Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I thought I'd share what Steve Borock posted as a reply to a comment on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club facebook page earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Borock
We at CBCS agree with much of what you are all saying and we are hearing this from many new as well as repeat customers. We first want to start by apologizing for the delay. We want any and all comics to get in and out as quickly as possible. It does us no good to keep comics any longer then we have to, especially when you are paying for a faster turnaround. We apologize for the delay and are doing all we can to get back on track to get books turned around in the manner that you expect. We were surprisingly stunned with the positive response of orders we received during the transition period to Dallas. Along with the growing number of shows and submissions from them. The comic hobby is strong and we appreciate people submitting to CBCS.

We (Beckett and CBCS) prides ourselves on customer service and the highest quality grading in the industry which makes comments, customer reviews, and posts like this tough for us. We know that getting your comics back in the time you wanted/expected was the ideal situation and we are truly sorry we could not make that happen. We have our crew working seven days a week right now to get books invoiced, graded, and shipped so we can get back to the service you and others require. To be very honest, we expected the move and transition to go much faster than it did or has. To move an entire staff along with such sensitive/valuable collectibles, it simply was more than we expected or planned for. Right now, We can only say that we are truly sorry and will make sure this is corrected for all CBCS customers.

Any questions or concerns can be addressed by emailing Greg Miller at: gmiller@cbcscomics.com
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting that Jesse,

This is all I was looking for, some acknowledgement that CBCS was overwhelmed and falling behind, even more so than was expected from the move.

Please stop giving me a vague cookie cutter response (Even though a lot of cut n paste is needed when so many are crying about their books) at least change the wording, take some ownership and so responsibility. I don't like that I am on week 18 of a 12 week TAT, but if I had gotten this kind of message, I would have felt a lot better.

[soapbox]
Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I am hitting week 17.. no press, just regular submission with payment submitted with submission.

eh..

Now I am regretting signing up for another year.

I hope I get some type of courtesy letter or response with my submission about the delay for being patient and the delay.. shoot when I am making a pizza and the pizza is late coming out of the oven, I do my best to keep that customer happy by offering some small compensation for the delay. I'm not CBCS and I'm now trying to figure out the business model they got set up.

my $58 points are now $27 and I hear "mess up in the system" and "soon" so much.

Thank you for the post Jesse, I would hope to get this letter personalized sent to me when I receive my submission back, but I'm just a no name joe schmoe so I'm not even worth the time and respect for that to them.

#soon
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
btw I am not out to offend anyone I'm just clueless right now. I've never b'd about cbcs before, maybe I'm having a bad day and that is is still not an excuse, so I apologize if I made my reply sound as if I was b'ing and confrontational cause I'm not being like that, I just felt left in the dark but that post Jesse put up clarifies it up.

Thank you.
Post 254 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I sent an email to Greg Miller 5 days ago and he responded to my questions and concerns today. Give it time, they will respond eventually.
Post 255 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I thought I'd share what Steve Borock posted as a reply to a comment on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club facebook page earlier today.

Post 225 on page 9, 5 days ago.

Apparently SB knows how to use the copy and paste buttons although the offer of compensation seems to be missing from the latest paste

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Steve just posted something positive in the CGC-CBCS collectors club on facebook. It seems those of you with very late 2 day moderns and fast passed books will be compensated ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Post 256 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Just checking in quick -- Has there been any update as to whether there will be any sort of compensation for those adversely affected Fast Passes/2 day modern TATs that were delayed by the move?
Post 257 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
I was told I'd get a check in the mail. Checks were supposedly cut on the 21st. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send it.
Post 258 IP   flag post

can someone explain what the reject means on my invoices? I have around 60 books in QC status and they all say reject. There were. O extra services added such as signatures or pressing.
Thanks.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Sorry for the blurry pics..
Post 260 IP   flag post
@Excelsiorcomix did you put a grade screen on it?

Looks like youโ€™re getting your books back ungraded ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Post 261 IP   flag post
No grade screen. These are 2 separate orders. I didn't grade screen these at all. And cbcs hasnt responded, as expected.
Post 262 IP   flag post
These are also in QC status, which is odd if they are rejected....
Post 263 IP   flag post
Wow, i was promptly removed from the cbcs collectors page for asking the same question???? Wth?
Post 264 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone else here besides me see what is going on? Just saying.
Post 265 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsiorcomix
Wow, i was promptly removed from the cbcs collectors page for asking the same question???? Wth?

The facebook group?
Post 266 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Steve Borock is the only CBCS employee that is a moderator on that page so it wasn't anyone from the company that removed your post.
Post 267 IP   flag post
Not quite sure whats up
Post 268 IP   flag post
Just fyi - I talked further with @Excelsiorcomix about the Facebook group. He is free to post this same question there and any other comment he may have about this. All I'm going to say is that I acted on bad information from CBCS and I apologized to him personally. He is back in as a member of the Facebook group and free to share his thoughts there.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Curious as to what the bad information was??
Post 270 IP   flag post
@Excelsiorcomix I'll let Jake explain that one to you.
Post 271 IP   flag post
Please ask him to email me as i am at work. Unable to answer for a bit.
Thx
Post 272 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Is this getting from bad to worse?
Post 273 IP   flag post
Well, to see all remaining submissions stated as "reject" for what reason I dont know, then to get booted from the CBCS FB page only minutes after questioning the reasoning was quite concerning to say the least.
I got a swift response from Steve which was nice, but to say Im at ease would be lying. Ive been submitting since the inception of CBCS for the most part, and this whole situation is disheartening to say the least...
Post 274 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Excelsiorcomix just to be very clear - what were your orders which are o/s / rejected.

Submission date and tier
Post 275 IP   flag post
@poka

I added some pics, albeit blurry above. Standard, and modern, with no other services and these are regular size issues of modern through bronze, and a submission of only silver as well.

Thanks,
Post 276 IP   flag post
@poka

April 21 and may 2 on the dates
Post 277 IP   flag post

So all of my submissions were now added onto one invoice because of a "mixup", that somehow stated i wanted my books returned ungraded. Im about over this company. I was told they were in QC STATUS, then they were in grading, and now they will be rushed through grading.... Give me a break!!!!
Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector joe_kach private msg quote post Address this user
Hey All,
I wanted to provide a quick update regarding my situation now that I've moved & starting to get settled.

I got my first batch of books just fine. A little later than the spreadsheet promised, but I got them, & when all was said & done, the delay wasn't actually that bad for me. I think the frustration more lies with people not get responses to their voicemails & emails which tends to cause us fans to freak out a little. Things may have improved now, but I think if y'all got a few extra people on the phones/emails to re-assure people the problem wouldn't be as bad as it seems.

Looking forward to my next batch, which I have been getting regular updates about & that is nice. Also going a bit slower than expected, but as long as there's transparency, I don't mind. Not sure why none of the orders are showing up in my dashboard, but no big deal for now.

Thanks again.
Post 279 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I was told I'd get a check in the mail. Checks were supposedly cut on the 21st. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't send it.

Anyone else hear anything like this? Receive anything? See any updates regarding credits due to the move? I still haven't.

I may still be submitting currently, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten that I had to wait nearly a month for a 2 day modern order that should have shipped BEFORE the move and never should have taken the trip to TX -- nor that it cost me $ b/c the market was saturated by the time I finally did receive it :/
Post 280 IP   flag post
601463 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.