Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Batman 50 - Which variants?6563

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'll pass on the wedding shindig. Just like I passed on the Kitty Pryde and Colossus wedding...
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I feel this thread is a variant of the "[PSA] Publishers: Variant Fatigue Syndrome" thread...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Um...already married

Ohhh boo hooo what about me??? back to the orphanage circus boy - bats likes girls now!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up the Linsner cover. Big fan.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
None. Let me tell you why:

Nobody cares about wedding issues. They are never worth more than $20. History always repeats itself.
I respectfully disagree. :P

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector thelastbard private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser I agree... I don't think it comes down to whether it's a wedding issue or not, but the quality of the writing, the rarity of the issue, and the lasting impact of the story. The Spider-Man wedding issue has a HUGE print run, same with the Scott/Jean wedding issue. Looking back on the Silver Age counterpart, Reed and Sue, it's much harder to track down. People still want Peter and MJ together (at least, depending on the generation of fan, I guess), so the issue still has meaning, doesn't it?

Anywho, this whole King run has been damned good, and I'm expecting a lot from the issue. The main covers won't be worth much, because of the print runs, but some of the variants might be. For how long? Who can say... What will happen? What's the lasting impact on Batman, Catwoman, other characters, the DCU as a whole?
Post 31 IP   flag post
And... Michael Turner (RIP), courtesy of Aspen, and some coloring a la Peter Steigerwald.

clickable text
Post 32 IP   flag post
And... Alex Ross has an SDCC Exclusive set coming. They do look nice!

clickable text

The booth where I'll be spending a lot of time (signings and such) is riiiiggggghhhhtttt by his, so maybe I'll pick up a set... or two... depends on how much they'll be at the con. Last year. Alex Ross wasn't even supposed to be there (advertised as NOT), but he was! Would be nice to get a set actually signed (AW).
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastbard
@Themaxx35 Natali Sanders is Wednesday at 9am PST.

clickable text

If anyone is still looking for any of the 3 Natali Sanders covers, we have a few of each left for pre-order signed and CBCS graded at Collectors Choice Comics
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

clickable text

The booth where I'll be spending a lot of time (signings and such) is riiiiggggghhhhtttt by his, so maybe I'll pick up a set... or two... depends on how much they'll be at the con. Last year. Alex Ross wasn't even supposed to be there (advertised as NOT), but he was! Would be nice to get a set actually signed (AW).

I'd only be interested in those if yellow label signed copies were available...
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

clickable text

I'd only be interested in those if yellow label signed copies were available...

Variant alert - Variant alert - Variant alert - Variant alert
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
it's reallllllly hard getting yellow label Alex Ross books brah so I doubt it
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
it's reallllllly hard getting yellow label Alex Ross books brah so I doubt it

Why is that?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@bige31 He very rarely does signings, private or otherwise. Last one I saw at SDCC was a bit of a madhouse. Can't remember what year it was... 2011? 2012? Don't recall... He does the trickle of signed books through his site, which can't be yellow labeled.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I've witnessed him a few times at random store signings (usually in Vegas) where he shows up for a day and signs for a couple hours but they are pretty random and rare (maybe once every year or every other year) and he usually only allows a couple signatures per person regardless if you are getting them graded or not.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Um...already married

Ohhh boo hooo what about me??? back to the orphanage circus boy - bats likes girls now!

That Batman wedding cover...if you stop and look at it....has latent homosexual undertones just seeping out of it.

Previous to Batman becoming the Iron Chef Of Pounding Vag, assuming that this wedding wasn't just a closeted act,one thing is patently clear:

Robin was clearly the sub twink, to Batman's Dom Daddy.

Post 41 IP   flag post

Post 42 IP   flag post
Not that there's anything wrong with that...
Post 43 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 44 IP   flag post

Post 45 IP   flag post
link to the 50+ variants to this issue

Could this be the comic with the most variant first print covers ever? Someone call the Guinness Book of World Records!
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
link to the 50+ variants to this issue

Could this be the comic with the most variant first print covers ever? Someone call the Guinness Book of World Records!
ridiculous.. For an issue I couldn't be less interested in..

.. Every issue is probably going to be worth thousands in weeks. Oh well.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith

I honestly don't think any of these variants are gonna be worth much, there is way too many and all with fairly high print runs. The total print run for Batman #50 has to be massive so it will be easy to get a copy if it does happen to turn out to be an actual key book.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I kinda like Alex Ross variants...$100 for two signed Ross comics of a milestone issue? Not bad, imo if you don't care for a yellow label.

how often is Ross available at a con, and how much does he charge?
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith

I honestly don't think any of these variants are gonna be worth much, there is way too many and all with fairly high print runs. The total print run for Batman #50 has to be massive so it will be easy to get a copy if it does happen to turn out to be an actual key book.

I don't completely disagree--I just think that there are going to be a handful that at least maintain some value due to the artwork alone. Some of them are going to be the A covers too (Look at Mayhew--his A cover of just the ring is FAR better than the B and C covers... I have no idea what they were thinking there tossing batman/catwoman on other than maybe "throw something together quick and make some $$$--3 covers, 3x the $$$"

For me, one of the top covers out of them all is the boring old DC cover by Lee (and the 1:100 variant of it). Freakin beautiful!

I actually had a variant idea for this issue as well, but no connections/knowledge on how to get it done unfortunately... then I saw all the covers and realized it would have been better than probably 2/3 of them! Oh well... NEXT time Batman gets married I guess
Post 50 IP   flag post
601467 50 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?