Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Luke Cage Season 26687

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So I didn’t even realize this had come out already. I’m gonna watch an episode or two tonight. I’ve read that Iron Fist makes an appearance and that it’s one of the highlights, which I find difficult to believe given how lackluster Iron Fist was but I’d love to be proven wrong.

It’ll be i teresting to see where this goes after the first season and The Defenders, neither of which I was terribly fond of. I felt season 1 started off promising but they ended up swapping the more interesting, fully realized villain in the last third or so for a more one-dimensional, gimmicky villain. That and the whole thing was just agonizingly slow.

I don’t think Defenders really affected the Luke Cage series very much, except for Misty Knight losing her arm. It’s a bit difficult to see her getting her cybernetic arm from the comics if the series tries to stick closer the more street-level scope it began with but I can see it happen if it embraces more of the high-tech weapons and combat suits the first series ended with and the black market for super powers touched on by Jessica Jones season 2. Also, perhaps the Iron Fist episode will also advance the Daughters of the Dragon duo with Misty and Colleen.

Beyond that, I’m not too familiar with Luke Cage from the comics to know what to expect or where things can really go
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
I'm about half way thru it. Much of what you speculate about does happen.

Bushmaster is pretty cool as a villain.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Is it just me or does the pacing seem slow. I am only 5 episodes in.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Hcanes The first season was definitely slow. I’ve only watched one episode of season 2 and I think it’s doing the same.

I know Marvel’s TV shows and movies tend to be isolated but you’d think the revelation of an advanced, high-tech society in Africa (end of Black Panther) would be worth some background chatter in a predominantly black neighborhood like Harlem.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I just finished episode 7 and I’m really enjoying it so far. While it’s not a fast-paced series, this season seems to move along with more purpose than the first, which felt like it spun its wheels a lot.

What does scare me a little bit is that, narratively, it feels like we’re approaching the endgame but there’s nearly half the season left to go. Hopefully it can maintain that sense of momentum and doesn’t begin to pad and stall like some of the other series have done in their second half.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Luke Cage season 1 was my favorite of the Netflix Marvel shows. I’m enjoying season 2 quite a bit.

I’m most looking forward to Daredevil season 3, though. If they really do the “Born Again” storyline (which was potentially set-up at the end of Defenders) it could be epic.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Hcanes The first season was definitely slow. I’ve only watched one episode of season 2 and I think it’s doing the same.

I know Marvel’s TV shows and movies tend to be isolated but you’d think the revelation of an advanced, high-tech society in Africa (end of Black Panther) would be worth some background chatter in a predominantly black neighborhood like Harlem.

In the first or 2nd episode you can spot luke reading tanehisi coates novel.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I am also enjoying the 2nd season. They have and are developing the characters nicely. Kudos Netflix. Nuff said..
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
It wasn't without it's issues (what show isnt?) but I enjoyed this season!

I started Friday night, watched a couple more Saturday morning and finished it off Sunday afternoon
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Sloptimusgrime private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly love this season in comparison to S01. The musical guests are pretty amazing too if you're a fan of old school rap and hip hop. Flawless soundtrack.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Marximus private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed. The live music they have playing at the club is top notch.

My fave so far is the heavy-set blues singer. That fella plays a mean guitar.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 1forchrist private msg quote post Address this user
I've checked out Season 2 and actually thought it was more character developed than season 1. The background story on Bushmaster, the interaction between him and his uncle, along with the other characters family relationships was welcoming.

If you think about it, how many current Marvel movies have a developed storyline with the person's family that are currently alive and relatable?
Post 12 IP   flag post
600884 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?