Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New and old to your Collection -NEWSSTAND- Part 26551

SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector NewsstandSpecific private msg quote post Address this user

Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I've been searching over a year for the 1st app of the Darkness in NM- or higher.

This came with it as well

Post 203 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Eeeeeeewwww. Barcode.
Post 204 IP   flag post

I might put together a G2 newsstand run. 3 down, 9 to go.
Post 205 IP   flag post

Finally got to build my shrine! All 9.6/9.8 newsstands with the exception of What If #1
Post 206 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsstandSpecific
Finally got to build my shrine! All 9.6/9.8 newsstands with the exception of What If #1
Did you build the storage unit yourself or is there a kit for it? Very nice books too.
Post 207 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsstandSpecific

The X-men 1s across the top are a tough find in high grade, contrary to popular belief.
Post 208 IP   flag post
Those X-Men are incredibly rare! Who would of thought. I picked those up from a boardie

I picked up those custom shelves from the_classycollector on instagram. It’s a great product and I highly recommend them. Those two hold roughly 80-90 slabs
Post 209 IP   flag post

Post 210 IP   flag post
While swapping out bags and boards, I discovered a Canadian newsstand copy in my GI Joe run.
Post 211 IP   flag post
It's been a while, but here are some recent Canadian newsies

Post 212 IP   flag post
Two Mark Jeweler inserts and a 2000s newsstand

Post 213 IP   flag post
A couple pick ups from the week.

Static 1

Moon Knight CPV with a painted Bill Sienkiewicz cover
Post 214 IP   flag post
@Hcanes I sent down an Uncanny 268 newsie a little while ago, along with an Avengers 257 newsie. Interested to see how they come back. Uncanny 268 was one of those books that made me love Jim Lee's X-Men art.
Post 215 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley uncanny 268 is a classic Jim Lee cover. The way Wolverine is posed reminds me of the marvel fighting games from the late 90s. Cant wait to see and hear how that grades out along with the 1st app of Nebula.
Post 216 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@Studley_Dudley uncanny 268 is a classic Jim Lee cover. The way Wolverine is posed reminds me of the marvel fighting games from the late 90s. Cant wait to see and hear how that grades out along with the 1st app of Nebula.

I’ve always loved Lees X-Men 268 cover....it had “classic” and “timeless” written all over it when released. Picked up a CGC 9.6 pretty cheaply about a year ago to compliment my “reader” copy which I’ve likely read 10+ times over the years. Also have the hardcover of the Wolverines: Origins 16-20 (Our War) that tells the background story of this issue.
Post 217 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Eeeeeeewwww. Barcode.
yay the book that shatters the first gambit myth ...newsstand copy proves that issue was first beyond any doubt
Post 218 IP   flag post
Dark Avengers 1 Newsie

Post 219 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Picked this book off the newsagent on my way to School in Brisbane Australia many long years ago
Post 220 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

And I this Hulk. See the $1.50 in blue on the cover.comic books were priced double the U.S cover price in Australia
Post 221 IP   flag post

Years later as the Australian dollar become stronger against the U.S currency. Australian prices were printed on the covers of news stand books. Which was nice. First and only time new comics were cheaper on the stands. Comics off the news stand went from $2.00 a book to $1.50. 😀
Post 222 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Years later as the Australian dollar become stronger against the U.S currency. Australian prices were printed on the covers of news stand books. Which was nice. First and only time new comics were cheaper on the stands. Comics off the news stand went from $2.00 a book to $1.50. 😀

Nice books. I know there are people out there that pay a premium for Australian Newsstands.
Post 223 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Such serendipity that I happen to read a post on Australian market comics as I eat my vegemite & butter toast.
Post 224 IP   flag post
Here’s a couple of recent additions to my collection

Post 225 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I havent posted here in a while. Here are some of my most recent favorites. Newsstand and I have a love/hate relationship. With directs I can get 9.8s all day long. These, well my 9.8 grade screen probability of success is nothing short of shameful 😁

This one is a gem. The crown jewel! Very frustrating hunting it down, but it’s finally allll mine!

Very happy to own this one now. First appearance of Jessica Cruz in newsie. Also from a very difficult era to find newsstands in any shape at all

Diggin on this one. Not quite as rare as the others, but still difficult.

Post 226 IP   flag post

Post 227 IP   flag post

[img]https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/76cb9173e4d3d57397b5a56d234282dc.jpg[/img

Sig by the artist back in the 90s where a sign was free
Post 228 IP   flag post
Brand new to the Joosher Newsstand collection
Post 229 IP   flag post
A few more additions

Post 230 IP   flag post
602902 369 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?