Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionQuestions

Valiant/ Bloodshot question6585

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I recently submitted some valiant books and when I got them back I noticed RAI #0 is listed as 1st full bloodshot and eternal warrior 4 is listed as 1st Cameo of bloodshoot. However it seems Eternal Warrior 4 is the more valuable book when you look at ebay. Any ideas why a cameo is more valuable then the 1st full appearance?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Buying market determines the value, it's always a toss up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
There is some decent discussion in the first few posts of this thread (before it got locked).

X-Men #120
Post 3 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck Thanks. It seems like that thread illustrates my question. It seems like most of the time the 1st full appearance is the more valuable book. I'm just wondering which book will be worth more to sell next year when the movie comes out? Or if the correct answer will be neither because there are tons of these early valiant books in good condition
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
I can't say with any amount of certainty but my guess would be that Eternal Warrior #4 had a much smaller print run than Rai #0. That could be a contributing factor.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
It also appears that the glossy cover version of Rai #0 is much more desirable than the matte version.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Rai #0 was probably ordered more heavily and already purchased by collectors. The scramble to get Eternal Warrior #4 was probably more of an afterthought for modern collectors. There are tons of both. Comics were overproduced immensely when those came out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
I can't say with any amount of certainty but my guess would be that Eternal Warrior #4 had a much smaller print run than Rai #0. That could be a contributing factor.

What I was going to suggest.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Also, comic collectors are goofy.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle private msg quote post Address this user
I lived through this, I wish I could remember it better, but I do believe Rai 0 was definitely a pump book before it came out, where EW 4 was just a run book. I'm pretty sure before Rai 0 came out Wizard pumped it, but not the 4, but I could be wrong (HA, man I used to know all of this, getting old sucks)!

As far as context, Magnus 12 was rarer than hen's teeth, Harbinger 1 and Solar 10 were like catching a glimpse of Satan's hoofprints under the table at a card game, and Eternal Warrior was like getting a full frontal nude shot of Pamela Anderson--within possibility, but not easy to find.

Rai 0 was everywhere, I remember a nice stack I could have purchased for $10 each shortly after it came out (maybe the next month)?

They were also making Rai 0 a jumping-on point for those fans who weren't able to find earlier issues. It explained a lot, and gave people who hadn't been reading since day one a glimpse of the universe.

I hope someone else can chime in but the print run for EW 4 had to be minimum 50% of Rai, had to be.

Jay
Post 10 IP   flag post
When you remember Wizard magazine doesn't exist anymore

Post 11 IP   flag post
For what it's worth, online sources have Rai #0 estimated at 150,000 copies printed and Eternal Warrior #4 at 100,000 copies. I was thinking Rai #0 was more like 225,000 but my memory is fading too. I was giving up on Valiant right after these came out and I'm glad I did. The magic left when Jim Shooter was ousted.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
This might help: http://valiantarchive.com/valiant/rarest.php
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
For what it's worth, online sources have Rai #0 estimated at 150,000 copies printed and Eternal Warrior #4 at 100,000 copies. I was thinking Rai #0 was more like 225,000 but my memory is fading too. I was giving up on Valiant right after these came out and I'm glad I did. The magic left when Jim Shooter was ousted.

Out of 150,000, I wonder how many are glossy cover vs matte cover.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Can't answer. I would guess 25%, but that's just a random guess.
Post 15 IP   flag post
598059 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?