned...the hard way.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Unknown private msg quote post Address this user
I hear ya. I standardized my shipping years ago so I don’t fall for the improperly packaged cop out.

My business side says to sell them, buy other ones, make a note of expected grades and send more in.

I am also tempted to just crack and resubmit to CGC. Not sure how much upside there is though.

It’s 3/10 books. ASM 300 and 2 copies of UXM 101 graded 6.0,6.5,6.5. I didn’t make any special notes so it is purely gut expecting 8’s. Once the cycle is complete I will try again and take notes.

But for you guys the train seems to be moving. :-)
Post 106 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
my ASM 101 and ASM 102 is stuck somewhere on a uhaul, a PODs, or on a table somewhere.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
my ASM 101 and ASM 102 is stuck somewhere on a uhaul, a PODs, or on a table somewhere.

Pics or it didnt happen, remember?
Post 108 IP   flag post
Good one.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
First: Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderwomen1416
CBCS stole my comics!!! I haven’t heard anything from them and I submitted mine at a Comic Con back in April. This angers me so much. I cant believe 12 of my most prized book are gone. I don’t know what to do. Should I get a lawyer? I called and left countless messages. No one got back to me. I’m sick to my stomach overall of this!
No one stole your books. As I explained before Receiving is behind as well. As Jake explained before calling/emailing multiple times only impedes the process of someone being able to get back to you because now, instead of having one voicemail/email to respond to there are several.

Second: Quote:
Yeah I got some disappointing grades. Cracked em. Got one book back with a tear, that wasnt there prior. But whatever...
I can't say it's an impossibility that the book was torn while in our hands but do you have images to back up this claim?Quote:
Got an 8.5, although it was nm/m when I sent it. But again, whatever. I've learned my lesson with 2 of the 3 grading companies.
Look at the grading notes on the book in question. You can't rule out that maybe there's something you missed before you sent it in.

Third: Quote:
Would be smarter if they stopped taking any submissions at all until the current books are received and in grading.
Think about this for a moment. We can't control the number of books coming in through the mail. We also can't just back out of conventions that were booked in advance of this happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
I guess the disappointment for me is that if the move and minimizing impact was the priority then why attend 3 cons on the weekend?
Convention staff and office staff are completely separate.
Post 110 IP   flag post
I press my own books, and send only what I'm pretty positive would get 9.6 to 9.8s. Been collecting 30+ years and the book in question did not have the damage prior to sending it. I also sent it in a thick toploader, inside a Gemini, inside a box, with peanuts galore.. I am not looking for $$ on this, but I would like my 2 day order from may 25th addressed. A partial refund on that, and any other late orders, a free membership renewal, something to show some good faith to customers should be provided by leadership.

Post 111 IP   flag post

Post 112 IP   flag post

Before I sent in.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser

Now THAT for sure is not true. Come on, brah. We all know better.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Excelsiorcomix I've already stated it's not up to me to issue any kind of refunds, credits etc.

Quote:
Quote:

Now THAT for sure is not true. Come on, brah. We all know better.
It's 100% true whether you choose to believe it or not. Previously we were utilizing office staff for conventions but now we don't have that option.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Not suggesting you are the man to speak to on that, but could possibly pass along. Thanks.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Previously we were utilizing office staff for conventions but now we don't have that option

Thank you for clarifying this. I wasn't trying to start something, just going by convention appearances last year, that's all.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 118 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Processing
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
A few questions (my apologies if these have been addressed previously):

1) when does CBCS expect to be "caught up" such that the TAT Estimator spreadsheet developed by Jake will reflect what one can actually expect from a TAT perspective?

2) what sort of algorithm (assuming that is a fair descriptor) is used to accommodate the receipt and processing of 2 Day Modern submissions received after my Modern, Expanded, and Consumer submissions are already in the system to be processed? In other words, if you attempt to meet the advertised TATs on 2-Day Modern submissions, and you receive a huge number, how will you ever get to my books?

3) similar to above, when CBCS receives "fast pass" submissions after receipt of my non-fast pass submission how does that impact my submission in the queue from a TAT perspective? What algorithm is employed to ensure that my books are ultimately graded and returned to me?
Post 120 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@Etkt Questions 2 & 3 seem sorta difficult to answer as asked...

There is no "algorithm". Perhaps what you are thinking about is a work flow management system = something used in lots of businesses including comic grading companies. CBCS obviously has a work flow management system, they essentially define it in paragraphs 2-4 of "Our Process" under the grading link

"Every invoice of comics submitted to CBCS enters the receiving department where each shipment is carefully opened and fully inspected. The comics are checked against the submission order form to ensure all comics are accounted for.

A barcode is generated from your invoice number for your specific order tiers which are tied to your personal account. The barcode is scanned at every step of the certification process. This insures that the order is always easily tracked through our system at every stage of the process it is at. Each comic in your order will also have a barcode sticker placed on the mylar or bag in came in, which also allows us to track any single comic in your submission.

Once receiving has finished processing the books, the comics either enter our secure vault to await grading or is brought directly into the grading room."

The work flow management system is what ensures books stay in their relative time frame. Fast track books and more expensive tiers (like your mentioned 2 day modern) are assigned a higher priority.

Keep in mind that if you send in a mixed submission - say some books fast tracked, some not AND request that all get shipped back together, that the SLOWEST tier in that submission is what will determine the Turn Around Time.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Well books in grading stage. Sub march 29
Post 122 IP   flag post
Cool, your march 29 books will be graded prior to my 2 day moderns from may 29th still in received status... at least someone is seeing some movement.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
Be prepared to see those books in grading for some time. My march 14 standard sub was in grading 3 weeks before the move and are STILL in grading.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
My March 12th order still sitting in grading also
Post 125 IP   flag post
Collector dalkeil private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if I was the only one with a backup from the past few weeks, thanks everyone for this thread! My biggest concern is the lack of billing for the past 3 shipments of mine sitting there, around $300 each. I can't be trusted to make sure that money will be there forever LOL! I do think at this point forward tho, I'm going to start sending money orders. That way what's in the bank is mine and not CBCS'.
Post 126 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
People with March 12, 14 & 29 subs are setting in Grading? Yet my March 10 is still languishing in "PROCESSING"?

Im REALLY, REALLY trying to give CBCS a chance. Are there any competent people in charge of this company?

Where is this Steve Shrock (or whatever his name is?) For being touted as such a hot shot in building Comic Book grading companies, he sure has been absent from the current train wreck.
Post 127 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Where is this Steve Shrock (or whatever his name is?) For being touted as such a hot shot in building Comic Book grading companies, he sure has been absent from the current train wreck

He’s in “grading”
Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector _satan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalkeil
I was wondering if I was the only one with a backup from the past few weeks, thanks everyone for this thread! My biggest concern is the lack of billing for the past 3 shipments of mine sitting there, around $300 each. I can't be trusted to make sure that money will be there forever LOL! I do think at this point forward tho, I'm going to start sending money orders. That way what's in the bank is mine and not CBCS'.

I started paying cash after my 1st submission not being charged for 3 months
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
People with March 12, 14 & 29 subs are setting in Grading? Yet my March 10 is still languishing in "PROCESSING"?

Im REALLY, REALLY trying to give CBCS a chance. Are there any competent people in charge of this company?

Where is this Steve Shrock (or whatever his name is?) For being touted as such a hot shot in building Comic Book grading companies, he sure has been absent from the current train wreck.

BigRed - I am surprised you are still around in this Forum. Kudos to you for being a loyal CBCS'er although not sure I understand why since you have been moaning and complaining for the past year (and with good reasons), but my guess is that you will continue to do so and still be here a year from now.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600868 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.