Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Batman vs Superman Ultimate Edition668

Collector Ebandy private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah . Has anyone read gods among us?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I watched the UE last night. IMO, it's MUCH better than the theatrical release.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebandy
Yeah . Has anyone read gods among us?

Is that related at all to the Injustice: Gods Among Us Video Game story?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Ebandy private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah . It's also a good story in comics. Should check it out
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally don't like a batman that kills. Once you make him a killer he just becomes the punisher. The punisher is not a hero...he is a vigilante. I have been a batman fan most of my life and have read hundreds of batman comics. He is not a killer and that makes him who he is.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
It was so bad I couldn't finish the movie. At 2 hrs, I just stopped it and went to sleep. The movie is poorly edited. The scenes didn't have any fluidity. A good movie has good transitions from scene to scene so that the whole of it makes sense. BvS was like watching a series of film shorts. 2 hours in and hardly any action at all. I rate this movie right down there with Batman Forever.
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting for the Blu Ray to check it out. Heard its a lot better than the theatrical version.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Sometimes killing in self defense is necessary, if the bad guy has determined it's either you or him, then you had better dang well make the same determination or end up the dead one. That's just reality. Batman should not be expected to allow himself to die just to not kill anyone. Everyone Batman killed was trying to kill him first.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Sometimes killing in self defense is necessary, if the bad guy has determined it's either you or him, then you had better dang well make the same determination or end up the dead one. That's just reality. Batman should not be expected to allow himself to die just to not kill anyone. Everyone Batman killed was trying to kill him first.

Well, movies and comics aren't reality. Comic heroes can be held to a high standard simply because it's fictional. No one can force a hero/heroine to kill because "that's reality." The writers and directors make those decisions. I think them making batman a killer is because they are trying to shoehorn him into their "gritty" cinematic universe.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Christopher Nolan shoehorns Batman into a hyper-realistic cinematic universe vastly different from the comics and no one bats an eye. Zach Snyder shoehorns Batman into a dark and gritty cinematic universe that is much closer to the comic books and everyone looses their minds.
Post 35 IP   flag post
haha. I didn't care for nolan's batman either.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I liked Nolan's Batman, but after the disaster that Batman & Robin was, it was easy to love. I didn't care too much for how Nolan ended the Trilogy though. I honestly thought BvS was the best representation of Batman since Michael Keaton donned the cowl.
Post 37 IP   flag post
My problem with Nolan's batman was that there was no Bruce Wayne. Tim Burton's batman is still the best IMO.
Post 38 IP   flag post
What do you mean there was no Bruce Wayne? I think Christian Bale spent more screen time as Bruce than he did as Batman didn't he?
Post 39 IP   flag post
When he was dressed as wayne, he still acted like batman.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector SilverAgeFan private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego, what about Superman? He's always used his wits and brain to come up with ways NOT to kill.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan
@DarthLego, what about Superman? He's always used his wits and brain to come up with ways NOT to kill.

That's one of the things that makes Superman so lame. He's such a pussy!
Post 42 IP   flag post
Well in thst case, Christian Bale has played Batman in every role ever, he's a pretty dry actor with a small range.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverAgeFan

That's one of the things that makes Superman so lame. He's such a pussy!

LOL
Post 44 IP   flag post
Seems like Superman made Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster's family a boatload of money by being a puss and being lame! Batman is right though. He is an overgrown Boy Scout!
Post 45 IP   flag post
Has anyone ever watched the HISHE superhero café bits with Superman and Batman on YouTube? Funny stuff.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@DarthLego, you're right Darth, it's funny stuff. Batman's voice is reminiscent of Christian Bale.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Lunarshade private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua373
I personally don't like a batman that kills. Once you make him a killer he just becomes the punisher. The punisher is not a hero...he is a vigilante. I have been a batman fan most of my life and have read hundreds of batman comics. He is not a killer and that makes him who he is.

I agree but I enjoy reading Moon Knight and Punisher they finish the job. Seem more like real life to me I can relate to those two more.
Post 48 IP   flag post
600860 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?