Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New and old to your Collection -NEWSSTAND- Part 26551

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I havent posted here in a while. Here are some of my most recent favorites. Newsstand and I have a love/hate relationship. With directs I can get 9.8s all day long. These, well my 9.8 grade screen probability of success is nothing short of shameful 😁

This one is a gem. The crown jewel! Very frustrating hunting it down, but it’s finally allll mine!

Very happy to own this one now. First appearance of Jessica Cruz in newsie. Also from a very difficult era to find newsstands in any shape at all

Diggin on this one. Not quite as rare as the others, but still difficult.

Post 226 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

Post 227 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

[img]https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/76cb9173e4d3d57397b5a56d234282dc.jpg[/img

Sig by the artist back in the 90s where a sign was free
Post 228 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Brand new to the Joosher Newsstand collection
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector NewsstandSpecific private msg quote post Address this user
A few more additions

Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector PixelPanda144 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes

The X-men 1s across the top are a tough find in high grade, contrary to popular belief.

Tough to find as newsstand in high grade or hard to find period?
Post 231 IP   flag post
Contrary to popular belief, high grade Newsstand editions of X-Men #1 are incredibly hard to come by. From what I’ve gathered, the four covers were released regionally in terms of Newsstand distribution. If you choose not to believe it (I completely understand given it’s popularity), I wish you the best of luck on your search. Just ask shrewbeer
Post 232 IP   flag post
Updated display too. All 9.6/9.8’s. The only direct editions are X-Men Annual #1 but it’s SS Jim Lee and the African Saga (if you want to get technical). If you’re an 80s/90s kid, I highly recommend the Koto ‘92 X-Men 1/10 scale statues

Post 233 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I completed this before the cool down period.

Apologies for the glare. The fugly barcodes are still visible.
Post 234 IP   flag post

Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
I browsed the LCS back issues and came across this beautiful V1 Savage Dragon 1N with no bag or board! It completes the 3 issue series all in newsstand editions. It’s a 9.6 contender with a press/clean, maybe 9.8 if I didn’t miss anything.
For only $2 I’m feeling warm and fuzzy.

It’s back!

Post 236 IP   flag post

Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I browsed the LCS back issues and came across this beautiful V1 Savage Dragon 1N with no bag or board! It completes the 3 issue series all in newsstand editions. It’s a 9.6 contender with a press/clean, maybe 9.8 if I didn’t miss anything.
For only $2 I’m feeling warm and fuzzy.

It’s back!

Awesome grade. Congrats
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a few that I have. Some have been shown already but they were raw. Sorry about the blurriness, still saving for a better scanner

Post 239 IP   flag post
I used to have the tuxedo cover. Don't know what I did with it.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Found this for a $1 and picked it up. Liefeld was trying to pull a Donny Cates hype-up on this issue as it apparently ties into Major X.

The cover reminds me of the Image/Marvel crossovers from the late 90s like X-force/Youngblood, Wolverine/Badrock, Team 7/ Team X, etc

Wolverine is definitely on the juice on this cover

Post 241 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Found this for a $1 and picked it up. Liefeld was trying to pull a Donny Cates hype-up on this issue as it apparently ties into Major X.

The cover reminds me of the Image/Marvel crossovers from the late 90s like X-force/Youngblood, Wolverine/Badrock, Team 7/ Team X, etc

Wolverine is definitely on the juice on this cover

It really wants to be a good Liefeld cover. If you ignore Wolverine's freakish arms, it's not bad.
Post 242 IP   flag post
My wife kicked my collection out of the other room so I had to set up shop in another. All newsies with the exception of WCA #45. Traded out the Ross print for this amazing and period appropriate Bill Sienkiewicz giclee
Post 243 IP   flag post

Found this Canadian newsie hanging out in a box.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Captain America Annual 8. Classic Zeck cover

Avengers 195 to go with my Avengers 196 in 8.5.

Post 245 IP   flag post
Swapping out bags and boards. Last issue of X-Factor vol 1.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Another Canadian

Post 247 IP   flag post
Just picked these up for $25 each, SCORE!

Post 248 IP   flag post
Found these in the $2 bin at LCS today.

Post 249 IP   flag post
This just came in the mail, been wanting a copy for a while.

Post 250 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Just got these in today. Was someone looking for these comics in 9.6/9.8? Good price to a good home. (I saw a WTB thread six months ago and decided to try for a few. No luck on the 9.8's, but I'll try again. I like trying to find high grade bronze/copper age raws.) Feel free to pm me or reply here, either way.

Barring that, who's got advice for the best way to sell these? eBay? Looks like MCS doesn't specify newsstand, though they do provide images.

What's a good price for newsstand anyway? I know very little about them, though I suppose the X-men are harder to find than the DD #170?

Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
who's got advice for the best way to sell these? eBay? Looks like MCS doesn't specify newsstand, though they do provide images.

What's a good price for newsstand anyway? I know very little about them, though I suppose the X-men are harder to find than the DD #170?

If it were me, I’d see what 9.6s go for direct then post it on eBay for double that with a best offer option. I’d set the best offer minimum at 50% higher than the going rate for direct copy...see what kind of offers you get. If you get none in a month then drop the price down or lower the best offer.

Test the market...but generally newsstands go for 20-100% higher than direct from what I’ve seen in that era. It’s a niche market though so it might take a while for the right buyer to come along.
Post 252 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome beautiful books you all have been posting

Love the Mike Zeck Stuff!

Ive been working on filling out my McFarlane Hulk Run

Post 253 IP   flag post
Trying to get all the Image founding fathers'(McFarlane, Liefeld, Lee, Portacio, Valentino, Silvestri, Larson)first issues in Newsstand. Need Cyberforce(Silvestri) and WETWorks(Portacio). To my knowledge there was no Youngblood 1 Newsstand.

Post 254 IP   flag post
Well, I found 1 out of the 2 I needed today.

Post 255 IP   flag post
596798 369 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?