Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Given the Title of this thread

It's even more telling by the lack of any response from the moderators who started it.

Seems its not even worthy of the effort to put up the foot dragging Empty promises anymore.

Funny.... The only thing CBCS didn't foot drag on, was charging my credit card.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
I'd start handling some damage control if I were management at this point. Not looking too good.....
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Varaek13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
@Varaek13 Request CBR to do a story. Have them read the message boards.
Done! Don't be surprised to see a story on it shortly lol
Post 53 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
What a rough year it’s been for CBCS and customers. From the security issue to crazy TATs to this and plummeting resale value. I don’t know how they can possibly recover from this latest mess, But I hope they do somehow. It may take years.

I cannot send my books to a fraudulent company like PGX. I cannot send my books to CGC only to get them back badly graded in a sealed up coffin full of greasy newton rings.

No options.

This sucks.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
with how bad things have gotten with cbcs i see a name change in the future. beckett will try and rebrand because the reputation cbcs has now will do them no good.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted 13 books at a con in Charlotte in mid April. They still say processing. I like CBCS more than the others. I know they said a 12 week turn around time and I was thinking in my head it would probably me mid August when I get them back. I didn't mind the wait. But reading some of these comments it might be longer.

I understand some of the delays but I figure they should know a rough estimate of how many books are done a day/week and how many books are in the system to be done. They should be able to provide a more accurate turn around time. I would rather my dashboard tell me im getting the books back later, even if its September or October, than have my 12 weeks come up and wonder when Im getting them.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I got a response on Facebook, and an email to contact. Stephen- Please email me: sborock@cbcscomics and I will look into this for you.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Must be nice, I've been complaining forever and have been dogged on this. Not a good feeling when you put your trust in a company, and get no response to concerns...
Post 58 IP   flag post
I trolled them hard on every platform until this guy contacted me. No mercy
Post 59 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think it's even more telling that Jake's own forum profile incorrectly links the forum with a broken website link under his new little blue "Website" hyperlink under his forum account name.
Post 60 IP   flag post
My membership is up July 14th. Not sure I'll be renewing it....
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix

You will. There are too many people whining on this forum. Just don’t submit if you don’t like the TATs. Very easy choice.
Post 62 IP   flag post
Haha!!! Right.....
Post 63 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 64 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
So I haven't been on here in the past few days, and there are certainly some things to address. I’m not going to respond to everyone, but there are some comments that really need some responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
My Books submitted March 10,2018 are now almost a month behind the stated 12 week TAT, still setting at "Processing"

I really like for my books to be in CBCS slabs. The presents of another legitimate grading company is a positive thing for the hobby.

I can certainly understand a new start up company having some "growing pains", but at this point I believe CBCS has now been around long enough that they can no longer use that excuse.

Then it was the Hurricane excuse

Now it's the "Moving" excuse

I feel that many customers really want to give CBCS the benefit of the doubt that they can become a legitimate peer to CGC, but are growing weary with the lack of progression CBCS continues to promise with their services but never seems to materialize (TAT's, Registry, Concise on-Line Submission features, Consistent customer service and a wider range of Shipping options.

Unless CBCS can address the issues's above in a MAJOR way, in the next year, they will certainly never gain a market share of any substantial meaning in which they would be able to elevate themselves to realistically put any real pressure on CGC.

If not, I fear they will end up fading into just another second tier grading company

@BigRedOne1944 We are sorry your order is behind, much like all the orders submitted around that time. Like I stated last time, we are doing our best working at getting the turnaround reigned back in. Our entire team has been working extended hours, and some weekends doing what they can to get things back under control.

The hurricane situation last year was not an excuse but an explanation of how the TAT turned into a multi headed hydra late last year. That heavy dent in our turnaround time is well behind us with no relation to the current TAT and I don’t see the point treading that ground again.

TAT’s are always of concern, even when we are on time or running ahead of schedule. The registry and our online submission form (something I personally harp on constantly) are something that need overhauled from top to bottom. I completely agree.

For our customer service (currently one other employee along with myself, with various staff from other departments assisting), there could certainly be some improvements. I want more staff answering emails, and calls with a better manual as to how to fix issues people have with their accounts, orders and show submissions, but everyone needs to understand that we are getting to the phones and emails as best we can and it still piles up fast, with impatient and repetitive questions, most of which could be answered by a quick log in to our website and a half glance at your account dashboard. No the website isn’t the best, but it is a start. And for every call and email that needs replied to, it takes someone off of getting an order out the door. The more we fall behind, the more calls and emails of course, but it turns into a very cyclical problem. I’m not trying to shrug off that it needs improving, but I want to be honest with everyone in what is happening behind the scenes.

I don’t understand the complaint about shipping options, as right now we offer more varied shipping options than what any other grading company currently has to offer.

Our market share is constantly growing and growing the company is always on the list of to do’s, but our priority as it stands right now is getting the TATs back in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaek13
I need to know when I am getting my stuff. It's been over 13 weeks and I have not been updated at all, and any emails or calls I make go ignored. This is unacceptable and it needs to be addressed

No one is ignoring your calls or your emails.

Quote:
My girl has actually contested the charges to her Credit Card. She submitted a bunch of signed and authenticated Stan Lee books, however, she never received any notifications or order numbers.Also, every attempt to contact them has been ignored. She feels like she was robbed. Next step is going to be legal action if she doesn't hear anything soon

Three things with this.
Check the spam folder for the email registered to her account. If it was over a month ago that the order was received, it probably would have been auto deleted out of the spam.
There is a possibility that it was entered into an account email that was similar but not the same due to a typo (email@email.com becomes emial@email.com)

PM me the email so I can look into it.

Quote:
I think we should get 1 free press and grade for this bullshit. We submitted at a convention and we were told that it would be expedited. We were lied to

@Varaek13 By whom and for what? Your order is at 11 weeks, nearing 12 weeks and was due out 7/20/18 due to the VSP’s on the order. This is including that week that our office was in the back of an 18 wheeler.
I noticed that every one of your post just seem to be trying to rile people up and concern troll on here, You even go on to post
Quote:
I trolled them hard on every platform until this guy contacted me. No mercy

If you are going to complain, at least make sure you aren’t just untruthful. There are clients that have orders that are actually late and you have just wasted my time in having to look up your order information. By the way, you have yet to email us, unless it was from a different email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahSult
with how bad things have gotten with cbcs i see a name change in the future. beckett will try and rebrand because the reputation cbcs has now will do them no good.

No that isn't going to happen. We are sticking to our name, and our reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:

You will. There are too many people whining on this forum. Just don’t submit if you don’t like the TATs. Very easy choice.

I would understand anyone holding off on submitting till our house is in order. I get it, I truly do.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Haha!!! Right.....

Don’t submit.
Post 66 IP   flag post
It's funny when someone complains about "whining", because that person in essence is whining themselves. Allow people to voice opinions and state facts. Which all of these are... facts. Are orders late? Yes. Is customer service lacking? Yes. Are 2 day turnarounds taking over a month and a half... abso-fing-lutely...
Post 67 IP   flag post
I've still not heard anything on this 2 day order. My email was answered with, your captain america book is grading now. The order in question is 6 two day moderns. Not even the same order. Help??
Post 68 IP   flag post
And i dont plan on submitting. I sent my last book in weeks ago and as I said, my membership is up and I wont be renewing. At least until cbcs is in order.... obviously there are alot of disgruntled folks on here, and some damage control is definitely needed.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Nobody believes you man. Sounds to me like you're just trying to cover your tracks for a huge screw up. My order is definitely well over 11 weeks I have it marked on the calendar when I submitted it when you took the money and when I actually got confirmation that it's on its way soon. So nice try guy have fun
Post 70 IP   flag post
And it's also funny how all of a sudden we're hearing something from them once I raised hell on every platform I could think of. It took trolling and threatening legal action to get any kind of an answer out of them
Post 71 IP   flag post
FORMER CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
And it's also funny how all of a sudden we're hearing something from them once I raised hell on every platform I could think of. It took trolling and threatening legal action to get any kind of an answer out of them

Here is what I know, your trolling didn't cause any posting in this thread. We have not received an email from you at any point, and if your girlfriend is having issues with her order, I need information to fix it.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
Quote:

Here is what I know, your trolling didn't cause any posting in this thread. We have not received an email from you at any point, and if your girlfriend is having issues with her order, I need information to fix it.

Is there going to be some sort reimbursement for those effected negatively? My 24 week order is 30+ and still only says received. My 20 fast track orders that was submitted by trinity by the end of april beginning of May i don't even see it in my dash board, Matt says it's with you guys *shrugs.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
I vouch for Jake and I believe the sincerity of his post; he is a no bullshit kinda guy...don't get me wrong, I'm also hurting by the lack of improved TAT's and communication but as someone who is somewhat familiar with the behind-the-scenes, I know they are bombarded and overwhelmed. @Jake_Fleming, I appreciate you posting the response; i was telling Tim in Vegas, the public communication goes along way...better to over-communicate when you can rather than under-communicate.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
Jake,

I have a couple of questions for mostly my own understanding. I used your spreadsheet to check out the expected turn around for an order received by CBCS on 03/12/2018 and one submitted during the Gem City con. The 03/12/2018 order is exactly 4 weeks past expected date. Now, for me to understand the spreadsheet, is that normal or is the spreadsheet accurate for orders that old? The Gem City order was due about 2 weeks ago so the same question for it. Lastly, when an order goes into "Grading" status, and there are say, only three modern books in the order, wouldn't one expect the grading process to be relatively short? I ask because the 03/12/2018 order has been in grading status for over a month (I can't say exactly when since the sub-status records don't show a date). Does there need to be a new status introduced that falls between received and grading?

Thanks for your time.

Marc
Post 75 IP   flag post
Collector Triplecdad private msg quote post Address this user
So I drive the two hours to Phoenix Comic Fest (which by the way is apparently changing its name because it no longer wants to be called a comic book con) to submit 18 of my books. Having never done this before, I am nervous. Some of these, such as FF 49 and 50, I bought off the rack so have held onto them for a long time.CGC is there, but I am terrified of being stricken with Newton Ring syndrome, let alone what might occur with my books, so I avoid that booth. CBCS is helpful and away the books go. That was in May. Honestly, I just checked my dashboard, and nothing is there. But, you know what? They are comic books. They get more valuable with age. The sky is not falling because CBCS cannot grade them overnight. I take a deep breath and think positive. Gee whiz, a small company made a move across the country and its orders got delayed!!! That has never happened before to anyone else . . .
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Jake_Fleming Thanks for your post! It means a lot to many of us just to know that someone is still there and listening. Looking forward to any further updates, even very brief ones. I, for one, greatly appreciate all that CBCS does. I know problems happen.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triplecdad
So I drive the two hours to Phoenix Comic Fest (which by the way is apparently changing its name because it no longer wants to be called a comic book con) to submit 18 of my books. Having never done this before, I am nervous. Some of these, such as FF 49 and 50, I bought off the rack so have held onto them for a long time.CGC is there, but I am terrified of being stricken with Newton Ring syndrome, let alone what might occur with my books, so I avoid that booth. CBCS is helpful and away the books go. That was in May. Honestly, I just checked my dashboard, and nothing is there. But, you know what? They are comic books. They get more valuable with age. The sky is not falling because CBCS cannot grade them overnight. I take a deep breath and think positive. Gee whiz, a small company made a move across the country and its orders got delayed!!! That has never happened before to anyone else . . .

The biggest issue is when you paid extra for it to be done quickly and it ends up taking longer then standard pass. But even standard passes CONSISTENTLY going over deadlines is unacceptable IMO. Should they not be held responsible for their TaTs? Hell, how about no one is held accountable for deadlines....Hey doc that STAT surgey lets do it next week. Hey innocent guy in jail we are pushing your trial another year don't worry you will have 3 hots and a cot in the mean time.

Maybe CBCS should take a survey for those who actually care about deadlines and those who don't...those who do get their sh!t on time while the others get it when CBCS gets to it?
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
There are a couple of things I'd like to mention that may or may not have been addressed.

1) ABSOLUTELY no one is more disappointed and frustrated with CBCS right now than those of us that work here. We're doing as much as we can as quickly as we can to get things back on track but it's going to take some time.

2) We're not operating at 100% (obviously) and the main reason for that is not everyone in the company made the move to Dallas. Most of the graders made the move but we had a number of people in Customer Service/Receiving, Production and Shipping that did not. The simple solution to this is hire more people, however, it's not that easy of a fix. Sure, we could just bring whoever in to fill the positions that are vacant right now but is that what anyone really wants? We'd much rather screen potential new hires effectively and make sure that the people that will be handling your books fully understand how to do that properly.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
There are a couple of things I'd like to mention that may or may not have been addressed.

1) ABSOLUTELY no one is more disappointed and frustrated with CBCS right now than those of us that work here. We're doing as much as we can as quickly as we can to get things back on track but it's going to take some time.

2) We're not operating at 100% (obviously) and the main reason for that is not everyone in the company made the move to Dallas. Most of the graders made the move but we had a number of people in Customer Service/Receiving, Production and Shipping that did not. The simple solution to this is hire more people, however, it's not that easy of a fix. Sure, we could just bring whoever in to fill the positions that are vacant right now but is that what anyone really wants? We'd much rather screen potential new hires effectively and make sure that the people that will be handling your books fully understand how to do that properly.

So that's it? All those negatively effected are S.O.L? No sort of good will gesture? Here is an idea free membership renewals. It costs you nothing and may keep some if not all your customers who are annoyed and contemplating going to the other side of the street. Remember CGC on average still sell for more, TaTs are better(ATM,) and they have enough clout/money to have exclusive rights to conventions (re reading that sentence makes me wonder why I'm still here lol) as a newer business, reputation is extremely important as I'm sure you guys know. It Might be a hard pill to swallow for those who only have a couple of submissions for slabbing that are effected but again it costs you NOTHING and I'd imagine will go a long way in the long run. Just my 2 cents. Only grading company I've ever used is CBCS never bothered with the other guys, I like rooting for the underdog Mark and the rest of the ASP team are good guys that I like dealing with. Here's to my overdue submissions all coming back as 9.8's or better
Post 80 IP   flag post
601492 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.