Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPSignatures

Iron Man #55 Signature verified - Jim Starlin.6720

Collector iggykoopa30 private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to share this. I met Jim Starlin back in February and got my Iron Man #55 signed by him with no intention of having it graded because of the poor condition. Regretted it almost as soon as the weekend was over with so I sent it in to get the signature verified. It's beat up and the cover is torn but at least it's verified to have been signed by Jim Starlin!

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
wicked book!!! I would have done the exact same thing!! Congrats! Beast of book and even more so with Starlin verified!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Deesnutz private msg quote post Address this user
Perfect grade to get signed. Keep the high grade books clean!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesnutz
Perfect grade to get signed. Keep the high grade books clean!!!

@Deesnutz Just curious, why do think higher grade books shouldn't be signed?
Post 4 IP   flag post
They’re only in nice condition once. Especially older books. I’d much rather have a clean, usually classic, cover. Maybe sign the inside if I had to have someone sign it. But a low grade? Anytime I say. That can make a crappy book look better and more desirable for resale. 5.0 or less I’d understand having someone scribble on it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I have only 2 signed books. Asm 129 signed Stan at a 4.5, and a tomb of drac 1 signed Neal Adams. Adams put it in the logs and looks great. Can’t see it unless you want to. 5.5 on tod 1
Post 6 IP   flag post
I like the location on yours too. Draws my eyes from the tear and the chips above it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Deesnutz Makes sense! I can see where you're coming from and I must agree that the right placement on the book really does make it stand out, too. I've seen some horrible placement that really took away from the book rather than added to it, at least visually.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I can see that as being a great reason for @Deesnutz not to have his high grade books signed, but I'm not sure what it has to do with other people's books. I'm referring to the suggestion, to anyone reading I assume, to not have their high grade books signed.

I have well over 300 signed raw books- mostly high grade, some low- and for the life of me cannot imagine how they could affect anyone else's collection.

If the discussion is about books destined to change hands every 2 weeks, I guess that may be different. I have purchased high grade SS slabs and raws, so I'm grateful to the sellers who obtained the sigs. And now that they're in my collection, they should be of no concern to anyone else.

To each their own, do what YOU want with your books

If it's an inventory rather than a collection, that could be a different matter.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Lol, no homo!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I think that book is terrific!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Lmao!! Beautifully said!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesnutz
Lol, no homo!

Dude, it was a joke.

Not the kind of joke you took it as, I wasn't going all in for homophobia.
Post 13 IP   flag post
No feelings hurt here bud.
Post 14 IP   flag post
wtf?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
wtf?

Dunno what else to tell ya, mah man.

I'm just 2 Legit 2 Quit.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
wtf?

I'm just 2 Legit 2 Quit.

How's that workin' for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
I met Jim Starlin back in February and got my Iron Man #55 signed by him with no intention of having it graded because of the poor condition. Regretted it almost as soon as the weekend was over with so I sent it in to get the signature verified. It's beat up and the cover is torn but at least it's verified to have been signed by Jim Starlin!

I'm envious! I met him at last year's SDCC Will Eisner Awards VIP Banquet, and I never asked him to sign anything. In fairness to me, I wasn't carrying a stack of books during the event, and I believe that was the only time I saw him that weekend. I have a 2.0 copy I'd love to have signed.

Still, I'm sort of proud that I didn't intrude on his time, and had the feeling he appreciated it.

It's the memory that counts, right?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
wtf?

I'm just 2 Legit 2 Quit.

How's that workin' for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggykoopa30
I met Jim Starlin back in February and got my Iron Man #55 signed by him with no intention of having it graded because of the poor condition. Regretted it almost as soon as the weekend was over with so I sent it in to get the signature verified. It's beat up and the cover is torn but at least it's verified to have been signed by Jim Starlin!

I'm envious! I met him at last year's SDCC Will Eisner Awards VIP Banquet, and I never asked him to sign anything. In fairness to me, I wasn't carrying a stack of books during the event, and I believe that was the only time I saw him that weekend. I have a 2.0 copy I'd love to have signed.

Still, I'm sort of proud that I didn't intrude on his time, and had the feeling he appreciated it.

It's the memory that counts, right?

True, true. He even took a picture of me holding he book right after he signed it. I now have that picture printed out and hanging in my man cave. The memories, indeed!
Post 18 IP   flag post
601321 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?