Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
@poka

I added some pics, albeit blurry above. Standard, and modern, with no other services and these are regular size issues of modern through bronze, and a submission of only silver as well.

Thanks,
Post 276 IP   flag post
@poka

April 21 and may 2 on the dates
Post 277 IP   flag post

So all of my submissions were now added onto one invoice because of a "mixup", that somehow stated i wanted my books returned ungraded. Im about over this company. I was told they were in QC STATUS, then they were in grading, and now they will be rushed through grading.... Give me a break!!!!
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector joe_kach private msg quote post Address this user
Hey All,
I wanted to provide a quick update regarding my situation now that I've moved & starting to get settled.

I got my first batch of books just fine. A little later than the spreadsheet promised, but I got them, & when all was said & done, the delay wasn't actually that bad for me. I think the frustration more lies with people not get responses to their voicemails & emails which tends to cause us fans to freak out a little. Things may have improved now, but I think if y'all got a few extra people on the phones/emails to re-assure people the problem wouldn't be as bad as it seems.

Looking forward to my next batch, which I have been getting regular updates about & that is nice. Also going a bit slower than expected, but as long as there's transparency, I don't mind. Not sure why none of the orders are showing up in my dashboard, but no big deal for now.

Thanks again.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix
I was told I'd get a check in the mail. Checks were supposedly cut on the 21st. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send it.

Anyone else hear anything like this? Receive anything? See any updates regarding credits due to the move? I still haven't.

I may still be submitting currently, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten that I had to wait nearly a month for a 2 day modern order that should have shipped BEFORE the move and never should have taken the trip to TX -- nor that it cost me $ b/c the market was saturated by the time I finally did receive it :/
Post 280 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I get the frustration from everyone but I'm not sure all the complaining is actually helping. I don't believe for one second that CBCS isn't doing everything they can to rectify this situation as quickly as possible. Causing a sh!t storm in this forum and elsewhere does nothing to get your books faster. I'm not saying to sit quietly and just accept what's happening but how about trying to work with them, give them the benefit of the doubt, that everyone at CBCS is trying. I want my books back too but screaming to the high heavens and threatening...whatever..accomplishes nothing and likely makes things move slower not faster. You can't rush the Grading step anyway..why would you want to? There is a way to inform a business of your dissatisfaction and screaming bloody murder is definitely not the way.
Post 281 IP   flag post
Any company that does not want to hear the good and the bad, should not have a forum, or Facebook page. Along with positive feedback comes the negative. Part of being in any business...
Post 282 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Of course!! Negative feedback is part of the deal for sure...but there are ways of communicating that negative feedback.....civil communication is preferred.
Post 283 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I get the frustration from everyone but I'm not sure all the complaining is actually helping. I don't believe for one second that CBCS isn't doing everything they can to rectify this situation as quickly as possible. Causing a sh!t storm in this forum and elsewhere does nothing to get your books faster. I'm not saying to sit quietly and just accept what's happening but how about trying to work with them, give them the benefit of the doubt, that everyone at CBCS is trying. I want my books back too but screaming to the high heavens and threatening...whatever..accomplishes nothing and likely makes things move slower not faster. You can't rush the Grading step anyway..why would you want to? There is a way to inform a business of your dissatisfaction and screaming bloody murder is definitely not the way.

I totally disagree with this. The delays are CBCS’s not ours and we should expect TATs be honoured by the company. When they are not they are fair game for criticism
Post 284 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I totally disagree with this. The delays are CBCS’s not ours and we should expect TATs be honoured by the company. When they are not they are fair game for criticism

I don't think anyone is disputing whether criticism is fair or not....we all know it is...but can't criticism be civilly communicated? That's all I'm saying...lets not allow high emotions and tempers get the better of us when criticizing.
Post 285 IP   flag post
In plain language, lets not be effing pricks about it....these are people/human beings trying to do their jobs.
Post 286 IP   flag post
People are losing money on volatile spec books, due to poor planning, and exection. Being bought out by beckett should have been a well though out improvement, but instead seems like a quick, poorly thought out, and rash move. People have every right to bitch in whatever form or fashion they so desire. Thats why this is a forum. Theres no need to slander a company, but there is definitely room for people to voice satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Part of retail business.
Post 287 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Has anyone received this portal link via CBCS? If yes, is there a default password that you could private message me?
This was given to me when inquiring about an order that had to be split because of pressing vs non pressing.
Post 288 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
I am still bitching my order was submitted on March 12th I have watched now 6 orders submitted after mine get finished and shipped that are using the same tier level week 21 done now onto week 22 at this rate I doubt I will see them back this month even maybe 65 comics at once is to hard of a task for them right now
Post 289 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this today and thought it was pertinent to the conversation...I've said it before and I'll say it again, TAT's with either grading company has always gone up and down, that is just how it goes. People will complain about CBCS and threaten to leave/stop using them etc but then people do the same with CGC. The TAT's always go in waves...CBCS is currently behind but someday soon CBCS will be back to being quicker than CGC

** I intentionally removed some of the comments on the thread so i could get one screen capture with very similar comments to what I have seen about CBCS lately to show that it happens on both sides of the isle.

I personally have an order with CGC that was submitted around June 20th that still has not been "received" by CGC (I have orders with CBCS submitted early July that haven't been "received" I'm not trying to defend either company cause it does suck, but people need to realize that it is not specific to CBCS AT ALL and that if you are patient, everything will work out.
Post 290 IP   flag post
These companies should not offer 2 day service, express, fast pass etc, if they cannot deliver. All other tiers should state, "you'll get them when we get to them". Plain and simple, dont offer a service, nor charge for one that you cannot deliver.
Post 291 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
I submitted some books in April. I hope to have them back by the first of September. I understand CBCS is busy and I knew there might be a long TAT when I submitted. I just wish along with the TAT they would say something like there are X number of books ahead of mine or X number of orders. I would rather see something like there are 3000 books ahead of mine and watch it go down each week than just seeing that there is a 12 week TAT when im on week 16.
Post 292 IP   flag post
They used to provide TAT updates on the Facebook page. Need to start doing that again
Post 293 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
@Excelsiorcomix Only problem is that would be almost useless how they seem to be doing stuff now unless they sit people down and tell them you need to pay attention to submission dates and they have to have an order of doing things
Post 294 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
On a somewhat different topic.

Personally, I feel that whatever important announcements that need to be made should be broadcast on all their respective sites. Whether it be these forums, Facebook and especially the web site's home page.

I do not use Facebook at all. I do not intend to create an account. Targeting information should be made to inform as many folks as possible.
Post 295 IP   flag post
I totally get the frustration and I agree that the visible public communication could be better; however, CBCS does not have a PR/Marketing/Social Media employee staffed so all the communication you see is from Graders, Customer Service employees and the employees that attend the conventions. And don't even get me started on their IT/web dept. So as much as it seems like they are messaging in all the wrong areas (or not messaging at all), it is more because they don't have someone to manage that stuff, not because they are doing it intentionally. CBCS is still a relatively "new" company so this is just part of the growing pains.

I know it keeps seeming like i'm constantly defending CBCS (which I guess to some extent, I am) but I'm really just trying to help people see the bigger picture and trying to let you guys know, they are trying to fix the things that are broken as slow as that process may be
Post 296 IP   flag post
Post 297 IP   flag post
As someone who has been in retail management for 23 years, now at corporate level. The customer should be treated as right, this is correct. The one company that gets this right is costco, and all companies can take a lesson from them. They understand that customers drive the business, and hold to that. At the end of the day, the customers sign cbcs paychecks. And if they cant catch up, they need to limit the shows, hire up, cross train, or pay overtime if they are not already. Im sure beckett has some folks that can learn to grade,encase, pack and ship comic books. Im sure at some point it will level out, but the forums and pages are necessary, so rhey can see what they are doing right, and wrong, and correct the issues. Criticism and praise all come with the territory.
Post 298 IP   flag post
Collector LemonMonster private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how many people are apart of CBCS company as employees compared to CGC?
Post 299 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMonster
Does anyone know how many people are apart of CBCS company as employees compared to CGC?

@TimBildhauser posted this a few weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
All except one of our graders made the move from Florida to Texas. All other departments were affected significantly. We went from about 30 employees total to about 13.

I don't know how many employees CGC has but I know its way more than 13.
Post 300 IP   flag post
Collector LemonMonster private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks Thank you
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
If only 1 grader didn't move to Florida then that is a plus for CBCS as I think that is the most difficult part of the process. The rest of the personnel can easily be replaced as finding persons that have previous experience with customer service, placing books inside the well, receiving packages, etc. would be an easier task in my humble opinion.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I tried, unsuccessfully, to find a post or a notice that I believe I saw. I am not 100% certain of this, but I believe that the shipping and receiving duties are being combined with Beckett. I do not know about any other departments, but I would think that at some point, the customer service of both companies would be handled by one combined department. It is my understanding that they moved to the same physical building as Beckett, so these changes would only make sense to me.

edit - I would think the billing department could be combined as well.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix
These companies should not offer 2 day service, express, fast pass etc, if they cannot deliver. All other tiers should state, "you'll get them when we get to them". Plain and simple, dont offer a service, nor charge for one that you cannot deliver.

This is my biggest point of frustration. I've said this before on here or the other "whining" thread. If the fast pass was purchased, or special tier was selected, and the deadline was missed their should be compensation. I paid for a fast pass and fast press on my order in April. 12 week tat was stated. Still no order
Post 304 IP   flag post
I was told the checks are coming from india. And that they would take weeks. INDIA?????
Post 305 IP   flag post
600678 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.