Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

DC to release Wal-Mart Exclusive Anthology Series6681

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Forgive me if this isold news but I thought this was kind of i teresting. Starting in July, DC will be releasing several monthly, 100 page books containting new and reprinted material (from New 52, Rebirth, and New Age of DC) exclusively at Wal-Mart stores with some of their big names contributing to the new material.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds cool but it might be tough to get a nice copy with the Walfart employees miss handling the books and the little brats getting their grubby hands on 'em.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Wish they'd reprint classic stories from the 30s-70s....instead of stories from a few years ago...I guess they don't think kids will read that stuff.

Sounds like print runs will be in the 10s of thousands...but finding hi grades may be challenging...we'll see.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
100 pages. That is a big book. I assume they would be newsstand editions?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio I'd also prefer a wider range for the reprints, why limit themselves? Especially given how the movies and tv shows are drawing inspiration from all over the place. It'd make sense to reprint stuff like Dark Knight Returns/Death of Superman (Batman V Superman), Knightfall (Dark Knight Rises), Batman Year One (Batman Begins), or Gotham Central (Gotham)

@conditionfreak That's an interesting question. It would make sense given the retailer
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
100 pages. That is a big book. I assume they would be newsstand editions?

judging by the cover price they'll be using regular paper stock covers....binding tears galore!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I highly doubt these will be newsstand (returnable) books. DC just stopped that 10/2017 and at that point they did not sell newsstand books at Walmart. They only had the shrink wrapped Walmart exclusive 3 packs.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601333 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?