Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New and old to your Collection -NEWSSTAND- Part 26551

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Error edition, wrong issue #
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I like your Newsstand run of ASMs. How much of the modern run were you able to complete?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector NewsstandSpecific private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
@kaptainmyke I like your Newsstand run of ASMs. How much of the modern run were you able to complete?

Not much. Mostly J Scott Campbells I searched out for. However, I have about 30-40 issues though of ASM from 2010-2011 run
Post 31 IP   flag post
Nova 1 (2013). First appearance of Sam Alexander. This was the last year of Marvel Newsstand Sales. This probably was from a Barnes and Nobles or Borders.

Post 32 IP   flag post
i thought 2015 was the last year for marvel and 2017 was the final year for DC.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I typically get my newsstand info from the Rare Comics Blog, but I did some quick googling to confirm.

http://blog.comichron.com/2018/02/end-of-era-last-dc-newsstand-issues.html?m=1
Post 34 IP   flag post

i got 2 copies of this one
Post 35 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
I typically get my newsstand info from the Rare Comics Blog, but I did some quick googling to confirm.

http://blog.comichron.com/2018/02/end-of-era-last-dc-newsstand-issues.html?m=1

2013 Marvel

December 2017 DC. They rid of it along with the Rebirth banner at the same time for the new years’ issues
Post 36 IP   flag post
stupid rebirth banner
Post 37 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
So fugly without the Spidey head...

Post 38 IP   flag post
248 might be the first Bushwacker. Not really sure.

Post 39 IP   flag post
50% fake newsstands imo
Post 40 IP   flag post
Or 100% real, but who's counting?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Here is a real newsstand

Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Twinning! Your copy is in better condition though.
Post 44 IP   flag post
i got 262 also they both 9.2s
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
i got 262 also they both 9.2s

My #262 is a Direct Edition, and I'll be lucky if both get 8.0's. I'm so mad that I did not pick up a #261 when I had the chance a year ago. It sat in my cart @ $20 for like six month until they made the Vampironica series announcement. Doh!
Post 46 IP   flag post
both of mine are newsies but I had to pay premium for them. $200 for 261 and $100 for 262. But, I have been searching for a while now. Then, it seems after I bought them both...they popped up on ebay like crazy afterwards!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
both of mine are newsies but I had to pay for it.

I just got mine recently, so I too paid the iron price for them.
Post 48 IP   flag post
They will continue to skyrocket if the new comic series takes off and if they include the characters on Riverdale any time soon.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I can't find a pic of my 262 at the moment... when I go back to the hangar.
Post 50 IP   flag post

Issue #1
Post 51 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Stumbled upon this one a few months back and haven’t seen another since.
Very happy to have it.
Post 52 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

I’ve had this one over a year now but I don’t think I’ve shared. Everyone’s gotta have ASM 361.
Post 53 IP   flag post

This one I’m proud of because it was in my first batch of submissions and it graded higher than I anticipated. Ebay ad selling it raw said 9.4 and it got a 9.6 from CBCS, who knew?
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Joosh nice ASM 299 and 361. I have an ASM 361 signed by Bagley with CBCS now, but not as nice as your copy.
Post 55 IP   flag post
596798 369 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?