Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

It could only happen to me (not comic related)6586

COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So, two days ago I awoke and had a real hard time seeing out of my right eye. I have had a lot of work done to my eyes and usually see my eye doctor every month or so, for the past five years.

I was worried but figured it was bleeding in the eye due to my diabetes and high blood pressure. The following morning when I awoke, I was absolutely blind in my right eye. I could barely make out lights. Nothing else.

The wife got on the phone and tried to make an appointment with my eye doctor, but his staff told her that the doctor was on vacation and would be back on the 19th. I already had an appointment scheduled for the 19th.

So we tried and tried to find another doctor that I could get in to see, but no luck. My wife called my doctors office back and they suggested the emergency room or possibly to see my eye glass doctor.

I opted on the eye glass doctor, which is in our local Wal-Mart vision center.

He got me in right away and examined my eye. He said I had a disconnected retina and needed surgery right away. He got on the phone and made me an appointment at the Cincinnati Eye Center, which is a one and a half hour drive from my home.

I went there by myself, as my wife had to work later in the day and we had also arranged for a bedroom set to be delivered this day coming from Kentucky. The delivery charge was #120.00 and if we changed the delivery date, we would have to pay that again as they were already on the way.

Now here is the unbelievable part.

I leave the house immediately to go to this Cincy Eye place, and it is raining. I am about a mile from my home, still on my street, and there is a dog chasing my car. No big deal. He has done this before. But as he is chasing my car, the windshield wiper on the drivers side just flies off. I have had those wipers for about three months and used them in rain many times. Bought them at Auto Zone and they installed them for me (I have always had a hard time installing those things). But here it just flew off.

Okay, so I turn around in a driveway and I am going to go back and get it. But the dog is in a yard across the street. I stop in the road and get out to pick up the wiper. The dog comes charging at me and I quickly get back into the car. I thought "okay, you SOB", and I turn around in another driveway and I am going to use my car to chase the dog away and then open my door and just lean out and pick up my wiper blade. But the dog doesn't run from my car, and instead he picks up the wiper blade and runs away. I couldn't believe it.

So I drove to Cincy without my wipers being viable and got seen by a real doctor. He said my eye glass doctor was wrong. That my retina was not detached and I did not need surgery. He said there was blood built up in my eye and my doctor could deal with that on the 19th. With laser work and injections.

Went back to Auto Zone today to buy another wiper blade and I told the guy "you won't believe what happened to my wiper". I told him the story and he gave me a replacement blade free of charge.

Typical day for me. Sometimes.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak - Only in Ohio? Glad to hear you don’t need eye surgery, Walt.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Humor of the dog aside, I'm glad your eye issue wasn't more serious. I hope your issue gets resolved as soon as your regular doctor returns.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
There's no such thing as growing old with dignity. It's just one day at a time. Best wishes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with eye!! Free wiper blades!?! Not the best trade off but it was something.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Now that's a story. Glad it had a better than expected ending!
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Holy crazy day Batman, you can't make this stuff up! Glad it's not your retina, but still, losing any eyesight has to be very disconcerting. And that dog, is he an emissary of Satan, sheesh?!
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm happy to hear your eye is/will be ok....aside from the eye part that story was hilarious! It sounds like a Seinfeld episode. I'm happy you're well.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@CF best of luck! That was a hilarious story. Wish there was some comedy associated with my story.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I think the Seinfeld comment hit the nail on the head. So true.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks god the dog managed to get away from that strange weird looking tin box!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I think the Seinfeld comment hit the nail on the head. So true.

were you wearing and ruined the very pants you were returning?

Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Good to here your eye will be ok...my father in-law has similar issues, getting old is an adventure!
Post 13 IP   flag post
601308 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?