Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

The Dallas move, Status updates, questions and concerns6722

Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
The turnaround time right now is about 30% aggravation but more so is how much these books are getting moved and I am sure anyone with the 12 week that submitted to the Florida location will feel the same how much these books are getting moved and shuffled around from truck to truck desk to desk it's easy for items to get damaged wouldn't take much for someone to butter-finger and drop something it happens to everyone no matter how careful you can be and the longer a item is hanging around and keeps getting moved the more likely it is to happen
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert86m
The turnaround time right now is about 30% aggravation but more so is how much these books are getting moved and I am sure anyone with the 12 week that submitted to the Florida location will feel the same how much these books are getting moved and shuffled around from truck to truck desk to desk it's easy for items to get damaged wouldn't take much for someone to butter-finger and drop something it happens to everyone no matter how careful you can be and the longer a item is hanging around and keeps getting moved the more likely it is to happen

This worries me also.

On another note, while I appreciate mr. borock's addressing of the situation, it seems to be all about the ppl who submitted fast pass subs. What about us poor schmucks who can only afford 12 week subs? Free paid membership for a year? LOL. Seriously, maybe on your next sub, paid membership pricing.
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector legomaheggos private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely a concern of mine as well..
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Come on guys, their entire business revolves around taking care of and handling comic books; they handle tens of thousands of dollars worth of comics on a daily basis. Sure, accidents can happen but they can happen to anyone at any time; I can assure you they probably took better care of packing and shipping your books than most people probably do sending them in to get graded in the first place.

I'm not saying there is no risk in moving books around, but at the same time, they are a business and moving the company headquarters was a business decision that needed to happen; we can't expect them to just completely stop taking submissions for a few months to have their vault cleared out before they move!

Plus, they have insurance for accidental damages so worst case scenario, if an accident does happen, at least your books are covered unlike if an accident were to happen at your house or at a convention. If you are concerned about the TAT's, that is fine and understandable, but no reason to get riled up on something unrelated that can happen at any time.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector legomaheggos private msg quote post Address this user
The risk is definitely increased in a move that clearly didnt go as planned
Post 230 IP   flag post

The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I know that one of the factors in moving to Dallas was that they needed to build a vault first. That was done before the move. I know they kept a tight lid on the specifics of when, where and how the comics were being shipped. I know that they have stated that all the comics are now in Dallas. I do not think you have to worry much about them being damaged while there. Worry about that when Fedex has them!!!
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector Jklugh private msg quote post Address this user
Does this mean my comics have shipped or are still processing?
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Also, thank you Poka!! Since you suggested the page, we have had 11 people sign up for the Club!! The vast majority of them said that they were referred from the forum!!

the THE CLUB ? ? ?
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Jklugh It means they're in the shipping department.
Post 234 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Also, thank you Poka!! Since you suggested the page, we have had 11 people sign up for the Club!! The vast majority of them said that they were referred from the forum!!

the THE CLUB ? ? ?

Facebook group. "CBCS Comic Collectors Club"
Post 235 IP   flag post
Collector Jklugh private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser thank you sir
Post 236 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Means the ship has sailed
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I also find it highly convenient that said person is also one of CBCS's biggest fanboys on Facebook.

Don't read too much into those email alerts. The only 2 that matter are the received and shipped. 2 day modern that I submitted since the move was received on the 2nd--it then sat in "Grading" until the following week. Finally it was marked as completed on Tuesday, but sat in shipping status until finally shipping on Thursday. So, 2 day moderns appear to be taking ~1.5wks

Given the issues I had during the move with my 2 day moderns (WHICH I HAVE YET TO HEAR ANYTHING BACK REGARDING) and the fact that there was a Holiday in there, I'm not too disappointed by that TAT .. but it wasn't as fast as it should be. IMO 2-day should be at most 1 day receiving, 2 days grading/encapsulation, 1 day qa/shipping. Total 4-5 business days from receipt to ship.

I'm just happy it wasn't a month like the last one!
Post 238 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
Don't read too much into those email alerts. The only 2 that matter are the received and shipped. 2 day modern that I submitted since the move was received on the 2nd--it then sat in "Grading" until the following week. Finally it was marked as completed on Tuesday, but sat in shipping status until finally shipping on Thursday. So, 2 day moderns appear to be taking ~1.5wks

No, this kid subbed on Monday, and had his books back Thursday, in hand, some books that came out last week.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

No, this kid subbed on Monday, and had his books back Thursday, in hand, some books that came out last week.

Oh... I missed that picture later in the thread. Let me adjust my response accordingly...

WTH guys?!? Does this guy live next door?!? How are his books getting done that fast while my 2 day sat for almost a month bc of the move?! Don't get me wrong, that's how fast it SHOULD be for 2 days, but I didn't see that TAT for books sent to Dallas with 2 day..
Post 240 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Yeah but the 2 days fast past submitted in Dallas should not go ahead of the 2 days submitted in Florida!

Still stands
Post 241 IP   flag post

Post 242 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I do not feel I have a good case to complain about anything here after seeing the issues other people are working through. I bought a book and had someone drop it off in person in florida in early April and it remains in "processing" . I was quoted twelve weeks at the time but the submission form does state 24 week turnaround. I only find it odd that due perhaps to my submission being done in person , my card was charged within 15 minutes for a set of services that will not be given for 24 weeks minimium or basically half a year.I can only assume it is done that way because it is felt that the book must be insured that entire time and therefore begins acquiring fees the moment it was received. Sadly for me this submission was a test of sorts before moving on to multiple high level key books and given the issues I am seeing here it is..."intimidating"to ponder submitting books that are .....extrememly expensive or key. I admit I am on the fence regarding how to proceed but knowing if I send things in it is possible I may pay now for a service that may/may not be given in half a year is .......taxing
Post 243 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah everyone is still waiting on March so could be awhile for you
Post 244 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town Anything above the Consumer tier (up to $400 value) moves at a faster turnaround rate. For example, a book valued in the Rapid tier ($1,151-4,000 value) is normally a 1 week turnaround and would currently take in the 2-3 week range to be processed and shipped back out.
Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector Zevgoli private msg quote post Address this user
Where have all the whiners gone to?
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevgoli
Where have all the whiners gone to?

They were deported to @Jesse_O fb group

Post 247 IP   flag post
LOL!!!
Post 248 IP   flag post
Collector Excelsiorcomix private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still here....
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector rejaak private msg quote post Address this user
As am I..
Post 250 IP   flag post
I thought I'd share what Steve Borock posted as a reply to a comment on the CBCS Comic Collectors Club facebook page earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Borock
We at CBCS agree with much of what you are all saying and we are hearing this from many new as well as repeat customers. We first want to start by apologizing for the delay. We want any and all comics to get in and out as quickly as possible. It does us no good to keep comics any longer then we have to, especially when you are paying for a faster turnaround. We apologize for the delay and are doing all we can to get back on track to get books turned around in the manner that you expect. We were surprisingly stunned with the positive response of orders we received during the transition period to Dallas. Along with the growing number of shows and submissions from them. The comic hobby is strong and we appreciate people submitting to CBCS.

We (Beckett and CBCS) prides ourselves on customer service and the highest quality grading in the industry which makes comments, customer reviews, and posts like this tough for us. We know that getting your comics back in the time you wanted/expected was the ideal situation and we are truly sorry we could not make that happen. We have our crew working seven days a week right now to get books invoiced, graded, and shipped so we can get back to the service you and others require. To be very honest, we expected the move and transition to go much faster than it did or has. To move an entire staff along with such sensitive/valuable collectibles, it simply was more than we expected or planned for. Right now, We can only say that we are truly sorry and will make sure this is corrected for all CBCS customers.

Any questions or concerns can be addressed by emailing Greg Miller at: gmiller@cbcscomics.com
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting that Jesse,

This is all I was looking for, some acknowledgement that CBCS was overwhelmed and falling behind, even more so than was expected from the move.

Please stop giving me a vague cookie cutter response (Even though a lot of cut n paste is needed when so many are crying about their books) at least change the wording, take some ownership and so responsibility. I don't like that I am on week 18 of a 12 week TAT, but if I had gotten this kind of message, I would have felt a lot better.

[soapbox]
Post 252 IP   flag post
I am hitting week 17.. no press, just regular submission with payment submitted with submission.

eh..

Now I am regretting signing up for another year.

I hope I get some type of courtesy letter or response with my submission about the delay for being patient and the delay.. shoot when I am making a pizza and the pizza is late coming out of the oven, I do my best to keep that customer happy by offering some small compensation for the delay. I'm not CBCS and I'm now trying to figure out the business model they got set up.

my $58 points are now $27 and I hear "mess up in the system" and "soon" so much.

Thank you for the post Jesse, I would hope to get this letter personalized sent to me when I receive my submission back, but I'm just a no name joe schmoe so I'm not even worth the time and respect for that to them.

#soon
Post 253 IP   flag post
btw I am not out to offend anyone I'm just clueless right now. I've never b'd about cbcs before, maybe I'm having a bad day and that is is still not an excuse, so I apologize if I made my reply sound as if I was b'ing and confrontational cause I'm not being like that, I just felt left in the dark but that post Jesse put up clarifies it up.

Thank you.
Post 254 IP   flag post
I sent an email to Greg Miller 5 days ago and he responded to my questions and concerns today. Give it time, they will respond eventually.
Post 255 IP   flag post
603523 332 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.