Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

GEOFF JOHNS Exits as DC Entertainment President and CCO6566

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty big news if you ask me!
He's launched Mad Ghost Productions which will have an exclusive contract with DC/WB. Jim Lee will be taking over for Johns

he'll be writing the Green Lantern Corps script

He's writing a 'SHAZAM!' book and one called 'Three Jokers' and opening up a new imprint called 'The Killing Zone' with DC
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
It certainly is big news...I think with Jon Berg's exit last year it was only a matter of time before he left. Good to see that he's still going to be involved in some of the DC properties though...

"His first film projects will be Warner Bros. Pictures’ Green Lantern Corps, based on his New York Times bestselling series that saw an impressive nine-year run, spawning additional spin-off titles and comic book events. Johns will write and be a producer on the film. Additionally, he co-wrote and executive produced Aquaman, which releases worldwide December 21, and is writing and executive producing the second installment of the Wonder Woman franchise with director Patty Jenkins, releasing in November 2019. New Line’s Shazam!, slated for an April 2019 release, is based on his original graphic novel."
Post 2 IP   flag post
Exactly! And with Diane Nelson having left just last week, the writing was on the wall
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Green Lantern Corps would be better as a series I think.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This is going to make his signature more and more unobtainable.

Yay for me

Post 5 IP   flag post
Ok. So apparently the judge is deciding on the WB/ATT merger tomorrow (Tuesday June 12)

It all makes sense now
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Weird merger
Post 7 IP   flag post
Well, it’s really ATT and Time-Warner (who owns HBO, WB,etc.)
Post 8 IP   flag post
We will know Judge Leon's ruling by 4:30 or 5 pm today
Post 9 IP   flag post
People are being let in to Leon's court room now. We should have a ruling in about an hour or so
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oral opinion will be read at 4pm (3 minutes from now)
Post 11 IP   flag post
Approved! The merger is going forward
Post 12 IP   flag post
So this is good for ATT/Time Warner (and WB) as it allows WB and DC to stay together however it's a "wait and see" to see the industry ripple affect and what impact it'll have on the Comcast/Disney/Fox bidding war
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
So this is good for ATT/Time Warner (and WB) as it allows WB and DC to stay together however it's a "wait and see" to see the industry ripple affect and what impact it'll have on the Comcast/Disney/Fox bidding war

The initial impact is that Comcast will in fact be making a bid to buy Fox. This may happen as soon as today. Comcast had previously stated that they were waiting until the ATT/Time Warner merger was approved before making a bid. Now it will likely be a bidding war between Comcast & Disney.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Disney will just need to add about $10B to their offer to match Comcast's current bid
Post 15 IP   flag post
They can, and will.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics @kaptainmyke It's not just about adding $10B to their offer. The two offers will be structurally different. Disney's current offer is an all-stock offer, while Comcast is reportedly going to make an all cash offer. So even if Disney matches the amount, Fox would need to consider which offer is more attractive. They also need to consider which will have an easier approval from regulators, but some of that was diminished with the ATT/Time Warner ruling.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I over simplified it but yes you are correct. one is all-stock and one is all-cash. One important consideration in the decision will be the tax factor.

Fox will be making their decision in July and the expectation is that it will get through legal in about a year. Fox had a meeting a month or two ago telling their employees to be ready to go live with the new "Fox Lite" company next summer.
Post 18 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
I over simplified it but yes you are correct. one is all-stock and one is all-cash. One important consideration in the decision will be the tax factor.

Fox will be making their decision in July and the expectation is that it will get through legal in about a year. Fox had a meeting a month or two ago telling their employees to be ready to go live with the new "Fox Lite" company next summer.

For tax considerations alone the Disney deal appears more desirable. An all cash deal will see your IRS take a significant portion I believe.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Comcast's bid is in. $65 Billion.

clickable text
Post 20 IP   flag post
598076 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?