Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New and old to your Collection -NEWSSTAND- Part 26551

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Regular scanner is giving me problems, so trying my large format one.

Never seen this one. I really enjoy the graphic play with this cover.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user

I got to meet Sam one year at his table in Dallas. Very nice guy. Watched him do the sketch and sign. I asked how much, he tells me $40. Still resides in my collection.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

2017 DC Comics HARLEY QUINN #17 NEWSSTAND EDITION CGC 9.4 SS Signed by Harley Quinn co-creators BRUCE TIMM and PAUL DINI.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I apologize, I misunderstood the subject of the thread. I will see what I have that fits the parameters.
Post 156 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I think we are losing sight of high grade modern newsstand editions. That vader down is not. The 80s newsstands, venom, and spider-woman are not. They printed millions of those. Moving along....
Post 157 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
That's cute.
Post 158 IP   flag post

Post 159 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I browsed the LCS back issues and came across this beautiful V1 Savage Dragon 1N with no bag or board! It completes the 3 issue series all in newsstand editions. It’s a 9.6 contender with a press/clean, maybe 9.8 if I didn’t miss anything.
For only $2 I’m feeling warm and fuzzy.

Post 160 IP   flag post
wow that's a good one
Post 161 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @kaptainmyke
And issues 2 & 3 make the set. I got these out of a $1 bin earlier this year, they are VF range.

Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 163 IP   flag post
i just watched the conan movies all in a row recently. if u imagine kevin sorbo being played by arnold, it makes more sense to me that way being how they ended the second film talking about how he got the throne but that's "for another story"
Post 164 IP   flag post
I have been hunting this one for some time. Due to the content of the book, I started to think it did not exist.

Post 165 IP   flag post
Apologies if I've posted this already. I just remembered again that I had it.

Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector NewsstandSpecific private msg quote post Address this user
Finally! New Warriors #1

Post 167 IP   flag post
Recent pick ups:

Post 168 IP   flag post
I've been hunting for a high grade Hulk 344 for some time:

I used to enjoy Pat Lee's work, Darkminds, Warlords and the below

Also added some more early Image #1s:

And finally:

The CGC label is incorrect. The way Stan handles books.... I would not roll the dice on that one.
Post 169 IP   flag post

Fugly
Post 170 IP   flag post

Final Issue for The Simpsons.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Added to my 1st generation of Image Newsstands:

Didn't realize until after I bought it that it comes from our board member in HK, @poka.

Lastly, picked up this Canadian Newsstand Variant:

Post 172 IP   flag post
Found another one I own.

Post 173 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh

Final Issue for The Simpsons.

Post 174 IP   flag post
Finally got these back from East Coast Comiccon back in April. Should have pressed the lethal protector like the rest, but they are a dime a dozen. Was expecting a 9.2-9.4 on the ASM 361. I was surprised with the Thunderbolts 1. I do not recall the 1.25" tear down the spine or the detached from staple note. Not saying its wasnt there, just cant believe I missed it.

Post 175 IP   flag post

Added to my collection over the past week or so.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

Added to my collection over the past week or so.

Never realized how good some of the Transformer covers are.
Post 177 IP   flag post
@Hcanes I'm trying to get all my favs from the 80 issue run in 9.6 slabs, including 1-24 and the last 5 or so issues of the run. but will take 9.4 if the price is right.

i probably Have about 10 more to go and have 8 of them raw that should get 9.4. But hard to pass up newsies when they show up and can get them basically for the price I'd pay for a the raw comic, a press, slab and shipping!
Post 178 IP   flag post
The last three issues were the hardest to find in NM condition, probably even more difficult when looking for newsstand copies considering the low print run towards the end of the series.
@Hcanes The art really came along as the series progressed. Andrew Wildman added to the art when he was brought on. A young Jim Lee even contributed a few covers to the original series.
Post 179 IP   flag post
@Drogio and @Studley_Dudley what you two have shown makes it tempting to join the hunt. I will have to live vicariously through you both...starting to run out of space.

Need to stay focused on my ASM and Hulk Todd McFarlane run.
Post 180 IP   flag post
596795 369 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?