Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsQuestionsSignatures

Cincy Comicon662

Collector Verde private msg quote post Address this user
So CBCS is going to be at the Cincy Comicon in September, and was wondering, would it be cheaper to submit my comics at the con, or via mail? Also getting TONS of sigs, so I will need a witness (which will also be at the con), but does witnesses cost anything? If so what am I looking at cost wise?

Please and Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The actual submission costs are the same whether you submit at the con or through the mail. If you submit at the con, you'd obviously save the shipping costs to send them in. As for the cost of a witness, it depends on the witness. It might be best if you can arrange something beforehand with a witness, especially if you plan on getting multiple signatures.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Finally. Someone to witness in Cincy! Good news.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also located in Cincy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to bring a handful of books to the Cincy Con and hand them over to CBCS. Since I live in that area.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm assuming we can do our invoices for Con submissions online beforehand and just hand over the printed invoices and no need to fill anything out right there?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Can anyone be a witness? What's the criteria? Glad to know I'm not the only one from Cincinnati!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde
Can anyone be a witness? What's the criteria? Glad to know I'm not the only one from Cincinnati!

I emailed Steve Paulus about it and there is some paperwork to fill out, but if you have the drive for it, you can talk to him and have the information forwarded to you. I was going to do it, then I got called away to play sailor for a while.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

I emailed Steve Paulus about it and there is some paperwork to fill out, but if you have the drive for it, you can talk to him and have the information forwarded to you. I was
going to do it, then I got called away to play sailor for a while.

How can I get ahold of him? I'd really appreciate it
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
The best way to reach Steve Paulus is through his email: spaulus@cbcscomics.com

With the long weekend, I wouldn't expect an answer until Tuesday though.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
The best way to reach Steve Paulus is through his email: spaulus@cbcscomics.com

With the long weekend, I wouldn't expect an answer until Tuesday though.

Thanks for the 411!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I'm assuming we can do our invoices for Con submissions online beforehand and just hand over the printed invoices and no need to fill anything out right there?

Yes, this is correct.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Also getting TONS of sigs, so I will need a witness (which will also be at the con), but does witnesses cost anything? If so what am I looking at cost wise?

Witnesses working with CBCS at the event do not charge a facilitation fee for clients at the event (in other words...you can ask for a witness at the CBCS booth for free).

Find the CBCS Booth and ask for a witness BEFORE getting anything signed. I want to be clear that there IS a $5 fee to CBCS for the ASP (yellow) label. This is $5 per book, not per signature, so if you want to bring a book and have it signed by 20 creators...have at it (my personal record is 11 signatures on a single book).

I'll be at the event and I have no problem tagging along with a client that needs a lot of signatures. If the lines are long, witnesses typically will give you their mobile phone number and ask that you call when you're near the front so that we can help witness for others while you're waiting.

Looking forward to meeting people from the forum at the event!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector FForFake private msg quote post Address this user
Cincy is a very fun little show. I've gone every year, but am not sure I'll make it this year. Was a little disappointed in the amount of comic dealers last year relative to previous years, but it's still a nice assortment of artists.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Looking at the guest list I think Cincy Comic Expo might be more fun than the Comic Con.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I have to play sailor the weekend of the con, so I'll be at the Expo. Looking forward to it again.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
See you all there
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Jeremy_K private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Looking at the guest list I think Cincy Comic Expo might be more fun than the Comic Con.

see you there too
Post 18 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I also live in Cincinnati (now). Looking forward to this.

BTW - Cincinnati folks, do you know of anyone locally who can examine books for restoration / trimming? I have a couple I bought recently that I am worried about, but would rather not add the expense of mailing these somewhere. Any suggestions?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
I also live in Cincinnati (now). Looking forward to this.

BTW - Cincinnati folks, do you know of anyone locally who can examine books for restoration / trimming? I have a couple I bought recently that I am worried about, but would rather not add the expense of mailing these somewhere. Any suggestions?
@Tedsaid
Paul from Comic Book World in Florence, KY is a good source. If he isn't available, Tim at the Bookery in Fairborn, OH can do it too. I put a lot of trust in those two.
Post 20 IP   flag post
clickable text
Since Stan will be at the Expo, will witnesses be available at the Expo? It strikes me as a more comic related show.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Is it possible to have AWs at a show when the CBCS team itself is not at the show?
Post 22 IP   flag post
My understanding was yes. I could be mistaken, and if so, I would love to be corrected for the sake of clarifying the issue.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
@Tedsaid
Paul from Comic Book World in Florence, KY is a good source. If he isn't available, Tim at the Bookery in Fairborn, OH can do it too. I put a lot of trust in those two.

Thanks! That's very helpful.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Is it possible to have AWs at a show when the CBCS team itself is not at the show?

Yes, it is possible. I know of at least two other AWs besides myself that will be there, but I suspect there will be even more that I don't know personally (it's a really great lineup this year).

When CBCS is not at the show though, you may need to pay a facilitation fee. That's up to the particular AW. The AW that you work with will need to submit the book to CBCS to quality for a yellow label. This can still be done on your own account, but it has to be physically mailed from the AW to CBCS to qualify.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there two different Cincinnati comic cons? I have found two different dates and was wondering if these are held at the same place?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCastle129
Is there two different Cincinnati comic cons? I have found two different dates and was wondering if these are held at the same place?

There's the Cincinnati Comic Con which will be held in Covington KY ironically and then there's the Cincinnati Comic Expo held at the Duke Energy Center I think.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Wait there's a cincy comic con in Kentucky? That's more messed up then motor city comic con not being in Detroit. Which Cincinnati comic con is better? Just thinking ahead to next year.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Expo is generally more comic related. The Con is more of a pop culture con.
Post 29 IP   flag post
How are the crowds at both? Are they both easy to get to? Can you get through them in one day or do you need the whole weekend? Thanks for the info
Post 30 IP   flag post
597976 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?