Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Signature Grading Prices6683

Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
I had four modern books signed and witnessed for grading today. There were no CBCS facilitators there, so I found a CGC AW. The total to have four books witnessed and shipped for grading and pressing was $248 USD ($62 ea.) I’ve never had books witnessed and submitted before, did I overpay or is this the typical cost?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. If CBCS was there and you had them witness the signatures. Modern tier books for non members is $18. Signature series is $5 so $23 each book. Shipping on 3 books is roughly $30. Quick math in my head $100 without pressing. I believe pressing is $10-$12 per book so add $36. So you overpaid by $100+ if my math is right
Post 2 IP   flag post
@obiwan1971

Ya, I think you’re right. He must have charged $20-25 AW fee for each book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 1243782365 private msg quote post Address this user
When you say the prices include shipping is CBCS shipping the books to you?
Shipping to Canada from CBCS is expensive.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@1243782365

Yes, I know what you mean. I sent some stuff down to CBCS not too long ago and the shipping both ways wasn’t cheap.

Unfortunately, there wasn’t a CBCS facilitator there. They’ll be shipped from CGC to the AW and I’ll pick them up from there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector obiwan1971 private msg quote post Address this user
If you got a witness from the cgc booth there shouldn’t be a witness fee. If you go to the CBCS booth at a show they don’t charge you to witness. And if you used a “private” witness (someone not at cgc booth) fee should be about 5/10 a book. And I think $10 is high. I charge $5 per book to witness even if same artist
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ya, it was private witness. I think I got gouged because he was my only option.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601338 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?