Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeQuestions

Hulk 181: Why The Sudden Inflation?6680

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
There’s no denying Hulk 181 is a mega key book. It has maintained for ages. But why is it exploding in price? Is it the Fox buyout? The fact the X-Men will be able to be incorporated into the MCU?

I’d like to pick up a 6.0 copy in the next year or less. What I wanna know, is, will things settle down a bit with this book, or, have I categorically missed the boat on this one?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it will always be over a grand for mid grade. I do predict this book will gain yet another 10% based on upward trends.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I figure that. I really don’t wanna spend over $2k.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently this book just keeps going up in price, now mid grades are 2K. You can barely get a good for 1K. now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
is hulk 180 benefiting from 181s increase?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not comparatively. Maybe slightly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think 180s are a lot more than they were, say 5 years ago
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
I just sold a Hulk 181 for $1200. It presented well, and hey, that’s the second 181 I’ve moved this month. The only downside I can see is that I don’t have any more.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I sold all of mine before the recent surge.
Post 9 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
holy fudge. theres one on feeBay that is a 9.0 signed by len, herb, and stan asking 11,995. good lord. i have one and i will never part away with it. they want it, then they have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

same thing with fantastic four #5. i paid $1250 for a 4.0, came back with a 4.5 signed. now you cant get a blue label 4.0 for less than $3.5
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
What I wanna know, is, will things settle down a bit with this book, or, have I categorically missed the boat on this one?

No one knows what's going to happen, but I don't think you'll See a major correction...not unless the entire genre corrects (i.e., economy tanks). It's just too significant a key. Maybe it will have times it levels, but once people are paying a price collectors and are pretty much not going back.

So yeah, if you're not willing to pay the price 6.0s are selling for today and that's the lowest grade you're willing to accept, then you've likely missed the boat.
Post 11 IP   flag post
$1900 is the current average, it just seems to be getting more expensive.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Going back to the original title of this post. It's not a sudden inflation. The book has been a blue chip investment for a very long time.

The economy is doing well and I believe that is affecting the comic book hobby. More people with money in the market for key issues.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll tell people I have a key book and it's value.
Their first response is "You should sell it!"
I reply "Why? It keeps going up in value!"

I have 2 copies and I'm not interested in selling either.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yeah. I always regret selling keys. Even when I make a good profit doing it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector robo_beardo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
I'll tell people I have a key book and it's value.
Their first response is "You should sell it!"
I reply "Why? It keeps going up in value!"

I have 2 copies and I'm not interested in selling either.

But, are you interested in selling one? Haha
Post 16 IP   flag post
600741 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?