Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
That time of year is almost here! Everyone on the CBCS boards who's in town for SDCC is invited to a dinner/hang-out/meet-up with your fellow boardmates. The guys manning the CBCS booth are invited and it's always a great time with your fellow comic lovers. Lots of beers, friends, and comic-talk!

The time and date is Saturday, July 21st at 9pm, a couple of hours after the exhibit hall closes at The Local on 4th Avenue.

If you'd like to RSVP, please send me a PM.

SDCC 2016 @ The Lazy Dog

WonderCon 2017 @ ESPN Zone

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry I’ll miss out. I’m attending Thursday & Friday only.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If you’re still in town Saturday bight, you’re welcome to come, no SDCC pass needed
Post 3 IP   flag post
Flying out Saturday, unfortunately.

I do hope to cross paths with some other members at the show, though. 👍🏼
Post 4 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
My wife and I may be able to make the meet & greet CBCS dinner Sat. evening if the dinner doesn't conflict with the annual Rare High Grade gathering.

We'll be around for the whole convention this year, so if you want to chat with either of us (my wife is a best selling author) we should be fairly easy to locate.

Cheers,
Cat

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Etkt private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick question about your attendance at SDCC: how did you get tickets? Did you actually go through the official process on-line and get to order tickets? I use to go almost every year (believe it or not I first attended in 1974 at the El Cortez Hotel). I have failed in my attempts for the last five years at least now that it is all done on-line. I get to the "waiting room" and that is as far as I go. Very frustrating as I live in the San Diego area.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yep. I was at a family BBQ & as a long-shot, I waited in the online waiting room. On my phone, by the way. And got picked!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etkt
Just a quick question about your attendance at SDCC: how did you get tickets? Did you actually go through the official process on-line and get to order tickets? I use to go almost every year (believe it or not I first attended in 1974 at the El Cortez Hotel). I have failed in my attempts for the last five years at least now that it is all done on-line. I get to the "waiting room" and that is as far as I go. Very frustrating as I live in the San Diego area.

Unless you have specific creds for a guest badge or know a friendly vendor who can supply extra dealer's badges, the SDCC on-line lottery is a nightmare. We're in the former category, but even guests (or their reps) applying for Pro badges have to go through the annual ritual. Once vetted, it's smoother sailing though.

I'm sure that on paper this system was designed to encourage competition while being fair to a broad spectrum of fans, but it doesn't work well. In fact, it disadvantages those fans who can't afford to sit at their computer all day trying to get in. It's gotta be doubly frustrating for local fans. There must be a better way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Yep. I was at a family BBQ & as a long-shot, I waited in the online waiting room. On my phone, by the way. And got picked!

Luck of timing and good BBQ. There's the rub.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
Saturday is going to be a tough one! There's a slight chance I might be there late on Sat, but, if so, it will be because of a party my publisher is throwing, but they haven't confirmed it's happening yet. In eight years of working with them, I haven't made it to one - mostly on me, since I tend to drive to and from home, since I'm local.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
Saturday is going to be a tough one! There's a slight chance I might be there late on Sat, but, if so, it will be because of a party my publisher is throwing, but they haven't confirmed it's happening yet. In eight years of working with them, I haven't made it to one - mostly on me, since I tend to drive to and from home, since I'm local.

Which publisher? My wife has books with several, so if Penguin - Random House or Harper Collins is throwing it we'll probably be on hand. Assuming the party is the one held at the Library near the baseball stadium, I've been to two of those; they were both pretty cool events.

Thanks for reminding me. For two concurrent events I can quicken my pace, for three I may require an ambulance!

On the upside, if memory serves, the Rare High Grade geekfest is usually held on Friday evening, so there may not be any conflict there. Fingers crossed!

As an interesting footnote to this conversation our guest badges arrived this afternoon in a cleverly designed collectible box, Gilding the Lilly in a manner of speaking (woo-hoo!)...

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Arcana, actually, so not nearly so big as Random House and Harper Collins! I'd love to get my feet in there, geez!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Etkt PM me if interested in sdcc
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I wish I could make it. I already have plans for that night.

But I will be in Artist Alley, GG-03 Please come by and say hello.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@CatmanAmerica Arcana, actually, so not nearly so big as Random House and Harper Collins! I'd love to get my feet in there, geez!

I just found out the Penguin-Random House Party is Thursday evening at the Library. Alas, it's an invitation-only party. Sorry.
Post 14 IP   flag post
601214 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?